GDT: Canucks vs grounded jets, 7 PST (SnetP/TSN) Feb 19

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs grounded jets, 7 PST (SnetP/TSN) Feb 19

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Nothing helps a team gel like sticking up for each other like that. Think back to Minny taking runs at our stars then STL trying the same shit as well as Vegas. This canucks team rises to the occasion when the battle level is elevated...

Canucks will win Sunday guaranteed
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thomas Drance @ThomasDrance
Can’t tell what the lines are from the opening drill, which features an F1 and 2 D pairs in the home end.
Hoglander working in a blue jersey with Pettersson and Boeser on the road side though, while Miller works in the home end with Horvat and Pearson.
12:08 PM · Feb 20, 2021
Thomas Drance @ThomasDrance
20 minutes into practice the Canucks finally run a drill with five-man units. Some changes to the bottom-six with Loui Eriksson drawing out.

Pearson-Horvat-Hoglander
Miller-Pettersson-boeser
MacEwen-Sutter-Gaudette
Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen

Edler-Schmidt
Benn-Hughes
Juolevi-Myers
Chatfield-Hamonic
12:20 PM · Feb 20, 2021
Looks like Travis was / is thinking of changing something up.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Watched Sheifele’s goal again. While I don’t think Miller could have caught him, his lack of effort is disturbing. He looks like he’s almost beside him when he completes the pass to Edler, but he stopped skating. Big mistake. If you’re going to make that pass you better keep your feet moving. Stupid play. So while I’m very doubtful he could have caught him and didn’t have a angle on him, the difference in effort to get back, between Nate Schmidt on the other side and Miller is astonishing. It’s all about optics. And Miller looks like he’s had his nose out of joint all year.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:47 pm Watched Sheifele’s goal again. While I don’t think Miller could have caught him, his lack of effort is disturbing. He looks like he’s almost beside him when he completes the pass to Edler, but he stopped skating. Big mistake. If you’re going to make that pass you better keep your feet moving. Stupid play. So while I’m very doubtful he could have caught him and didn’t have a angle on him, the difference in effort to get back, between Nate Schmidt on the other side and Miller is astonishing. It’s all about optics. And Miller looks like he’s had his nose out of joint all year.
No, he couldn't have caught him but he didn't know that to start with. He has the look of waving the white flag. Sheifele's goal.. Really does look bad. Must to team-mates too. Can only hope it's a minor something ailing him that is not bad enough to keep him out of the line-up. He never gave up on nothin last year.
"evolution"