GDT: Canucks @ Senators>Apr 26, 2021>4pm>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Senators>Apr 26, 2021>4pm>SNETP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:31 pm Players continually making wrong decisions all night. Not a high enough effort level. Taking lazy routes. I swear, sometimes it looks like some players just want to get rid of it so they wont be blamed for anything.
The coaching staff has to takes it's share of the blame for a stinker like this too.
I think you must be talking about the OP when it comes to effort level.

Physical effort was there from these guys. They didn’t quit, they just don’t have the gas in the tank right now. For once I actually can’t call it laziness.

Mental errors like these at this point in the season are more on the coaches than the players. It’s the coaching staff’s job to have ironed these out so they don’t happen even when players are gassed and thinking a bit slower in the late stages of the season and playoffs.

Guys like Sutter simply don’t have the talent to pass the puck, and a few other players are only on the ice because of physical effort and work ethic.....they come up shy on ability and talent.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:28 pm
1-4 on the season Micky.

You've ruined us. :evil:
No, Sexy, you did and have for so many years, ur a legend of inequity to all those that are silly enough to care about what you have to say. :evil:
Well YOU seem to care about what the Great Strangelove has to say! :D

A lot!

"a legend of inequity" :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:34 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:27 pm I’d say Elmo doesn’t have another three years, but I’m shocked the guy still has a job here. The man has 99 lives.
:hmmm:

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:47 am Elmer has done a lot of good things since the calendar moved into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:20 pm Hargraves has thrown bouquets at Elmer many times since 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:23 pm Jim Benning has been pretty darn good since the calendar rolled into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:48 pm I have little problem with most of the management decisions since we rolled into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 pm Since (2017 )the management group pulled their heads out and has pulled off a series of good moves, I have done a 120. Thr team is fun, it’s exciting.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:12 am (Benning) deserves credit for the job he’s done since the calendar rolled over into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 am How many times do I have to say the guy has done a good job the last 2 1/2 years?
Some of those posts are from like 6 months ago bro!

You're not a Benning bandwagoneer are ya buds?
I like Elmo’s drafting. I hate his cap management and some of the trades he’s made. His asset management leaves a lot to be desired as does his roster construction. If they make the postseason one time in the next three years, they are 3/10 seasons in playoffs. How is that acceptable? He had a decent run for a couple years when you quoted me, where the blunders seemed to decrease. I’m not going to fry him on every move, but this team is a long ways away from being a top 10 team in the league. They aren’t close at all.

Benning should be retained as a Director of Amateur Scouting at his current salary. It might be time to get some fresh eyes to look at the way this team is built and where they want to go in the future. But Fredo seems like he’s cheaping out on hockey men so he can live out his own dream.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

C'mon Vin Tanner Pearson, look at the dates of those quotes.

You loved Jimmy in every which way right up until this nightmare of a season.

And when Canucks rebound next season, you'll fall in love all over again.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Mëds wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:37 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:30 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:28 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:25 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:16 pm
rats19 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:55 pm The team just had covid... had 3 weeks off. Played really well have won 3/4 games and they look tired and we turn on them like rabid fucking dogs :crazy:
It’s the mental errors. And frankly it’s not all that different from before Covid hit. The lack of legs is understandable. But when the mental errors are the same as before.....that ain’t COVID. It’s either shitty players or shitty coaches.
It's almost like they're experiencing some kind of mental fog ;)
Yep. But it’s not a Covid symptom in this case because it was present before they all caught it. Lol.
Mëds I promised myself I wouldn't get all worked up during this no Petey covid death march of ours and yet there I was tonight going bananas in this thread.

Luckily I caught myself and reeled it in just in time :D
Peter? Meh.

Our record without him is way better than our record with him this season.

On the plus side this certainly means cheaper bridge rather than big payday. I remember his agent saying he wanted to work on both contracts together and get matching deals like he worked out for Toews and Kane in Chicago.

If Elmer Fudd gives Pettersson a matching deal with Hughes it had better mean that Hughes is coming really cheap. At this point in his career Pettersson is a sub 1.0 ppg player who has yet to prove he can actually play an 82 game season.
He has likely been playing most of the year with the injury. He's going to make out okay in the contract negotiations I think. If not, he'll have no shortage of takers elsewhere around the league I think. Getting rid of the best players is not the way,...
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:57 pm He has likely been playing most of the year with the injury. He's going to make out okay in the contract negotiations I think. If not, he'll have no shortage of takers elsewhere around the league I think. Getting rid of the best players is not the way,...
With Mëds it's a Swedish thing.

Long history of dat dere.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:51 pm C'mon Vin Tanner Pearson, look at the dates of those quotes.

You loved Jimmy in every which way right up until this nightmare of a season.

And when Canucks rebound next season, you'll fall in love all over again.
He had a rough offseason. The team came out and fucked the dog the first 25 games. Not all his fault for sure. But no I was never in love with Elmo or Frank like some others. I gave credit where it was due. I also take a bat to him when it is due.

At the end of the day I have no say in the matter. I’d prefer new owners over a new manager.

I cheer for the sweater not the manager/owner
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:33 am ..............ImageImageImage
...................................................Take it one game at a time; Playoffs are possible.
1-4 on the season Micky.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 pm
Micky wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:38 pm
1-4 on the season Micky.

No, Sexy, you did and have for so many years, ur a legend of inequity to all those that are silly enough to care about what you have to say. :evil:
Well YOU seem to care about what the Great Strangelove has to say! :D

A lot!

"a legend of inequity" :lol: :lol: :lol:
................ Image
Last edited by Mickey107 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN- 1-1- EVEN:- Olli Juolevi (2) Wrist Shot,- assists: Tyler Myers (12),- Brandon Sutter (3) -14:07- 1st --- https://streamable.com/17h2uw

Team- Shots- Hits- Power Play- Face offs-
VAN---- 26---- 25------ 0/1------- 58.7%
OTT---- 27---- 34------ 0/1------- 41.3%

Goal for Ottawa called back for contact with the goaltender --- https://streamable.com/rkxs6n

Fight with Virtanen and Dzingel. Jake gets a good pop at the end--- https://streamable.com/g04xkq

Jake earning his money --- https://streamable.com/1hrffy

Hoglander chance --- https://streamable.com/934qjv

The almost but not quite blast from Horvat --- https://streamable.com/p9j9lf ..just on the goal line.

different game callers
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post game; Sutter
Brandon Sutter: We've liked the way we've played over the last five games. Ottawa's come a long way in the last couple of months. They've played us hard the last three games.
Post game; Juolevi
Olli Juolevi on his prolonged absence from game action: Of course, you hope to play every game. Really all you can do is focus on doing good stuff in practice everyday and hoping to get the chance again.
Post game; Holtby
Braden Holtby: If we're going to have any chance of getting into the playoffs, we can't worry about what Montreal does or any other team. We need to believe we can win every game, and hopefully that's enough.
--Braden Holtby on the potential of playing four games in six nights: The guys play every game. The goalie can't use that as an excuse.
Post game; Green
Travis Green: I thought we could have got the puck out a couple of times on the (game winning) goal. A couple of plays we weren't quick enough. We talk about holding the middle, we didn't get to the middle of the ice, and we had a breakdown.
--Travis Green: I think our top players were fine tonight. It's easy to say our top players need to score. It's easier said than done some nights.
"evolution"