GDT: Canucks vs Flames> Friday, Oct,1,21> 6:00 PM PST>SNET1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Flames> Friday, Oct,1,21> 6:00 PM PST>SNET1

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:14 pm Myers has been playing like this since he got here. It's not just tonight.

Juolevi looked alot better tonight and I would like to see them play him tons this preseason just to see if he continues to round out his game. There still may be a player in there after all.

I demote Mike Hunt. He's no more or less than the Stetcher du jour.

Based on what I've seen so far I let Rathbone and Juolevi share that final job.

Up front there were pretty well no stand outs. Di Giuseppe maybe?

Garland, Miller and Hog look rusty but that's to be expected.

Pod looks nervous and forces pucks too much causing panicky plays. That should settle down once he settles in. He's a good skater and looks like he uses his body well to defend the puck.
You're nitpicking too hard on Myers. He is what he is and he's not going to be playing 27 minutes a night in those prime situations in the regular season... of course we can't say until the Hamonic thing gets sorted out.

He's also going to have a lot higher caliber forwards to play with under an improved system. No more Green Baumber rope-a-dope. Hallelujah PTL!

No different than seeing Edler's nightly penalties and bone-headed plays for the last 5-6 years. Honestly. Myers is fine for now... then he's gone.

I'm actually being kind to Hunt because people love to rag on Juolevi. Olli brings a bigger overall game to the table than Hunt. With all his warts, he has value as a low-event defensive Dman who will be on one of your PK units. Hunt won't generate enough offence to hide his deficiencies. Just my opinion.

I think a Rathbone/Juolevi on the bottom pairing, with a 52/30 season split is not a bad way to have both develop.

I forgot about Di Giuseppe pizza. Lots of hustle, but is he really any better than a much cheaper Tim Schaller? Honest question. I'd put him in over MacEwan that's for sure.

I didn't expect Miller, Garland, Pods or Hogs to stand out too much once I saw both lineups. Not worried about the other three obviously, but I hope Pods doesn't get too much pressure to produce a lot of points this season.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!