GDT: Nucks @ Oil - 7:00PM - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nucks @ Oil - 7:00PM - CBC

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Lind looks like hes still not ready unfortunately. Hes missing a step and some muscle to win battles.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:43 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:41 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:40 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:35 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:19 pm Graovac >>>>>>> Sutter and Beagle combined.
Agree completely. Hes got a bit of Adam Lowry to his game
Yeah like I said in the other thread, I'm warming up to him.

Sutter walks as UFA, Beags on perma LTIR.

Graovac at minimum wage on the 4th line.

Just gotta figure out that 3rd line centre.
Yup...the new gaping hole in the line up.
There's also a fairly significant one on the left side in the top-4 on the blueline.
I dont like elderly Edler or Myers on that defense. I feel they are way too fucking slow
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:44 pm Lind looks like hes still not ready unfortunately. Hes missing a step and some muscle to win battles.
At the AHL level he provides secondary scoring and is a really annoying pest on the ice. If he aspires to have a, say, Jayce Hawyrluk type career he needs to crank the agitation way up and start colliding with people and blocking shots or something. He's not close the way he's playing. I have thought Gadjovich had the better opportunity to play for us for a while and that hasn't changed. That guy keeps on working at it and improving and he possesses some attributes we can really use if he can somehow keep up.
Last edited by Megaterio Llamas on Sat May 08, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tough decision but Looks like Edler has played his last season here. I would think he retires. Not sure. Stuck with Myers so he better pull it together.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN- 1-2- EVEN:- J.T. Miller (13) Backhand,- assists: none -09:12- 2nd--- https://streamable.com/k0t1kn

VAN- 2-2 -EVEN: -Travis Boyd (4) Slap Shot,- assists: Jimmy Vesey (3)- 11:40- 2nd--- https://streamable.com/0jmdh8

VAN -3-3 -EVEN: -Tyler Graovac (2) Snap Shot,- assists: Jayce Hawryluk (3),-Quinn Hughes (33) -14:21- 2nd--- https://streamable.com/1e3024

Team- Shots- Hits- Power Play- Face offs
VAN---- 25---- 13------ 0/5------- 47.1%
EDM---- 34---- 18------ 2/4------- 52.9%

It's a high one; Glove save JT Miller ! --- https://streamable.com/i2ehtp ..And the bench goes wild.

Hughes goal overturned by off-side call. --- https://streamable.com/eo37ax

Chiasson penalty against Boyd --- https://streamable.com/2fp3m8

Horvat goaltender interference ---https://streamable.com/ax85y8
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:44 pm Lind looks like hes still not ready unfortunately. Hes missing a step and some muscle to win battles.
Agreed. He doesn’t look ready to contribute at all offensively. Maybe next game we will see how Gadjovich looks?

Including Podkolzin, who should make the team right away, when healthy, the Canucks have seven top nine forwards, Horvat, Petey, Miller, Boeser, Hoglander, Pearson. They need to find two more cheap top nine forwards.

They have just as many players that should play on the fourth line next season, Motte, MacEwen, Highmore, Hawryluk, Roussel, Beagle and maybe Graovac? Maybe Jake?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:01 pm Tough decision but Looks like Edler has played his last season here. I would think he retires. Not sure. Stuck with Myers so he better pull it together.
Geez, he plays more than everybody than Hughes I think. That'll be a huge hole to fill right there with very little cap space. I think we need Eddy back for another year on a bonus laden geezer contract.

