GDT: Preseason Canucks @ Coilers 6PM SNET ONE

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Preseason Canucks @ Coilers 6PM SNET ONE

Post by Mickey107 »

Kassian hit his head on the ice after his helmet fell off during the fight late in the third period of a 3-2 win for the Oilers in pre-season play. He had to be helped off the ice after the fight.

"Lucky, it seems like he's alright in there," coach Dave Tippett said after the game.

Tippett says Kassian is in 'good spirits' after scary looking injury

"He's got a pretty good bump on his head from hitting the ice," Tippett said. "But he's in good spirits. He was telling jokes when I saw him after the game."

Forward Derek Ryan said seeing Kassian go down was extremely scary.

Ryan said he has bonded with Kassian during the pre-season.
Bonding?, Bandages more likely. Whatever. Kass is toast.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post Game Alex Chiasson.. 2:50 min.
Alex Chiasson gets emotional when talking about Zack Kassian going down in the 3rd.
"He was one of my good buddies when I was there. I hope he's alright.

Alex Chiasson: I liked my game tonight. I was around the net. I think I can help this team. I just have to go out and play well.
"Super talented, he's really calm out there, easy guy to play with."
🗣️ Alex Chiasson on playing with Elias Pettersson tonight
Post Game Quinn Hughes.. 6:50 min. (great interview.)
Quinn Hughes on his shot: Yeah it's definitely heavier. I changed my curve and flex. I definitely wasn't satisfied with last year. I worked on a bunch of different things, and my shot was a big one.

"I felt pretty good, little jitters at the start, after not having played in awhile. Exciting to go out there and play in front of fans again."
🗣️ Quinn Hughes on his first pre-season game
Post Game, Travis Green.. 5;50 min.
Travis Green on Nic Petan: He's done some good things. He's given himself a good chance. He's learned a lot over the years. He's not a young player anymore. He's one of those tough choices that we're going to have to make.

Travis Green on Will Lockwood: Strong game. Liked his speed. That line had a strong game tonight. He had a good game.

Travis Green on the Hughes/Poolman pairing: I like it a lot. You're playing the best line in the league. I thought Quinn looked sharp tonight. Poolman's had a really good camp for us. He's a strong skater, he's long, and his hockey sense is good.

"I thought they both got better as the game went on, I'm not surprised, they are young players, I thought they played well."
🗣️ Coach Green on Hughes and Pettersson's play tonight
Brendan Batchelor Quotes.
"evolution"
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

theman wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:31 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:30 pm Zack on Zack violence...
Apparently MacEwan KO’d him (listening on the radio)
I don't follow hockey at all anymore, but I noticed an item on one of the news networks which showed this fight. It's nice to see Kasian get what he deserves - such a puke of a player.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:13 pm I listen to Bob Stauffer (intermission guest with Dan) fairly regularly out here, he's the best local hockey guy.

His take on how well JB did in the OEL trade is bang on. On his show today (or yesterday maybe?) he was saying that Van moving the pick that took Dylan Guenther was an excellent gamble as he is by no means a sure fire top level talent. As he intimated, he figures OEL is still an elite player and having them toss in a talented top 6 wing like Garlic was brilliant
How can you stand listening to that blow hard bafoon? LIke most of the Edmonton media, he is a complete biased homer. In Edmonton, media personnel (including the likes of Stauffer), have to always portray the home team in a good light - including the Edmonton Elks. They just fired one of the media guys for critising the Elks. In Edmonton, media personnel tow the line or they are out.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:18 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:04 pm I don't mind Chaisson either. He's a bigger forward that the puck seems to follow around the ice. If he signs for under a mill a year I can see value in having a solid vet with a ring who can slot anywhere in the lineup
He had his worst year in Edmonton in 2021. He might be high maintenance health wise. Hard to tell.
Why would you think that? :?

The guy has missed a total of 6 games to injury in the last 6 seasons...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BCExpat wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:40 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:13 pm I listen to Bob Stauffer (intermission guest with Dan) fairly regularly out here, he's the best local hockey guy.

His take on how well JB did in the OEL trade is bang on. On his show today (or yesterday maybe?) he was saying that Van moving the pick that took Dylan Guenther was an excellent gamble as he is by no means a sure fire top level talent. As he intimated, he figures OEL is still an elite player and having them toss in a talented top 6 wing like Garlic was brilliant
How can you stand listening to that blow hard bafoon? LIke most of the Edmonton media, he is a complete biased homer. In Edmonton, media personnel (including the likes of Stauffer), have to always portray the home team in a good light - including the Edmonton Elks. They just fired one of the media guys for critising the Elks. In Edmonton, media personnel tow the line or they are out.
He spends a fair amount of time profiling teams around the league and is fair with the praise and criticism IMO. When it comes to the coilers I don't really listen all that closely.

Down your way that geek Lombardius is the worst I've ever heard this side of torontoilet. Jason Gregor is fair when it comes to other teams but also tongues his share of bags for the flames.

If you listen objectively to the Vancouver station you hear the same shit too. It's probably a requirement to have those jobs
If you need air...call it in
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:22 pm

He spends a fair amount of time profiling teams around the league and is fair with the praise and criticism IMO. When it comes to the coilers I don't really listen all that closely.

Down your way that geek Lombardius is the worst I've ever heard this side of torontoilet. Jason Gregor is fair when it comes to other teams but also tongues his share of bags for the flames.

If you listen objectively to the Vancouver station you hear the same shit too. It's probably a requirement to have those jobs

Oh I agree - the Flames have their share of media idiots, and Lombardius is not the worst - Eric Francis is every bit as bad as any of the Edmonton media. I don't listen to any hockey talk radio.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BCExpat wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:22 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Oh I agree - the Flames have their share of media idiots, and Lombardius is not the worst - Eric Francis is every bit as bad as any of the Edmonton media. I don't listen to any hockey talk radio.
They just canned that little ginger who was playing on 980 in Calgary and 650 back in Van. I was getting a couple hours a day of mostly Canucks talk until the shit canning. Fuck
If you need air...call it in
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Quinn Hughes on his shot: Yeah it's definitely heavier. I changed my curve and flex.

Hell yeah, finally no flex and a piece of led taped into the curve. :mex:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'