GDT: Coilers vs Whale Shit On Ice - 25 Feb 2021 @ 19:00 PST on SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Coilers vs Whale Shit On Ice - 25 Feb 2021 @ 19:00 PST on SNP

Post by Cherry Picker »

Above and below 500

Leaves +11
Coilers +6
Nyets +6
Habnots +3
Lames -1
Canucks -6
Senators -7

Sooooo, if the standings stay the same and the Canucks lose their next game to the Sens, they’re last in the North. :shock:
I blame ham-boners.

Miller looked better. Jake as well. Hoglander might be hitting the rookie wall, but I liked his hit on Russell. Schmidt skated miles and is looking much better.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I thought we played a lot better in the previous game. Greener's changes were a negative.

It's not easy to sit through this, everybody who stuck around to the bitter end of this one is a gamer...
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:21 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:18 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:12 pm I hate hockey. :(
:lol:

Getting a little owlie around here innit!
I'm sad man.

My team is losing again and the tards at that other site don't like me for some reason. :(
Perhaps the regional boss from Arizona should see those messages you've been getting Doc.

Of course the kid is triggered and has lost his mind but threats like that are way offside on any forum...
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Miller and Boeser not on the same page! I hate to see this. >>> --- https://streamable.com/o1ul1m

Regrettable misses --- https://streamable.com/03qf8i

Don't listen to John! Myers got no smarts putting his goalie at risk like this. --- https://streamable.com/3kxzgj

Hockey old school --- https://streamable.com/ht0x7l

Hoglander on Russel --- https://streamable.com/uby8n4.. + --https://streamable.com/4eytwi

One of Virtanen's many chances --- https://streamable.com/aq14df

Team-- Shots-- Hits-- Power Play-- Face offs
EDM----- 34---- 17------- 2/5--------- 56.9%
VAN----- 32---- 17------- 0/4--------- 43.1%

"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Heretic! :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:28 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:26 pm Ya fucking bullshit. Im starting to hate mcdavids little tiny tim face like i used to hate Gretzky's
I'm feeling the same.

For some reason my hatred for everything Oil actually grew tonight.
So you are ready for a ban on fossil fuels?
Great! That should teach Alberta! :twisted:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Green, post-game..7:09 min.
Well definitely in the last period there’s room for improvement.” - Travis Green on the PP
We’re just not putting the puck in the net when we need to right now
--Travis Green on whether the PP needs more urgency: It’s a different type of urgency. We talk about our skating and our compete a lot, and yet when you’re playing with the puck it’s a little bit different.
-- Travis Green: When you’re playing well and not getting results, you tend to feel like you’re banging your head against the wall. :bang:
-- Travis Green: I liked the look of our lines. I really liked our 5-on-5 game, especially the first two periods. Jake could have had a couple of goals. Gauds could have had a couple of goals.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:53 pm Miller and Boeser not on the same page! I hate to see this. >>> --- https://streamable.com/o1ul1m
I really liked JT last season and he was one of our best players, but this season he does seems off. I wonder if some of the immaturity issues he had back with the Rangers are resurfacing a bit. When things are going well and the team's winning, everything is gravy and it's easy to be a cool dood; but during tuff times, it shows what kind of character the person is made of. I won't say he's a cancer and we're not in the dressing room, so we'll see how it all plays out. On the flip side, maybe it's good someone got pissed with the losing.
Man, Hoggy is a goon. A couple games ago, he was knocking around that Jets guy, now he's laying the smack down on 2 Oilers. Hoggy is today's new power forward. Small, but well built and can hit like a battering ram. :P

