GDT: 10/21/21 Nux @ BlackHawks 5:30 PST SNPAC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: 10/21/21 Nux @ BlackHawks 5:30 PST SNPAC

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:33 am Larssen is more then decent defensively and has an upside to his offensive game I didn't realize.
You didn't realize?

21st in career points among active NHL defensemen.

20th in points per game among active NHL defensemen.

6th in career goal scoring among active NHL defensemen.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:58 am To me the team, as a whole, does not look to be in sync. Passes are off. They are getting owned in the middle of the ice, too many lost pucks and allowing other teams to transition too easily. They have cut down on the D zone run arounds but the fire tire routine is still there.

I watch them and I think where is the chemistry. Perhaps after two years of massive turnover both years it will just take time. They don't have a flow to their game yet. No cohesion.

They need to improve drastically in F/O and on special teams. They just look off and like they are struggling in so many areas.

They should be scoring more.

On the PP Pettersson needs to take every one timer he can and get his shot on net back. He is stopping almost every pass and trying to make a fancy play. Miller needs to stop turning the puck over. To get out of this funk on the PP we need shots, shots and more shots. Just hammer the frigging puck. At least number 23 isn't hitting shin pads anymore LOL.
Great analysis right there.

We all know this team can play better than they have thus far this season.

I have no doubts that will happen eventually.
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:13 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:58 am To me the team, as a whole, does not look to be in sync. Passes are off. They are getting owned in the middle of the ice, too many lost pucks and allowing other teams to transition too easily. They have cut down on the D zone run arounds but the fire tire routine is still there.

I watch them and I think where is the chemistry. Perhaps after two years of massive turnover both years it will just take time. They don't have a flow to their game yet. No cohesion.

They need to improve drastically in F/O and on special teams. They just look off and like they are struggling in so many areas.

They should be scoring more.

On the PP Pettersson needs to take every one timer he can and get his shot on net back. He is stopping almost every pass and trying to make a fancy play. Miller needs to stop turning the puck over. To get out of this funk on the PP we need shots, shots and more shots. Just hammer the frigging puck. At least number 23 isn't hitting shin pads anymore LOL.
Great analysis right there.

We all know this team can play better than they have thus far this season.

I have no doubts that will happen eventually.
Coaching the cohesion right out of them…
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:11 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:33 am Larssen is more then decent defensively and has an upside to his offensive game I didn't realize.
You didn't realize?

21st in career points among active NHL defensemen.

20th in points per game among active NHL defensemen.

6th in career goal scoring among active NHL defensemen.
Who the hell watches Arizona?
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:41 pm Who the hell watches Arizona?
Well usually you try to present yourself as the knower of all things.

You had no idea OEL was a top offensive defenseman in the league for the last decade? :eh:

You didn't notice him at all the year they won the Pacific Division and made it to the conference finals?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:54 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:41 pm Who the hell watches Arizona?
Well usually you try to present yourself as the knower of all things.

You had no idea OEL was a top offensive defenseman in the league for the last decade? :eh:

You didn't notice him at all the year they won the Pacific Division and made it to the conference finals?
Let's just rephrase; Who the hells been watching Arizona lately!
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:00 pm Let's just rephrase; Who the hells been watching Arizona lately!
Well they made the playoffs in 2020.

But regardless, you shouldn't post so much if you don't know the top offensive defensemen in the world over the last decade.

Let's just rephrase; You shouldn't post so much!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:15 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:04 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:37 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:33 pm And wound up tighter than a drum with beads of sweat flying everywhere. A little disturbing to see at it's worst, but kind of insightful at the best of times too, in fairness.
Occasionally, but he really looks like he should be cast in a David Lynch movie. Maybe riding shotgun with the dancing midget in a "Twin Peaks" reboot. Kind of creepy.
You're killing me man :lol: :lol:
Seriously, imagine the look on the seamstress' face after he leaves a suit to be tailored? They'd be looking around for a hidden camera thinking it's a practical joke by the sales guy.
:lol: :lol:
Have to wonder how the guy golfs. Does he just chop at the ball? Must start from the ladies tee, probably plays a lot of five and a half rounds.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:50 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:33 pm And wound up tighter than a drum with beads of sweat flying everywhere. A little disturbing to see at it's worst, but kind of insightful at the best of times too, in fairness.
Occasionally, but he really looks like he should be cast in a David Lynch movie. Maybe riding shotgun with the dancing midget in a "Twin Peaks" reboot. Kind of creepy.
Seriously, imagine the look on the seamstress' face after he leaves a suit to be tailored? They'd be looking around for a hidden camera thinking it's a practical joke by the sales guy.
Have to wonder how the guy golfs. Does he just chop at the ball? Must start from the ladies tee, probably plays a lot of five and a half rounds.
It's funny, Donnie and Dhali were saying he's a really good golfer the other day?
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:03 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:50 pm
It's funny, Donnie and Dhali were saying he's a really good golfer the other day?
Guess my problem the whole time was having shoulders. Who knew?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Good golfer taken from the source means what exactly....

Better than them?
DeLevering since 1999.