GDT: Jets @ Canucks March 24 7:30 pm SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Jets @ Canucks March 24 7:30 pm SN

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:03 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:27 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:30 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:22 pm I really don't see how the coaching staff survives this season
Yeah, all of them on the final season of their contracts right now, they'll be gone for sure.

Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:22 pm , and frankly I wouldn't be at all shocked if Benning was also shown the door.
I would be absolutely shocked if Benning was shown the door.
He's the longest serving GM with a losing record. I love what he's done with drafting, but right now we're seeing that he has loaded this team up with some serious dead weight.

Granted, all of that dead weight will be gone at the end of next season, however, that means that next year we get to look forward to a repeat of this year because the only thing really coming off the books is Sutter and Pearson.....and all of that money is going right back into existing players who need significant raises.

For the record I'm not advocating that we gas Elmer, just that I can see the justification for it if it happens.
Benning isn't getting canned Mëds, at least not this off season. He's got two years left on his contract and that saves his butt in this current environment. Big Frank is pinching pennies these days so Benning sticks around.

We can most likely say good bye to the entire coaching staff though, Ian Clark included.
I hope we don't lose Clarke. That's an important piece right there. The rest can't disappear soon enough.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Jets @ Canucks March 24 7:30 pm SN

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:09 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:03 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:27 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:30 pm
Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:22 pm I really don't see how the coaching staff survives this season
Yeah, all of them on the final season of their contracts right now, they'll be gone for sure.

Mëds wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:22 pm , and frankly I wouldn't be at all shocked if Benning was also shown the door.
I would be absolutely shocked if Benning was shown the door.
He's the longest serving GM with a losing record. I love what he's done with drafting, but right now we're seeing that he has loaded this team up with some serious dead weight.

Granted, all of that dead weight will be gone at the end of next season, however, that means that next year we get to look forward to a repeat of this year because the only thing really coming off the books is Sutter and Pearson.....and all of that money is going right back into existing players who need significant raises.

For the record I'm not advocating that we gas Elmer, just that I can see the justification for it if it happens.
Benning isn't getting canned Mëds, at least not this off season. He's got two years left on his contract and that saves his butt in this current environment. Big Frank is pinching pennies these days so Benning sticks around.

We can most likely say good bye to the entire coaching staff though, Ian Clark included.
I hope we don't lose Clarke. That's an important piece right there. The rest can't disappear soon enough.
Local goaltending writer Kevin Woodley has been going all kinds of crazy on his twitter about the Ian Clark and Mike Dipietro situations lately. It's been entertaining reading lol. Twitter has banned ol' Megaterio but you can check it out ;)
el rey del mambo