GDT: Canucks vs Sabres>4pm>Oct.19/21>SPNET360

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabres>4pm>Oct.19/21>SPNET360

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Greener double shifting Podkolzin at the end? :lol: What an idiot our coach is
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I always used to say to my friends here in Calgary that the "Flames are not the sum of their parts." Now, I think the Canucks are that. Put me on the fire Green bandwagon.
Last edited by theman on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:50 pm I'm out.

See you next game

This team is still "fun to play"
That's spot on. There's nothing remotely intimidating about facing the Canucks. No opposing dman pays a price for retrieving a puck, no grinding or chasing forward actually has to work to get in after our own dmen. Predictable puck movement. Sigh.

I wonder if the players spoke for Green because there's no real accountability so it's "fun to practice".
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Abbotsford Canucks are back in action tonight in a return matchup against the Ontario Reign featuring Turcotte, Anderson-Dolan, Kyle Clague and all those young LA Kings prospects.

Double header tonight :)
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:20 pm I always used to say to my friends here in Calgary that the "Flames are not the sum of their parts." Now, I think the Canucks are that. Put me on the fire Green bandwagon.
Yep. We came out pissed off and ready to make amends for last season's poor start.....by going 1-2-1 with losses in regulation to Detroit and Buffalo and a SO win in Philly only because Hart has broken confidence.

What a farce. We're 4 games in and it will surprise nobody if we see Travis Green fired in the headlines (although really should be footnotes at this point).
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Mëds wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:20 pm I wonder if the players spoke for Green because there's no real accountability so it's "fun to practice".
...if this is the case may as well start at zero because you have the wrong players.
DeLevering since 1999.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Well that was fun. Going to be a long season if they can't outscore their team defense issues. Their play in their own zone is atrocious.

So what game does the official Green countdown start anyway?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:31 pm Well that was fun. Going to be a long season if they can't outscore their team defense issues. Their play in their own zone is atrocious.

2 games in on my count…
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Without Demko that game is 8-2. Lotsa dead red chances. The D is still a garbage fire even if they did upgrade from Edler to OEL. It’s been a garbage fire since 2013. And there’s nothing in the pipeline that is going to alter that much. For whatever reason this team can’t seem to identify or develop D men. The forwards can come back all they want, but the rag tag shitshow in our end won’t change. Tonight they dressed 3 NHL caliber D men. It’s a fucking fire drill out there most nights. Good coaching can only help so much. They have to be able to play. Schenn, Hunt and Rathbone aren’t cracking many lineups in the league. They are all 7/8 guys at this point. Elmo has drafted some nice forwards and they have a goaltending pipeline but they have pissed the bed when it comes to D other than Quinton.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:31 pm Well that was fun. Going to be a long season if they can't outscore their team defense issues. Their play in their own zone is atrocious.

I think it's on now, at least as far as this forum goes.
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Second straight year Pettersson has started poorly, the goal he "scored" was a fluke and the assist was on a goal Hart should have prevented. Maybe the league has figured him out, or this is just the player he's going to be?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

To be honest, Doyle, our “team defence” is as atrocious as it was last season, our forwards suck at it plain and simple. It’s not just “the defence”. Pettersson is turning out to be quite sucky at it and I think it’s safe to say that Horvat is no Bergeron or ROR. Your top 6 centre’s need to be more of a force at the 200’ game for our team defence to improve, bottom line.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

As well, the overall team speed, or lack thereof is still a problem.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Anyone with legit NHL coaching experience could probably do better than Green and Baumgartner right now. They have no system at all. How much more slack is Green going to be cut? He can't adjust to changing circumstances whatsoever. Hate to say it but there's a lack of leadership on the team in comparison to 19/20. Seems that way right now, anyway.
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:40 pm To be honest, Doyle, our “team defence” is as atrocious as it was last season, our forwards suck at it plain and simple. It’s not just “the defence”. Pettersson is turning out to be quite sucky at it and I think it’s safe to say that Horvat is no Bergeron or ROR. Your top 6 centre’s need to be more of a force at the 200’ game for our team defence to improve, bottom line.
I'm not ready to write them off yet, I will give them 1 more, real, NHL caliber coach first. If they still suck after the coaching change, then I'll agree with your statement. I think this team has the wrong head coach. Also, which coach is responsible for the powerplay?

BTW:

Letting Tanev go was clearly a huge blunder.