GDT: leaves at Canucks 4pm Mar 6 CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Leaves at Canucks 4pm Mar 6 CBC

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So Hargraves nailed both wins and got the score correct. I’m not a machine, I can’t knock it out of the park forever. Should we shelf Hargraves and give someone else a kick at the can. You never know when you really need a Doyle. :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:52 pm So Hargraves nailed both wins and got the score correct. I’m not a machine, I can’t knock it out of the park forever. Should we shelf Hargraves and give someone else a kick at the can. You never know when you really need a Doyle. :mex:
I was told rather sternly.... that’s not how it works.

You’re on till you’re not :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:31 pm Obviously Pettersson is the problem
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let it begin! :twisted:

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:45 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:32 pm
2Fingers wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:04 pm Not sure if it was said earlier but has it been EP that has been the problem the whole time? :eh:
I don't know if it was said, but I had the thought early in the 3rd period that maybe the rest of the team plays better with him out.

Wouldn't that be something eh.....

I mean, there's enough there to bring out the rumour mongering conspiracy theorists. He's moody, he's highly fashion conscious, seems very concerned with his image and brand.

The team has definitely looked much better top to bottom the last two games.

Bring on the tin-foil hats and HF level angst.

Who needs Pouttersson? :P
Haha i know right!

Ofc its not him but i do think the powerplay spends way too much time working around to get his one timer off. Without focusing on the EP plan they are moving around more and creating net front traffic far better. Pettersson more or less is stationary with his stick raised...so predictable
Oh that's definitely a thought that's gone through my head a bunch.

Honestly I'd change the PP up with him there. Put him somewhere to be more of a playmaker. If his hockey IQ is as elite as people say then the guy is wasted as a simple trigger man.

He skates like Wayne, so why not stick him in Gretzky's office and when he doesn't have the puck he can sneak back to the goalie's left for that bullet of his.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:45 pm
Ofc its not him but i do think the powerplay spends way too much time working around to get his one timer off. Without focusing on the EP plan they are moving around more and creating net front traffic far better. Pettersson more or less is stationary with his stick raised...so predictable
That's the best I've seen Miller play all year. Boeser and JT were as good as any duo in the league on this night. They could have had more.

I don't like that raised stick thing Pettersson does either... Think it kind of started with the notion to draw a fake but it's not effective when it's been seen too much. I'm sure he watched his buds tonight.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

In fairness to him and Newell, he does possess a 100+ mph slapper and similar players around the league typically set up on the half walls to let loose those cannons.

I just think its an easily scouted and neutralized weapon where teams set the close side d-man to occupy that shooting lane and block 99% of all his shots
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:56 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:52 pm So Hargraves nailed both wins and got the score correct. I’m not a machine, I can’t knock it out of the park forever. Should we shelf Hargraves and give someone else a kick at the can. You never know when you really need a Doyle. :mex:

Nicest person on the boards. I ain’t battling back. :)

Ok I got the next one.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:31 pm Ok I got the next one.
Let's go!!

____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

That was fun wasn't it. I believe I would enjoy doing that again, it even could get to be a habit.

I guess ol' stringtie and his media friends will have to simmer down a bit now eh :D
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:31 pm

Ok I got the next one.
I appreciate that Doyle.

And thanks :)
el rey del mambo
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

2 wins in a row over today's leaves...?
Well, playing my music in the sun, I'm a joker I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker, playing my music in the sun. Saw Steve Miller in a nice concert format in Kelowna 2 years ago, anyways
2 wins w/o petey...who would have thunk?
cc oldtimer
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Brock Boeser / Bo Horvat- post-game..6:32, min.
“I’m pretty confident” says Brock Boeser when asked if he thinks the second half of the season will be better than the first.
--Brock Boeser (with JT Miller listening to his answer): I know Millsy's played center in the past. I know he's comfortable there. He can win draws, or get kicked out a lot.
Bo Horvat: For our power play and penalty kill to step up tonight was definitely a huge part of the win.
Thatcher Demko / JT Miller- post-game..8:37, min. --Good interview.
JT Miller: There's always room for someone to step in. I feel very comfortable at centre. I told Greener that when Petey got hurt. I feel more engaged in the game there../. It could be a big turning point, but we're not going to look too far ahead. We're going to enjoy it tonight.
Demko gives us a chance to win every single game. He comes up with the saves at the right time, and when we find a way to put the puck in the net, it all seems to come together.
Travis Green- post-game..7:27 min.
Travis Green: Our team has been feeling good about their game. They haven't been getting the results, and that's probably been a mental fight with themselves. Our group believes that they're a good team and they can play with anyone. There's been a lot of talk locally in our media about what we're doing, trading players and stuff like that. We haven't let any of that into our room.
--"I haven't thought about it yet. I'll worry about that when the time comes." - Travis Green on whether he'll consider keeping Miller at centre when Pettersson returns
Brendan Batchelor quotes..
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

nuckster wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:23 pm 2 wins in a row over today's Leaves...?
Well, playing my music in the sun, I'm a joker I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker, playing my music in the sun. Saw Steve Miller in a nice concert format in Kelowna 2 years ago, anyways
Wait a minute...thats not about hockey

:scowl:

Rikster we dont have rules here and thats what makes this place good. The Doyle~Chef flame wars are more of a feature than a problem.

And fuckin rights about Steve Miller. Every good stoner has a bunch of his shit in their tune collection. I never saw him play and i regret it
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:12 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:31 pm

Ok I got the next one.
I appreciate that Doyle.

And thanks :)
Yup. Good job there, Blobbie!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:09 am
nuckster wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:23 pm 2 wins in a row over today's Leaves...?
Wait a minute...thats not about hockey

:scowl:

Rikster we dont have rules here and thats what makes this place good. The Doyle~Chef flame wars are more of a feature than a problem.

And fuckin rights about Steve Miller. Every good stoner has a bunch of his shit in their tune collection. I never saw him play and i regret it
The question remains Wiz, which ster has the most ster, rikster, or nuckster?