GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:09 pm Was Benning a genius picking OJ after all?
It's still too early to say, but at this point I'd rather have Keller, Sergachev, or McAvoy.

Just as suggesting that Benning may not be a great GM doesn't imply that Gillis was, Tkachuk turning out to be a poor draft choice wouldn't mean that Julolevi was a good one (at #5 overall -- most people think that any draft choice that turns into an NHL regular is at least an OK pick).
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14828
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micky wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:54 pm https://streamable.com/na61c4

Count the seconds it takes Doyles buddy to get up in his own end with his team under pressure from his turnover...

Lames fans say 4.5 but then he just barely starts moving. Hes a fuckin scrub
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29855
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Strangelove »

That's right Doyle, you're in love with a fuckin scrub! :drink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15801
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Micky »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:41 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:54 pm https://streamable.com/na61c4

Count the seconds it takes Doyles buddy to get up in his own end with his team under pressure from his turnover...

Lames fans say 4.5 but then he just barely starts moving. Hes a fuckin scrub
Nate assisted on his own goal by knocking Mathew to the ice for the count. The goal count.

Nate Schmidt's best game as a Canuck? Got my vote. He's made the adjustment.
"evolution"
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Vin Tanner »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:41 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:54 pm https://streamable.com/na61c4

Count the seconds it takes Doyles buddy to get up in his own end with his team under pressure from his turnover...

Lames fans say 4.5 but then he just barely starts moving. Hes a fuckin scrub
My buddy ... sure, I loathe the Flames more than I do the Leaves. My answers to Berry Picker stand. The players are nowhere close in value.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Cherry Picker »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:06 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:41 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:54 pm https://streamable.com/na61c4

Count the seconds it takes Doyles buddy to get up in his own end with his team under pressure from his turnover...

Lames fans say 4.5 but then he just barely starts moving. Hes a fuckin scrub
My buddy ... sure, I loathe the Flames more than I do the Leaves. My answers to Berry Picker stand. The players are nowhere close in value.
Tkachuk is slower than Miller and Pod on the left wing, so moving forward he’d be a third line winger on the Canucks. Even if he tried to play on the right side he’d be behind Boeser and Hoglander, so again a third line winger. OJ looks to be in the top four replacing Edler soon. So a top four defensemen or a third line winger?
As well, going forward Tkachuk’s qualifying offer is at nine million, and OJ’s is less than two.
So I admit you’re right, they are no where close in value.
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Vin Tanner »

Lol what a horrendous post
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:56 am

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Cherry Picker »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:27 pm Lol what a horrendous post
+1 :mrgreen:
We are all Jim Benning.
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14828
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:22 pm.
So I admit you’re right, they are no where close in value.
:lol:

Yup...3rd liner and declining fast. Soon to be a 7 million dollar 4th liner valued roughly around Looey Eriksson in the shittiest bang for your buck category
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Vin Tanner »

Looks like some folks got into the screech early today.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 14828
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:39 pm Looks like some folks got into the screech early today.
4.5 and 9...KaChunk's magic numbers

Hey I pray the Lames hang onto him and fork out the 9 QO he's soon due for. Itll be the absolute best thing that can happen to the Lames from a canucks standpoint
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29855
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:22 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:06 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:41 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:54 pm https://streamable.com/na61c4

Count the seconds it takes Doyles buddy to get up in his own end with his team under pressure from his turnover...

Lames fans say 4.5 but then he just barely starts moving. Hes a fuckin scrub
My buddy ... sure, I loathe the Flames more than I do the Leaves. My answers to Berry Picker stand. The players are nowhere close in value.
Tkachuk is slower than Miller and Pod on the left wing, so moving forward he’d be a third line winger on the Canucks. Even if he tried to play on the right side he’d be behind Boeser and Hoglander, so again a third line winger. OJ looks to be in the top four replacing Edler soon. So a top four defensemen or a third line winger?
As well, going forward Tkachuk’s qualifying offer is at nine million, and OJ’s is less than two.
So I admit you’re right, they are no where close in value.
Good point, no team wants to take on Tkachuk right now given his production over the last calendar year

... and the fact they'll have to qualify him at $9M in 16 months time (or let him walk as a UFA).

Not to mention the fact that he's the least respected player in the NHL in player polls.

One could rightly say he's a cowardly cunt...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Vin Tanner »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:13 pm

Not to mention the fact that he's the least respected player in the NHL in player polls.

Any link to these polls?
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 29855
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:17 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:13 pm

Not to mention the fact that he's the least respected player in the NHL in player polls.

Any link to these polls?
Really? Is it that hard to believe that NHLers have zero respect for Matthew Tkachuk? :eh:

https://theathletic.com/1536630/2020/01 ... -and-more/
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22248
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Vin Tanner »

I don’t have a subscription
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Post Reply