I like Greener splitting up the lines, even though we didn't win today. Instead of having one top heavy line (lotto line) and 3 other lines that can't do much, I think we have 3 lines that are more balanced and 1 checking/energy line with the reconfiguration. I didn't think Jake would play well with BoHo cuz sometimes I think Bo doesn't really like Jake, but the Pearse-BoHo-Jake line was one of our better lines tonite. Jake had some golden chances, but couldn't bury it. He prob had his best game this season: skating well, throwing some big hits and getting chances. This is the Jake we liked from last season. Smith was rusty and gave us a freebie last game, but was on top of his game tonite and was looking like the Mike Smith in his prime.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Micky wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:20 pm Green, post-game..7:09 min.
Well definitely in the last period there’s room for improvement.” - Travis Green on the PP
We’re just not putting the puck in the net when we need to right now
--Travis Green on whether the PP needs more urgency: It’s a different type of urgency. We talk about our skating and our compete a lot, and yet when you’re playing with the puck it’s a little bit different.
-- Travis Green: When you’re playing well and not getting results, you tend to feel like you’re banging your head against the wall. :bang:
-- Travis Green: I liked the look of our lines. I really liked our 5-on-5 game, especially the first two periods. Jake could have had a couple of goals. Gauds could have had a couple of goals.
these "could haves", "we talked", blahblahblah excuses,

"we're just not putting the puck in the net when we need to right now"??? wtf man, you are not winning any aspect of the game when you need to right now.

good teams find a way to win games; bad teams find a way to lose them

Enjoy your remaining time in Vancouver
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:28 pm
Man, Hoggy is a goon. A couple games ago, he was knocking around that Jets guy, now he's laying the smack down on 2 Oilers. Hoggy is today's new power forward. Small, but well built and can hit like a battering ram. :P
Travis begs to differ...

But I don't know... he has always had a mean streak, even in junior...

... and sometimes he definitely crosses the line. :crazy:

https://twitter.com/cmoresport/status/1 ... 25?lang=en

Yet he's not the only Canuck that can knock over Russians.... :D
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

What sucks is that Hughes is turning into ghost-bear. Hes losing his ability to escape the forecheck and constantly barfing up turnovers under pressure

Green needs to get canned
If you need air...call it in
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Jake was better -- I liked his game when he wasn't taking dumb penalties. But dumb penalties matter.

Hoglander isn't playing worse. He's doing fine. He has been a step shy of being an offensively lethal player all year. That play will get points and goals here and there, but its not going to be consistent production until he can crack that next level by improving the shot (whether its accuracy, deception, or ability to get that lane) or playmaking (increase finesse and accuracy of passes).

The power play, ugh. They had a good one early and the rest were bad. This team is built to be able to have an advantage on special teams and they aren't executing. Lack of movement is the biggest issue. The defense doesn't have to work. And while Miller has been frustrating from a possession perspective on the power play, when they are set up, he's the only guy who is working to change the angles.

Last night Pettersson had a zone entry where he basically had three Oilers on him but he deftly controlled the puck in his feet. There wasn't a great alternative play for him, so he was forced into this and he succeeded without it even looking like all that big of a deal. Petey has great hands and moves; I'd like to see him exercise these skills a little more on net drives and the like. HE did more of this last year, and it is why he drew so many penalties.

I know that there are many McDavid haters. He plays for a rival, he has a face made for punching, doesn't he? But credit where it is due. His skating is out of this world, and he uses it wisely. Do you ever watch youth hockey and see that kid who looks like he's three years older than everyone else in physical athletic development and skating skill? McDavid looks like that kid.
Hono_rary Canadian
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:59 am What sucks is that Hughes is turning into ghost-bear. Hes losing his ability to escape the forecheck and constantly barfing up turnovers under pressure

Green needs to get canned
Greens a knob! Hughes has all the ice time he can eat. He's really, the only true puck moving D-man on the team right now. Wouldn't call him a turn over machine. Green over uses him, plain and simple. At least Hughes is willing to skate with the puck instead of passing it off quick like most of his team-mates.. The big disappointment on the backend is Nate Schhidt who is barely an upgrade from Stecher so far. Yikes!

There's 3 days off. Perfect time to get another coach in there.. Even an interim cast of three could do better then the current trio.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Just sitting here listening to the Bob Stauffer coiler lunch hour show and they're surprisingly complimentary of how YVR has played in these 2 games. Talking about only giving the coilers very few chances but when they do cough one up its a golden goose opportunity.

I see something different myself but interesting to hear that.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:25 pm
Heretic! :evil:
I apologize, twas a weak moment. :(

I love hockey again!!! :thumbs:
____