GDT: Canucks vs grounded jets, 7 PST (SnetP/TSN) Feb 19

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks vs grounded jets, 7 PST (SnetP/TSN) Feb 19

Post by Cherry Picker »

Miller go earn your keep and target their smallest player, right now!
We are all Jim Benning.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Oh and JT Miller needs to be made a healthy scratch for a game or two. He's far and away our worst player right now.

Eriksson makes better decisions.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

And yet another "well earned " shutout courtesy of your Vancouver Canucks.
2021 - Playoff Bound
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Meds wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:28 pm Oh and JT Miller needs to be made a healthy scratch for a game or two. He's far and away our worst player right now.

Eriksson makes better decisions.
Miller needs some serious press box time.
el rey del mambo
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Laurent Brossoit has his only 2 NHL shutouts against us.
Try to focus on THIS year... again
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Horvat, I love you Boss, but for fuck sakes go bury someone out there. He’s as big of a pussy as Trevor Linden. Thing is Linden couldn’t fight and was built like Brandon Sutter. Horvat can fight and he’s built like a tank. He just won’t impose his will on the game physically. He and Jake both need a heart and balls transplant. All the physical gifts, size and speed and strength and they both play like they are a buck sixty.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Well that sucked
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:24 pm I thought we out played the Jets tonight.

We play like this we'll win our share of games...
Normally that would be true. But it's a mantra we've heard WAY TOO MANY TIMES from various iterations of this team, it's coaches, management, analysts, and fans. Not sure when everyone is simply going to realize that the only way that the soft perimeter possession hockey results in a win is when you are up a goal or two and don't actually need to score, just keep the other team from getting the puck.

The Jets actually didn't look that scary tonight, I never once had that feeling like they were going to steamroll us, never had that uneasy knot in the stomach like they were about to score, they simply zoned up and clogged the middle on defense. This was 100% a game where the Canucks beat themselves by simply playing soft, perimeter hockey, and standing still like stick men in the mud on the PP.

Kudos to Brossoit for a good game, but when you can see every shot, and almost never have to worry about stopping a rebound, it's an easy win.

Demko deserved a better fate.

The entire organization deserved the loss though based on the pre-game show to no fans, the shitty anthem singer, and the butt ugly jerseys.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm Horvat, I love you Boss, but for fuck sakes go bury someone out there. He’s as big of a pussy as Trevor Linden. Thing is Linden couldn’t fight and was built like Brandon Sutter. Horvat can fight and he’s built like a tank. He just won’t impose his will on the game physically. He and Jake both need a heart and balls transplant. All the physical gifts, size and speed and strength and they both play like they are a buck sixty.
Horvat supported Don Cherry's firing because he said things that could hurt someone's feelings.

That's all you need to know about how imposing our Captain's will is ever going to be.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Forbort got more life out of the team then Green did. Hoglander isn't afraid of anything. The only "team" moment of the night. Not near enough
effort from the reversees. Demko was OK.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You either have a mean streak or you don't.

Jake is Jim Sandlak 2.0

Bo is trying to be Henrik... and even I hated how the Sedins never engaged in scrums.

Fuck that man, nice guys don't finish.
Try to focus on THIS year... again
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Meds wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:33 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:24 pm I thought we out played the Jets tonight.

Normally that would be true. But it's a mantra we've heard WAY TOO MANY TIMES from various iterations of this team, it's coaches, management, analysts, and fans. Not sure when everyone is simply going to realize that the only way that the soft perimeter possession hockey results in a win is when you are up a goal or two and don't actually need to score, just keep the other team from getting the puck.

The Jets actually didn't look that scary tonight, I never once had that feeling like they were going to steamroll us, never had that uneasy knot in the stomach like they were about to score, they simply zoned up and clogged the middle on defense. This was 100% a game where the Canucks beat themselves by simply playing soft, perimeter hockey, and standing still like stick men in the mud on the PP.

Kudos to Brossoit for a good game, but when you can see every shot, and almost never have to worry about stopping a rebound, it's an easy win.

The entire organization deserved the loss though based on the pre-game show to no fans, the shitty anthem singer, and the butt ugly jerseys.
Geez I'm angrier about the awful Sportsnet broadcast presentation than I am with the team. Other than Miller, who is garbage every night, I thought we were unlucky not to win.

The pre game was pretty bad. They really need to bring back Mark Donelly...
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:36 pm Forbort got more life out of the team then Green did. Hoglander isn't afraid of anything. The only "team" moment of the night. Not near enough
effort from the reversees. Demko was OK.
OK?

LMAO!!! He got beat on a clear breakaway by a player on a hot streak who had piles of time because Edler has concrete skates and stone hands.

But yeah, when we were about to finish the first period outshot 15-5, Demko was just OK. :lol:
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Also, our milquetoast PA announcer in the rink is goddamned terrible. BOOOOOOO Horvat.

Where's Tom Peacock when we need him?
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:41 pm
Meds wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Geez I'm angrier about the awful Sportsnet broadcast presentation than I am with the team. Other than Miller, who is garbage every night, I thought we were unlucky not to win.

The pre game was pretty bad. They really need to bring back Mark Donelly...
I disagree. I think we deserved what we got. We really didn't generate much in terms of quality scoring chances. Our second shot opportunities were almost non-existent. It felt like we were watching a team of 12 Mason Raymond's out there.

I would happily throw any team in the league other than Ottawa out every night against the Canucks if they continue to play the soft perimeter game the way they have.

Winnipeg was lucky to win, but we weren't unlucky to lose.