GDT: Canucks @ Kraken - 6pm - Sept 26, Spokane - PRESEASON

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Kraken - 6pm - Sept 26, Spokane - PRESEASON

Post by ESQ »

donlever wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:10 am
Well lookie here, a gdt.

1 - a good deal of hockey history down there, over a hundred years plus or minus. Fans were chanting Sea - Hawks - long before the NFL came to town.

..so your query it makes sense no?
I don't know much about the minor/major-junior history of the PNW, but I'm not surprised to hear that given what we saw last night.

I see the capacity is 10,366. The Panthers and Coyotes typically "report" attendance around 13,000 - with real attendance likely below 9000.

Kraken tickets for the preseason in these little arenas (also playing in Kent and Everett) are going for $95-150. I can get a ticket on Seatgeek for a reg season game for under $10 right now :lol:

I agree none of this is shocking stuff, but how nice to see the league finally stop trying to force a square peg in a round hole, and putting a team in a place to succeed.

With these kinds of ticket prices, and what I presume will be year-long sellouts, I think that bodes very well for league revenues rebounding and the cap going up sooner than later.