GDT: Phlegms vs Baby Belugas - 13 Feb 2021 @ 19:00 PST on SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Phlegms vs Baby Belugas - 13 Feb 2021 @ 19:00 PST on SNP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:57 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:53 am I agree he has improved. I’d just like to see the skating improve too.
He had some serious groin issues if i remember correctly. It'll come....hes what 6 months older than Pettersson? I bet he still smells like his mommas bootie
Yeah apparently he shouldn’t have been allowed to be chosen in the 2016 draft, even though he was born several months before the cutoff in mid September. His real draft class is allegedly 2017 just because. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Listen here Lahey.... posting angry is hard on your ventricles dontcha know
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Juolevi's skating looked good again last night. He spent some time in the offensive zone, (surprise), and looked good doing it. Glad to see him making choices in stead of just trying to do what he's told.
He's catching up fast now in his development towards top four. The hint of a mean streak is a Godsend. Just keep encouraging him. It's looking promising.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Some wrote the book to soon on Olli, Mickey and never made the appropriate adjustments because he’s as stubborn as a mule.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

He's no Jalen Chatfield

Thank fucking christ
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No book was written. Facts, the fact he stunk for two years after his draft were presented but some folks are too thick to comprehend facts. They make shit up like he is among the very youngest in his draft class and blah blah blah.

He’s made decent strides. He’s got a shit load of improving to do to measure up to his draft mates.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:38 am No book was written. Facts, the fact he stunk for two years after his draft were presented but some folks are too thick to comprehend facts. They make shit up like he is among the very youngest in his draft class and blah blah blah.

He’s made decent strides. He’s got a shit load of improving to do to measure up to his draft mates.
You wrote more books on Juolevi than Stephen King did on Horror. But your books are far scarier than Kings
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:38 am. They make shit up like he is among the very youngest in his draft class and blah blah blah.
All i said was hes still young and used Petterssons age as a comparison...nothing about his draft class. That must've been someone else
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:05 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:38 am. They make shit up like he is among the very youngest in his draft class and blah blah blah.
All i said was hes still young and used Petterssons age as a comparison...nothing about his draft class. That must've been someone else
Yes surprisingly enough it was the Chef. He said Juolevi shouldn’t have been taken in the 2016 draft because of his age.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:20 am
Yes surprisingly enough it was the Chef. He said Juolevi shouldn’t have been taken in the 2016 draft because of his age.
He was immature for his class, physically and mentally. Just look at how small he was when we drafted compared to now. Suffered major development time set backs in two injuries that required surgery. You were very impatient with his development due to your displaced aggression created with Tkachuk’s instant NHL success off the hop. You are definitely more Tuco than Blondie
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:33 am. You are definitely more Tuco than Blondie
:lol:

Definitely ...even has the same dinner plate sized cul-de-sac:

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:33 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:20 am
He was immature for his class, physically and mentally. Just look at how small he was when we drafted compared to now. Suffered major development time set backs in two injuries that required surgery. You were very impatient with his development due to your displaced aggression created with Tkachuk’s instant NHL success off the hop. You are definitely more Tuco than Blondie

You said due to his age... he should have been bumped to the 2017 class. Yet PLD, Keller, Sergacheg, Chychrun are all born around the same time not to mention Fabbro or Yost among others. Laine is a couple weeks older than Olaf.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Olli and Mathew, ex London team mates, drafted 5 and 6 going at each other with the larger man in blue getting the last say. :evil: Take that! you pricey little squirt! Round 2 Monday should be good. Too bad no fans, :( cause it would be Ollie, Ollie, Ollie, Ollay-Ollay-Ollay. Ollie.

Fuck, yah!

,,,,..,,Help me! Help me! Help me!!!!
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Just finished watching it. That's what I was expecting from Game 1 and what a contrast it is to what we've been witnessing to date for the most part. Pettersson's looking much better and Boeser is quite a bit better all around than last season, night and day actually, but the drop off in play from Miller and especially Horvat is very concerning as you just can't have two of your top four forwards taking a step back when you can't count on receiving offense from lines three and four. They need more out of those two and the bottom six to realistically get on a roll.

Defense looked good, especially Schmidt. Very encouraged by Juolevi's play, long ways to go yet but he's showing signs of second pairing potential. Benn and Myers were exceptional on he PK. I'm really happy for Benn, he's looked good most of what I've seen and standing in against Simmonds he was over his head and he surely knew that but stepped up anyway and it shows what a great teammate he is. Amazing what a difference it is once he's switched back and getting extensive time playing his offside where he was an asset for his teams before arriving here last year.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:22 am Olli and Mathew, ex London team mates, drafted 5 and 6 going at each other with the larger man in blue getting the last say. :evil: Take that! you pricey little squirt! Round 2 Monday should be good. Too bad no fans, :( cause it would be Ollie, Ollie, Ollie, Ollay-Ollay-Ollay. Ollie.

Fuck, yah!

,,,,..,,Help me! Help me! Help me!!!!
Yeah.... ok Gomes