GDT: Nucks @ Oil - 7:00PM - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nucks @ Oil - 7:00PM - CBC

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:07 am
Mëds wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:34 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:24 pm Somehow, I'm feeling like I'm watching a reincarnation of the dynasty Oilers of Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier wiping their asses on us again. Once McJesus starts shaking & baking, he pretty much makes all our guys look like a bunch of amateurs/pylons. :(
You can take some consolation in the fact that he does that to everyone in the league. He's literally that good. He moves at a pace that reminds me of a young Ovechkin, except that McDavid has twice the hockey IQ and you haven't got a clue if he's going to pass or shoot or deke.....with Ovie you knew he was only looking at the net, so you could force him to either shoot or deke.....not that you could stop him very easily either way. LOL.

McDavid though, good luck stopping that.
They have a long way to go to become the 80s Oilers. They have McDavid and Draisaitl. Is that enough to win a cup? No one feels like a serious offensive threat besides them. Poolparty has less than .5 points a game. Can you imagine how many points Boeser or Miller would have if they played with those two. The Canucks have been playing pond hockey with a team loaded with AHL or 4th line players and have been competitive. If the Oilers get out of the Canadian division, I don’t at all like their chances against teams like Vegas, Tampa, Boston etc.
Yeah, as I think I said earlier, last night was basically...

McDavid 4
Canucks 3
Oilers 0

He scored the first and directly setup the other 3. No other Oiler did anything on their own.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Strangelove wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 pm
BCExpat wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:45 pm Go Canucks Go. I hope they win all their remaining games so they finish ahead of the Flames. Love to see the Flames draft in the top 5 this year. :lol:
........................................................Image
Yeah well they will still beat the Flames 4 times in the upcoming series. Rumor is that the Flames will use cardboard cutouts for players during those games. Hell, it might even be an improvement for them. :roll: :roll:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:09 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:23 am The Miller interference call leading to the gwg was utter fucking horseshit considering the amount of interference a dave tippett coached team gets away with all over the ice. Their entire game plan is to obstruct the opposition ffs
Yeah. 100%. Even watch McDavid, he engages in the neutral zone all the time, last game he drops a pass to Draisaitl and then veers off and picks Hamonic who was coming over to follow the pass. No call. Goal for Leon.
Oh ya forgot about that one. Its fucking bullshit man!

The other head coach who uses this strategy is Quenville. Those blackcock teams were constantly pulling that shit and i would bet the pants are winning with it as well
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BCExpat wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:14 am
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 pm
BCExpat wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:45 pm Go Canucks Go. I hope they win all their remaining games so they finish ahead of the Flames. Love to see the Flames draft in the top 5 this year. :lol:
........................................................Image
Yeah well they will still beat the Flames 4 times in the upcoming series. Rumor is that the Flames will use cardboard cutouts for players during those games. Hell, it might even be an improvement for them. :roll: :roll:
The most meaningless hockey to ever be played coming up. I hope its full AHL rosters and both teams "rest" the vets. Make a mockery of this bullshit
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Cardboard cutouts are better than Feces. This is just the science that goes with a physical sport. Solid waste matter will beats semi-liquid at least in the first few games; that is until the fecal matter soaks into the cardboard, at which time the Canuck/Flames games will devolve into unexplainable chaotic patterns of diuretic shit stains swirling without reason around the ice. The last games of the season will be rather nauseating and medical experts agree they should be avoided.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.