GDT: Canucks vs grounded jets, 7 PST (SnetP/TSN) Feb 19

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs grounded jets, 7 PST (SnetP/TSN) Feb 19

Post by 2Fingers »

Meds wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:35 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm Horvat, I love you Boss, but for fuck sakes go bury someone out there. He’s as big of a pussy as Trevor Linden. Thing is Linden couldn’t fight and was built like Brandon Sutter. Horvat can fight and he’s built like a tank. He just won’t impose his will on the game physically. He and Jake both need a heart and balls transplant. All the physical gifts, size and speed and strength and they both play like they are a buck sixty.
Horvat supported Don Cherry's firing because he said things that could hurt someone's feelings.

That's all you need to know about how imposing our Captain's will is ever going to be.
No it’s not, it showed Canucks communications was working with him. Everything the Canucks plates say is reviewed and approved by the Canucks.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Meds wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:42 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:36 pm Forbort got more life out of the team then Green did. Hoglander isn't afraid of anything. The only "team" moment of the night. Not near enough
effort from the reversees. Demko was OK.
OK?

LMAO!!!
Micky Carlyle lol...

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:48 pm
Meds wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:35 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm Horvat, I love you Boss, but for fuck sakes go bury someone out there. He’s as big of a pussy as Trevor Linden. Thing is Linden couldn’t fight and was built like Brandon Sutter. Horvat can fight and he’s built like a tank. He just won’t impose his will on the game physically. He and Jake both need a heart and balls transplant. All the physical gifts, size and speed and strength and they both play like they are a buck sixty.
Horvat supported Don Cherry's firing because he said things that could hurt someone's feelings.

That's all you need to know about how imposing our Captain's will is ever going to be.
No it’s not, it showed Canucks communications was working with him. Everything the Canucks plates say is reviewed and approved by the Canucks.
So what you're saying is that he's still not imposing HIS will on anything. Just reading the company line. Now that's leadership baby!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:49 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:36 pm Forbort got more life out of the team then Green did. Hoglander isn't afraid of anything. The only "team" moment of the night. Not near enough
OK?

LMAO!!!
Micky Carlyle lol...

I've always felt that a person of Micky's perceived intelligence would be more at home over at HF. It's crazy he's still here.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Jets outplayed us in the first period by a good margin.

But I thought we had the edge in the second and third.

Demko was outstanding, which is encouraging.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:12 pm The Jets outplayed us in the first period by a good margin.

Yeah I thought it was a really good, well played, fast paced hockey game.

Shame we lost but I enjoyed it 'cause I like watchin' fast, well played competitive hockey games...
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

With our troubles scoring goals the last thing we need is for the team to be jinxing itself with dumbass promotions like this though:

Vancouver #Canucks
@Canucks
For every goal the #Canucks score tonight,
@TD_Canada
will give away a #ReverseRetro jersey to a lucky fan! To enter, reply to this tweet with your favourite Canucks player from 2001-2006.

Random winner(s) will be selected after tonight’s game. Contest open to BC Residents 19+.

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1362 ... 82952?s=20
el rey del mambo
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

OK?

LMAO!!! He got beat on a clear breakaway by a player on a hot streak who had piles of time because Edler has concrete skates and stone hands.

But yeah, when we were about to finish the first period outshot 15-5, Demko was just OK. :lol:
Nobody recognizes my sarcasm. :(
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Great save Demko --- https://streamable.com/ae0snm .Little luck maybe.

Virtanen hit on Lewis --- https://streamable.com/xxc7di .then Lewis looked like he was gonna kill him.

Late 1st period flurry bt Canucks --- https://streamable.com/1kb1gf

Almost a goal for Nate Schmidt in all alone in the second -- https://streamable.com/tvwafj .just a trickle more but not to be.

Forbort jumps Hogalander --- https://streamable.com/kmqevw

Miller should be frustrated. --- https://streamable.com/04ow47

Team-- Shots-- Hits-- Power Play-- Face offs
WPG---- 31------19------- 0/2------- -54.3%
VAN----- 29--- --24------- 0/2------- -45.7%..after improving for three straight, Face offs poor again.

"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Post game; Travis Green..... 5;32-minutes
Green: "Its frustratiing when you dont score a goal. It was a tight game, probably could have gone either way."
Doesnt feel the Canucks created enough traffic in front of the goalie. "We had the puck alot. I dont think we shot it enough."
--
Green re Canucks response at the end of the game, "Im not surprised at the response. You've got a big guy going after the smallest guy on the team. The team is going to respond."
Post game; Elias Pettersson..... 2;23-minutes

Post game; Thatcher Demko..... 1;59 minutes

Post game; Tanner Pearson..... 3;17 minutes
"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:18 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:12 pm The Jets outplayed us in the first period by a good margin.

Yeah I thought it was a really good, well played, fast paced hockey game.

Shame we lost but I enjoyed it 'cause I like watchin' fast, well played competitive hockey games...
I thought it was great too.
Lots of long stretches of play without whistles, fast paced.
Lowered expectations
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jake played his best game as a canuck last night. He was skating miles and made a half dozen well timed hard hits that directly lead to scoring chances.

Vancouver's defense was good. They kept a dangerous team to the outside and really limited their ability to get inside and cause shit

The way to beat a structured defense like that is to ride guys out of the play and have a strong net front prescence. Vancouver didnt have enough of either and consequently couldn't break through and get one by brossoit.

The silver lining on losing and having some muppet taking runs at your smurf will mean we finally see Eriksson off the line up card in favour of someone hungrier and more engaged take his seat and a more physical type of wing.

I keep Roussel in but pull Gaudette and Loui for Hawreluk and Mac.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The way to win tomorrow will be for Hoglander to take more runs at Fool-bert and everyone finish extra hard on Ehlers and Connor.

An AHL scrub who has zero self control will take penalty after penalty if provoked. If their smurfs are on their asses every touch they will break down defensively and run around for payback hits.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hoglander is such a breath of fresh air. We’ve been Team to Nice for far too long. I see Hoglander’s swagger as similar to Brad Marchand. We all tend to hate these types of players when in other teams but you need them to light a spark and provide an edge. He’s a guy that will get under the skin of others and don’t give a shit about it. Soft hockey has to go. Bo is to Sedin Gentleman and Jake is too soft.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Canucks did not play a good game. It can't always be pretty passing it around in the O-zone or on the PP or crazy good individual efforts either. Not that there was much of that last night.

Needs to be more of a grind it out mentality when playing a team like the Jets. Doesn't matter. Some Canucks just didn't really put forth much of an effort. Some just plain played badly; Miller, Edler, Horvat. To a lesser degree; Pearson, Sutter, and even Hughes skated miles but without a plan.
They should hang their heads a bit. The game was there for the taking.

It's fine to say switch up a couple players to add toughness but not if the consequences end up being less skill. Skilled players can be tough. IE: Miller, last year. Horvat, when he's moved to. Myers, Benn, Jakypoo. etc. Players have to want to play, "in any type of game", in order to win them.
"evolution"