GDT: Canucks vs Flames 7:30 PST sn

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Flames 7:30 PST sn

Post by Topper »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:03 am
Cornuck wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:31 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:03 am So that extra point sees the columbus blow jobs jump over van in draft position. Canucks luck strikes again
Don't worry Cuz, we have 3 more teams we can pass before this is over. ;)
I think that will put the Canucks at 10. Then two teams behind the Canucks will pass them n the lottery. So, I'm figuring Benning should be picking at 12. :thumbs:

Benning has got them right where he wants them.
Geoff won't allow it.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Scanned the 3rd again and notice that once Boeser got his ankle whacked he turned into an asshole and took over the game. Someone should smack that thing before every game
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:44 pm Scanned the 3rd again and notice that once Boeser got his ankle whacked he turned into an asshole and took over the game. Someone should smack that thing before every game
That's the closest I've see Brock want to drop em and fight. He was mad. Like you say. he went beast mode and took over the game.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:44 pm Scanned the 3rd again and notice that once Boeser got his ankle whacked he turned into an asshole and took over the game. Someone should smack that thing before every game
I'm all for a motivated Brock... because when he's not motivated, he is a bit of a lazy, useless defensive liability.

In OT, he was too much of an asshole. Completely hogged the puck and refused to pass for better options, instead he forced multiple lesser chances even when a setup to Hughes in the slot could have sealed it.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:29 pm
I'm all for a motivated Brock... because when he's not motivated, he is a bit of a lazy, useless defensive liability.

In OT, he was too much of an asshole. Completely hogged the puck and refused to pass for better options, instead he forced multiple lesser chances even when a setup to Hughes in the slot could have sealed it.
Boeser is very much like Sean Monahan. Similar players
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pretty critical. I'll buy a couple wrong options in OT but that's the norm for almost every player of note in the league.

He's not a defensive player but he's not a liability that loses games either.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

He was pissed off and wanted to win it. I can handle that alot better than disinterested Boeser
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 pm He was pissed off and wanted to win it. I can handle that alot better than disinterested Boeser
That wasn't playing the right way to win though. He deliberately looked off his teammates 3 times and forced the wrong play when they were the better options.

Hey, it's ok to play angry sometimes, but don't be a selfish petulant little kid when it's not the right play.

Yes, an engaged Boeser is 100% better than a disinterested one.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Micky wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:51 pm

Pretty critical. I'll buy a couple wrong options in OT but that's the norm for almost every player of note in the league.

He's not a defensive player but he's not a liability that loses games either.
It's supposed to be critical. And no, that is not the norm for almost every player of note. You keep making selfish and wrong decisions, you don't stay on a team or in the league for long... unless you are at an elite sniping level of a Brett Hull or an Ovechkin. And those guys won nothing until they became selfless and dedicated themselves to having a defensive game.

He is absolutely a defensive liability if he is pouting and not engaged, standing around with one hand on his stick and waving it around like it was actually doing anything.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

He has one point more than Tyler Toffoli with two games more to play. I actually think Boeser has dedicated himself to being better defensively of late.
He's a shooter and I think has been told to as much as possible. Probably because of the horrid PP record of late..

Admittedly the pouting face from the bench is not a good look. Honestly, he's not a superstar and isn't ever going to be one but he's one of the best four this team has and may still have more to give yet.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:07 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:16 pm He was pissed off and wanted to win it. I can handle that alot better than disinterested Boeser
That wasn't playing the right way to win though. He deliberately looked off his teammates 3 times and forced the wrong play when they were the better options.

Hey, it's ok to play angry sometimes, but don't be a selfish petulant little kid when it's not the right play.

Yes, an engaged Boeser is 100% better than a disinterested one.
You're wrong. Boeser knew exactly what he was doing......and he knew that the higher lottery odds were more important to the team than the extra point in a meaningless Covid season make-up game.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I have a confession

I turned it off at 5-1 :oops:

That’ll learn me it’s like the 2nd time that’s happened to me
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:07 am I have a confession

I turned it off at 5-1 :oops:

That’ll learn me it’s like the 2nd time that’s happened to me
Way to step up, Rats. Something tells me you had company. ;)
"evolution"