GDT: Canucks vs Sabres>4pm>Oct.19/21>SPNET360

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabres>4pm>Oct.19/21>SPNET360

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:34 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:31 pm Well that was fun. Going to be a long season if they can't outscore their team defense issues. Their play in their own zone is atrocious.

So what game does the official Green countdown start anyway?
I think it's on now, at least as far as this forum goes.
I was never high on the guy and thought he should have gone over the summer, so it'll be interesting to see how the next handful of games go and how the media and fans respond.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:40 pm To be honest, Doyle, our “team defence” is as atrocious as it was last season, our forwards suck at it plain and simple. It’s not just “the defence”. Pettersson is turning out to be quite sucky at it and I think it’s safe to say that Horvat is no Bergeron or ROR. Your top 6 centre’s need to be more of a force at the 200’ game for our team defence to improve, bottom line.
So do the wingers. They blow the zone early. Pearson is one of the few that will get his hands dirty playing D. He learned under Sutter. I agree Petey and Bo need to be better in their own end and so does Miller. Bottom line is they had three competent d men out there tonight and one of them was Myers. Why was Burroughs sat again? Not that he is the answer but he looked solid in the first three games.

With or without Travis Hamonic this was going to be a weak blue line.

Give Claude Julien a call or Mike Babcock or Bruce Boudreau. A real coach who also has the nutsack to tell GM that he needs better players. I’ve seen enough of the jawless coach. He can do colour for Gord Miller.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:08 pm You see Green's "I don't know what I'm doing" face more and more often in between whistles.

Playing Dowling and Highmore over Pods at this point in the game is obscene.
Exactly! Podkolzin will do pretty much whatever you want him to do. Boat-loads of talent in that kid. He's so ready to take a bigger roll but that aint
Green's way.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Team speed is a function of quick processing, right decisions, accurate and quick puck movement.

The breakdown tonight was countless neutral zone turnovers and Buffalo transitions from mediocre forechecking and not getting pucks deep.

Defensive play was poor due to 3 very borderline NHL defensemen being out of position and the team collapsing back into the Green turtle shell system.

Hunt was a -3 soon after the 3rd period started. A bad decision/bounce by Schenn caused the double-minor by Pearson. They were doing ok until a couple of bad plays killed all momentum. After the 3rd Buffalo goal, they just rolled over and immediately gave up the 4th goal.
Last edited by Carl Yagro on Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:48 pm Why was Burroughs sat again? Not that he is the answer but he looked solid in the first three games.
This is the kind of crap that Green pulls. Probably why the players end up playing with hands of stone after a while.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I blame the OP...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN- 1-0- EVEN:- Bo Horvat (1) Snap Shot,- assists: Tanner Pearson (2)- 05:57- 1st----https://streamable.com/wlp3pq

VAN- 2-1 -EVEN:- Justin Dowling (1) Snap Shot,- assists: Luke Schenn (1),- J.T. Miller (4) -16:01- 1st----https://streamable.com/6u21dz

Team- Shots- Hits- Power Play- Face offs
VAN---- 34---- 10----- 0/3-------- 47.9%
BUF---- 43---- 14----- 0/3-------- 52.1%

Dowling hits the post on the breakaway----https://streamable.com/juiny1

Garland is hit by Miller----https://streamable.com/ab10nm

Hoglander chance followed by Pearson chance-----https://streamable.com/jkoez4
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:48 pm I’ve seen enough of the jawless coach. He can do colour for Gord Miller.
:lol:

They can compare who has the least bone mass in their mandibles
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

They played 3 good games and one dud. Let's see how they respond to having their shit pushed in
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:12 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:48 pm I’ve seen enough of the jawless coach. He can do colour for Gord Miller.

They can compare who has the least bone mass in their mandibles
el rey del mambo
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 pm They played 3 good games and one dud. Let's see how they respond to having their shit pushed in
They play the Blackhawks' next, who are winless so far this season and losing tonight. Oh no.....
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

POST GAME TRAVIS GREEN: 4:49 min./sounds like he's lost the room. :(
Green: "I don't think we were good enough to win tonight, flat out."
We had nine forwards that didn’t block a shot, eight forwards that didn’t get a hit. We didn’t pay a big enough price.
Travis Green on Hughes: He was close to playing tonight. I don’t expect him to be out that long, if at all.
“I thought it was a real fast game…Give that team credit, there’s a reason why they’re 3-0. I don’t think we played good enough to win
tonight.”
POST GAME BROCK BOESER: 5:14 min.
Boeser: “Buffalo’s a hard working team. We knew we couldn’t take them lightly. A couple times our game got a little sloppy. Small details we have to clean up.”
"We have to simplify our game. We turned the puck over too many times in the neutral zone."
Brock Boeser
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:14 pm They played 3 good games and one dud. Let's see how they respond to having their shit pushed in
Meh… I would say three decent games and a stinkfest. I don’t like the lines at all. Unless you have a legitimate top 9, don’t try to pull one out of thin air. And if they are bound and determined to play Pearson with Bo put the kids with Dickinson. But for fuck sakes take Miller out of centre to laying with a raw rookie and a guy named Dowling. I’d even look at putting Pearson with Petey a d Brock. Miller and Bo and Garland would get a lot of good looks. Miller is better at LW.

Need to pick up at least a win and a tie the rest of the way here or it’s going to get ugly for the coach real quick.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:07 pm I blame the OP...
Agreed.

Micky OPed the October 1 preseason GDT... and we lost that game to the Flames.

Then Micky OPed the very next GDT, breaking CC tradition and thus jinxing us for every reg season game he OPs.

Micky OPed tonight's GDT and we played our worst game of the season = Jinx verified.

We need to have a vote as to whether Mick should be allowed to start another GDT this year.

Oh wait, I'm a mod, yeah screw voting...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:36 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:07 pm I blame the OP...
Agreed.

Micky OPed the October 1 preseason GDT... and we lost that game to the Flames.

Then Micky OPed the very next GDT, breaking CC tradition and thus jinxing us for every reg season game he OPs.

Micky OPed tonight's GDT and we played our worst game of the season = Jinx verified.

We need to have a vote as to whether Mick should be allowed to start another GDT this year.

Oh wait, I'm a mod, yeah screw voting...
4 steak hammered out 30 odd posts the other day. Not sure if you punt him from doing the GDT if that number will increase or decrease.