GDT: Canucks vs Sabres>4pm>Oct.19/21>SPNET360

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabres>4pm>Oct.19/21>SPNET360

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:11 pm That amazing first season we got from JT Miller, was that it? All she wrote?
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:19 pm Greener double shifting Podkolzin at the end? :lol: What an idiot our coach is
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:40 pm To be honest, Doyle, our “team defence” is as atrocious as it was last season, our forwards suck at it plain and simple. It’s not just “the defence”. Pettersson is turning out to be quite sucky at it and I think it’s safe to say that Horvat is no Bergeron or ROR. Your top 6 centre’s need to be more of a force at the 200’ game for our team defence to improve, bottom line.
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:42 pm As well, the overall team speed, or lack thereof is still a problem.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, take it easy there, big guy. Maybe get Cousin Strawberry to hook you up.

We all know genius GMs assemble formidable lineups and hire brilliant coaches. This is just an aberration.
The Canucks have loaded up this season, and the games are merely a formality. All that's left is debating the parade route.

You'll see.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:31 pm POST GAME TRAVIS GREEN: 4:49 min./sounds like he's lost the room. :(
4:37 min.

"Sounds like he's lost the room" = Micky proven correct.

Wait... you can tell by listening to Green speak to the media that he has lost the room? :eh:

Confirmation bias much?

I know this is a Green-roast, and hey I've wanted him gone for a long time, but...

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:36 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:07 pm I blame the OP...
Agreed.

Micky OPed the October 1 preseason GDT... and we lost that game to the Flames.

Then Micky OPed the very next GDT, breaking CC tradition and thus jinxing us for every reg season game he OPs.

Micky OPed tonight's GDT and we played our worst game of the season = Jinx verified.

We need to have a vote as to whether Mick should be allowed to start another GDT this year.

Oh wait, I'm a mod, yeah screw voting...
4 steak hammered out 30 odd posts the other day. Not sure if you punt him from doing the GDT if that number will increase or decrease.
Well he's started 5 of the 11 GDTs so far this year (preseason + regular) so he's gotta go.

And then there's that jinx thing. :scowl:

Perhaps we can confine him to his pigpen....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:45 pm Whoa, whoa, whoa, take it easy there, big guy. Maybe get Cousin Strawberry to hook you up.

We all know genius GMs assemble formidable lineups and hire brilliant coaches. This is just an aberration.
The Canucks have loaded up this season, and the games are merely a formality. All that's left is debating the parade route.

You'll see.
Looks like Cliffy is gonna be right for a change...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:52 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:45 pm Whoa, whoa, whoa, take it easy there, big guy. Maybe get Cousin Strawberry to hook you up.

You'll see.
It's that new flavour of kool-aide you whipped up, Doc. I'm smelling colours, hearing scents, and best of all, seeing the future.

Canucks go all the way in '22.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Attaboy Cliffy, that'll put hair on your chest!

Well maybe not, but you might think you see hair there...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:51 pm Perhaps we can confine him to his pigpen....

Is this an option? Just asking for a couple dozen friends. :lol:

What about a meter that just shuts a person down at say 30 posts in 24 hrs? Automatically puts a kill switch on posting for eight hours. For instance, tonight, Gomer’s next one would would be his last until he has his steak breakfast.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:56 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:52 pm

You'll see.
It's that new flavour of kool-aide you whipped up, Doc. I'm smelling colours, hearing scents, and best of all, seeing the future.

Canucks go all the way in '22.
Things did go pretty well the last time Mr Aquilini and Jimmy went all in back in '19-20. People laughed at the suggestion back then too..
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Agreed.

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Agreed.

Then Micky OPed the very next GDT, breaking CC tradition and thus jinxing us for every reg season game he OPs.

Micky OPed tonight's GDT and we played our worst game of the season = Jinx verified.

We need to have a vote as to whether Mick should be allowed to start another GDT this year.

2 of the pre season GDTs that I threw up had already gone past the start time of the game; So I started them.

The first Pre season one I did, I said this; viewtopic.php?p=448127#p448127

Tonight was my first regular season one.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hmmm solitary confinement for all eternity in a putrid disease-filled dungeon

I like where you're going with this Blob!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:05 pm
Agreed.

Tonight was my first regular season one.
... and Jinx verified.

Guards, take him away...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:39 pm Second straight year Pettersson has started poorly, the goal he "scored" was a fluke and the assist was on a goal Hart should have prevented. Maybe the league has figured him out, or this is just the player he's going to be?
Well I did advocate for trading him if contract talks were going to be a pain in the ass.

I also said last year that we may have overvalued him with our Canuck colored shades. He's a talent for sure, but he's not gonna set the world on fire if he can't get a shot off when the puck isn't "exactly where it needs to be". See Alex Ovechkin and his scoring touch? Yes he's more physically dynamic, but his one-timer is feared because he doesn't shy away from it and will let 'er rip even if he's falling down from a bad angle or thinks it might be blocked.....he doesn't care. He subscribes to the mantra "you will not score on every shot you don't take". He's the only guy in 30 years to chase Gretzky for the goal scoring crown.

Anyways. Petey is talented, but his current start has me firmly in the camp that he's a 30 goal, 70 point, point center.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

We'll see Mëds, I have no idea what to think at this point and just hoping for the best, which is clearly more.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

They're just getting their slump out of the way early so they can concentrate on winning when it matters
If you need air...call it in