GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Van at Cal Feb 17, 7:00PM, (SNETP/W) 3rd time's the charm?

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The best thing I'm taking from the win last night is that Boeser wrister top corner. His shot is back and that is fucking massive for the team's future
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:35 am Doyle are you starting to warm up to ole Olli?
Like Ted Cruz after a deep freeze.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:31 am The best thing I'm taking from the win last night is that Boeser wrister top corner. His shot is back and that is fucking massive for the team's future
Agree, now let's trade him for a top pairing D man.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:00 am Primetime Snoop
@PRiMETiMESNOOP
·
8h
Just had an intense talk with my Calgary cousin named Stampedepreet.

He gave me some good insight, and apparently a few flames fans are already panicking about the Markstrom contract.

This won't end well

:lol:
reading on calpuke last night the same concerns. They will get 3 very good seasons from him minimum, the question will be how quickly his form drops off of that. His contract is for sure 1 season too long but will it be 2?

On Calpuke they are also very concerned about Tkachuk and some posters, usually semi normal ones, openly suggesting that they should trade him.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don’t understand why Calgary fucked with their top two lines. Monahan, Johnny Hockey, Lindholm worked good together. Tkachuk seemed like he played well with Backlund. Not sure why they split that up either.

As for Marky he isn’t their problem. He’s still a damn good goalie, looked weak on the first goal though. Calgary is the one team in this conference slower than the Canucks. I’m curious if they miss the playoffs if Treliving gets the hook.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

theman wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:00 am Primetime Snoop
@PRiMETiMESNOOP
·
8h
Just had an intense talk with my Calgary cousin named Stampedepreet.

He gave me some good insight, and apparently a few flames fans are already panicking about the Markstrom contract.

This won't end well

reading on calpuke last night the same concerns. They will get 3 very good seasons from him minimum, the question will be how quickly his form drops off of that. His contract is for sure 1 season too long but will it be 2?

On Calpuke they are also very concerned about Tkachuk and some posters, usually semi normal ones, openly suggesting that they should trade him.
Just had to go skipping in there for my morning schadenfreude..did not disappoint.

Highly recommend, will return, 5 stars
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:06 am I don’t understand why Calgary fucked with their top two lines. Monahan, Johnny Hockey, Lindholm worked good together. Tkachuk seemed like he played well with Backlund. Not sure why they split that up either.

As for Marky he isn’t their problem. He’s still a damn good goalie, looked weak on the first goal though. Calgary is the one team in this conference slower than the Canucks. I’m curious if they miss the playoffs if Treliving gets the hook.
Me too. Their, the franchise's, fall from grace has been truly bizarre. 2 years ago they looked like world beaters and the top up and coming club but not now. For the last few seasons they have never looked the sum of their parts. I do think Tkachuk's act has not gone over well in the dressing room and there are rumours of other problem guys in their too. Sounds like the leaders in their room are not strong enough to keep these guys in line. I do think if they miss the playoffs both Ward and Trevling are gone.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:06 am I don’t understand why Calgary fucked with their top two lines. Monahan, Johnny Hockey, Lindholm worked good together. Tkachuk seemed like he played well with Backlund. Not sure why they split that up either.

They're all squaking about a coaching/gm change, blowing up the team, bad chemistry.... :P
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Flames are actually older than the Canucks now. Their overall is 26.77, The Canucks is 26.40. Canucks have some older vets coming off the books soon. So, Image
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:23 am 19 minutes last night and looked full value for the ice time. The Lames seemed to want to take runs at him all night so whatever he's doing is getting under their skin
Targeting the rookie is pretty much the standard play of NHL teams (except for the woefully soft and turn-the-other-cheek Canucks ;) )

I was happy to see that Olli is taking no shit. Immediately after he was slew-footed by Tkachuk, we went back and dropped him with a nice clean bodycheck.

Great to see that the kid doesn't play scared, can dish it back and is defensively competent. If he can lay some Edler/Ohlund like hits or develop a semi mean streak... look out.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Lames fans counted 4.5 seconds for kachunk to get his lazy ass up after Schmidt corked him and went in to score the 4-1 goal

They want him traded

Love. It.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

MT Straight up for Eriksson. We'll throw in Virtanen for a second rounder.
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Is Tkachuk at the same age as his dad got fat yet? Genetics suck.
Tkachuk on a downward slide now as Juolevi just begins to take off?
How many months until OJ passes Tkachuk in value?
Was Benning a genius picking OJ after all?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:09 pm
About 17 some odd hours ago...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:09 pm Is Tkachuk at the same age as his dad got fat yet? Genetics suck.

Was Benning a genius picking OJ after all?
His dad was in his mid 30’s. He’s 23. And the old man was heavy drinker. Unsure of the kid.

How many months? Probably 90 - 120 if ever....... maybe. He has a long way to go.

No he is not because there is a wide gap in talent between the two.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”