GDT: Canucks vs Sabres>4pm>Oct.19/21>SPNET360

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabres>4pm>Oct.19/21>SPNET360

Post by 2Fingers »

Power play looks identical to last year, the one that finished 25th in the league.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Micky wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:50 pm Well that somehow doesn't seem fair. They go down the ice and score right after the refs miss an obvious call on a Wing tripping Rathbone.
Where the hell did the Wing come from? :o
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:24 pm Anyways. Petey is talented, but his current start has me firmly in the camp that he's a 30 goal, 70 point, point center.
Oh, Come on, man! The kid is 22 years old. Turns 23 in November.

Näslund peaked at age 29 with 104 points. Henrik Sedin also peaked at age 29, with 112 points and Daniel peaked at age 30 with 104 points (albeit his ppg average was higher the previous season when he had 85 points in 63 games, but missed part of the season due to injuries, so maybe he also peaked at 29).

At age 23 Näslund scored 41 points, Henrik scored 42 while Daniel scored 54.

If Petey can score 70 this season, which wouldn't surprise me, his points totals so far in the NHL translates to 75 over 82 games, he should get at least twice that when he peaks at 29, so based on the record of other Swedish Canucks, you should consider him a potential future 150 point scorer. :drink:

Petey, Pods, the Hog, Huggy Bear, Garland... even Boeser... they are just starting out. They're bound to become even better.
And so is Demko.

The future is bright! 8-)

And sure, Wayne Gretzky scored 208 points as a 23 year old, but first of all, he was Wayne Gretzky, and second of all, I guess that was before the NHL had come up with the concept of goaltending... :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:50 am
Mëds wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:24 pm Anyways. Petey is talented, but his current start has me firmly in the camp that he's a 30 goal, 70 point, point center.

Näslund peaked at age 29 with 104 points. Henrik Sedin also peaked at age 29, with 112 points and Daniel peaked at age 30 with 104 points (albeit his ppg average was higher the previous season when he had 85 points in 63 games, but missed part of the season due to injuries, so maybe he also peaked at 29).

If Petey can score 70 this season, which wouldn't surprise me, his points totals so far in the NHL translates to 75 over 82 games, he should get at least twice that when he peaks at 29, so based on the record of other Swedish Canucks, you should consider him a potential future 150 point scorer. :drink:

Petey, Pods, the Hog, Huggy Bear, Garland... even Boeser... they are just starting out. They're bound to become even better.
And so is Demko.

The future is bright! 8-)

And sure, Wayne Gretzky scored 208 points as a 23 year old, but first of all, he was Wayne Gretzky, and second of all, I guess that was before the NHL had come up with the concept of goaltending... :look:
I dunno. I'm just not seeing what other people see I suppose. His first couple years were encouraging, but last year was not, and I don't see anything to change that. I see a kid who didn't hit his year 3 expectations and then held out and publicly went on record saying he won't speculate on staying a Canuck because he wants to be on a winning team.....and then he comes out of the gate wanting to make amends for last year by spinning his wheels and managing 2 points in 4 games, both points being rather lucky. He's not screaming "superstar" to me at this point.

I'll dump Hughes under the bus right now too. When your two star players both hold out for bigger deals after a season where the team was absolute shite, and they miss training camp and most of the pre-season, and then the team starts out looking just as bad as last year, well those two players get to shoulder a chunk of the blame.

All that being said, I will still give them both the benefit of the doubt because as you said (about Pettersson), only 23 years of age, and Travis Green is the only NHL coach either of them have known.....and the general opinion of his abilities as a coach aren't exactly stellar.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Per wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:50 am

I'm cutting Petey some slack, because he is young, and still a skinny kid. He has the talent, has the drive, but doesn't have the added muscle that will let him do what he wants to do in the NHL (yet).

With luck, the Sedins will be helping him with strength and conditioning and be able to mentor him into the superstar he should become.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I sat back in the Lazy Boy and turned on the TV about the same time Donny's fully reclining hostess was dialing the AM in his Maybach.

Hearkens back to how the preseason was used.

other comments
lil trojan played top 4 with Edler for most of his Vancouver tenure, Blobby Brown has selectively forgotten

for all his talent Pettersson needs to make the absolute best of his increasingly rare chances or learn to make space for himself amid the extra attention he receives.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:46 am ....in his Maybach.
...lol, I wish.

Drove side by side with an S680 V12 sedan the other day, that's a helluva ride.

He clipped me but not by a lot.

250K minimum for that baby.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:46 am I sat back in the Lazy Boy and turned on the TV about the same time Donny's fully reclining hostess was dialing the AM in his Maybach.

Hearkens back to how the preseason was used.

other comments
lil trojan played top 4 with Edler for most of his Vancouver tenure, Blobby Brown has selectively forgotten

for all his talent Pettersson needs to make the absolute best of his increasingly rare chances or learn to make space for himself amid the extra attention he receives.
He played on the pairing with Edler but he wasn’t getting top 4 minutes until Green and company finally figured out what a stiff Gudbranson was before he got traded. Since AV left, whoever is coaching has been staggering the defence pairs. For instance a guy like Myers until this year has played a lot on the third pairing but he has always been top 2 or 3 in minutes due to circumstances and special teams. It’s been nine or ten years since this team iced a good blue line.

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Ehrhoff
Rome Salo
Ballard Tanev

It’s been 7 years since they iced a competent top 4 D.

Hamhuis Bieksa
Edler Tanev

Elmer has had more than 7 years to build a blue line. Pat Quinn did it in three years. Lumme, Babych, Diduck, Brown, Hedican, Murzyn.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:11 pm So, this is what scoring first feels like! I like it, better than cocaine.
Where do you get your coke?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

damonberryman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:23 pm
theman wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:11 pm So, this is what scoring first feels like! I like it, better than cocaine.
Where do you get your coke?
:lol:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56 am
...lol, I wish.

When it's cold my stink pig farts a cloud like it's a diesel but it's gas haha
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:24 pm
donlever wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:56 am
...lol, I wish.

When it's cold my stink pig farts a cloud like it's a diesel but it's gas haha
notice he didn't dispute the fully reclining hostess
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:45 pm notice he didn't dispute the fully reclining hostess
Shhh....Doc is not aware his maid was with me last night.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:28 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:45 pm notice he didn't dispute the fully reclining hostess
Shhh....Doc is not aware his maid was with me last night.
If you need air...call it in