Hambone returning would be good too. Perhaps Beagle, Eriksson and Roussel will do us a favor and join Ferland on the LTIR :D
el rey del mambo
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Somehow, I'm feeling like I'm watching a reincarnation of the dynasty Oilers of Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier wiping their asses on us again. Once McJesus starts shaking & baking, he pretty much makes all our guys look like a bunch of amateurs/pylons. :(
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:06 pm
Geez, he plays more than everybody than Hughes I think. That'll be a huge hole to fill right there with very little cap space. I think we need Eddy back for another year on a bonus laden geezer contract.
It's going to be a wait and see thing. Pretty sure he'll be honest with Jim. Notice they threw him out on the late power play hoping to get that 100 G.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post game Thatcher Demko..2:49 min.
“I’m proud of our group. We were dealt a tough hand and guys are working hard right now to contribute.” - Demko
“I’m not going to be a fan until I’m croaking. I don’t know what you want me to say.” - Thatcher Demko on how he’ll look back on this night in the future
Post game Travis Boyd..3:24 min.
[“I was getting a little frustrated with not contributing offensively. I was happy to get it tonight and hopefully moving forward I can have the floodgates open for me.” - Boyd
Post game Travis Green..7:22 min.
Travis Green says he liked the Graovac line tonight.
--"I thought there was a lot of guys on the bottom end of our lineup that played extremely hard."
--Travis Green on Connor McDavid: He's a great player. He had another good night. He's a hard player to stop. When your team is tired and you've got some guys out with injury, it becomes even harder to stop.
--Travis Green on the #Canucks injuries: It could have something to do with games piling up, but you'd have to probably look closer at each injury and dissect it.
--Travis Green on Graovac: You're happy when guys have success. That's what you want to see from guys who get a chance. You like to see guys do well when they come in like that.
--Green on playing regular season games at the same time as the playoffs: I think it's more for the veteran guys and the guys that have played in the league a long time. They all want to play in the playoffs, and when you get to that point where you know you're not, it's difficult.
J.T. Miller on the Canucks power play struggles: We're not clicking right now. We're not on the same page. It happens sometimes, and it sucks.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:24 pm Somehow, I'm feeling like I'm watching a reincarnation of the dynasty Oilers of Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier wiping their asses on us again. Once McJesus starts shaking & baking, he pretty much makes all our guys look like a bunch of amateurs/pylons. :(
You can take some consolation in the fact that he does that to everyone in the league. He's literally that good. He moves at a pace that reminds me of a young Ovechkin, except that McDavid has twice the hockey IQ and you haven't got a clue if he's going to pass or shoot or deke.....with Ovie you knew he was only looking at the net, so you could force him to either shoot or deke.....not that you could stop him very easily either way. LOL.

McDavid though, good luck stopping that.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The Miller interference call leading to the gwg was utter fucking horseshit considering the amount of interference a dave tippett coached team gets away with all over the ice. Their entire game plan is to obstruct the opposition ffs
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Mëds wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:34 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:24 pm Somehow, I'm feeling like I'm watching a reincarnation of the dynasty Oilers of Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier wiping their asses on us again. Once McJesus starts shaking & baking, he pretty much makes all our guys look like a bunch of amateurs/pylons. :(
You can take some consolation in the fact that he does that to everyone in the league. He's literally that good. He moves at a pace that reminds me of a young Ovechkin, except that McDavid has twice the hockey IQ and you haven't got a clue if he's going to pass or shoot or deke.....with Ovie you knew he was only looking at the net, so you could force him to either shoot or deke.....not that you could stop him very easily either way. LOL.

McDavid though, good luck stopping that.
They have a long way to go to become the 80s Oilers. They have McDavid and Draisaitl. Is that enough to win a cup? No one feels like a serious offensive threat besides them. Poolparty has less than .5 points a game. Can you imagine how many points Boeser or Miller would have if they played with those two. The Canucks have been playing pond hockey with a team loaded with AHL or 4th line players and have been competitive. If the Oilers get out of the Canadian division, I don’t at all like their chances against teams like Vegas, Tampa, Boston etc.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:23 am The Miller interference call leading to the gwg was utter fucking horseshit considering the amount of interference a dave tippett coached team gets away with all over the ice. Their entire game plan is to obstruct the opposition ffs
The officiating in almost al the games in the league is over the wall. The call that pisses me off the most is interference. How do you put a level on that? Whatever it currently is, the players aren't understanding it as something that is wrong. A lazy or "out of desperation" situation is obvious but the
phantom calls are choking out games. I suppose the league consensus is "more PPs, more entertainment and goals.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:23 am The Miller interference call leading to the gwg was utter fucking horseshit considering the amount of interference a dave tippett coached team gets away with all over the ice. Their entire game plan is to obstruct the opposition ffs
Yeah. 100%. Even watch McDavid, he engages in the neutral zone all the time, last game he drops a pass to Draisaitl and then veers off and picks Hamonic who was coming over to follow the pass. No call. Goal for Leon.