GDT: Phlegms vs Baby Belugas - 13 Feb 2021 @ 19:00 PST on SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Phlegms vs Baby Belugas - 13 Feb 2021 @ 19:00 PST on SNP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:04 pm
Yeah.... ok Gomes Mick
Don't be sore.. You done got swooped up in the hoopla . The impartial Doyle reverted back to the "Days of Blobee's Bull".

Has this franchise ever had a helmsman that didn't have eye bags? Even young Nonis had them. It's the strong chin that wins out.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

theman wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:07 pm Did the PA guy just ask an empty stadium to ‘please raise if you can.’?
Please raise? What? Are they playing poker? :eh:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Facts, juju was injured most of his first two years after being drafted.

To form any opinion from his play during that time is foolhardy speculation. Especially if that opinion is largely based on game stats.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:19 pm Facts, juju was injured most of his first two years after being drafted.

To form any opinion from his play during that time is foolhardy speculation. Especially if that opinion is largely based on game stats.
He played two healthy years - one in London and one in Finland after he was drafted. It’s the last two seasons before this one where he has been injured.

Those are the facts......
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:01 pm Why doesnt the uber-wimp Green get his team to bump/trash talk/run Markstrom? Hes been the difference yet all I see are good buddies talking and smiling while he sticks it up their arses...fuck him. Fall on those wonky knees...get the turtle and lucic the cro-mag running around chasing. Play Big Mac regular rotation.

I saw Johnny smurfy offload a pass last game and admire it while Myers was barreling in on him only to curl away. Bury that little fucker!

The canucks should've snagged Burkie for Prez and Hacks-all for GM. Too much vaginal juice on this team
You re fucking right end of story.

Wait until he goes alone into the corner, then soup.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:39 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:14 pm JT doesn't click with Petey and Brock
I was thinking, maybe give JT his own line and maybe we can spread out the scoring.
Scoring? What scoring? :eh:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:07 am
CrzyCanuck wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:14 pm JT doesn't click with Petey and Brock
I was thinking, maybe give JT his own line and maybe we can spread out the scoring.
Miller has only been better than a point per game once, and that was last season. Right now he's actually pacing better than his career average.

Horvat is trucking along at his usual points per 82 game pace.

Boeser and Hughes are leading the way, the former slightly above his career average.

Petey is the only one of our top 5 skaters whose season totals are below his norm.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

damonberryman wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:52 pm You re fucking right end of story.

Wait until he goes alone into the corner, then soup.
Damon you need to post more regularly here buds. Your insight is needed
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:56 pm
Miller has only been better than a point per game once, and that was last season. Right now he's actually pacing better than his career average.

Boeser and Hughes are leading the way, the former slightly above his career average.

Petey is the only one of our top 5 skaters whose season totals are below his norm.

Bottom line... they need to defend better and keep the puck out of the fucking net. The scoring will come.

I think the goaltending is reasonable, but the personnel on D and to a lesser extent up front will make reducing the GA a tough task. Need a lot of buy in. Didn’t see it last year as Markstrom and the offence covered a lot of warts until the Vegas series which is the most lopsided seven game series since the 2011 final and likely worse.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:13 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:56 pm

Bottom line... they need to defend better and keep the puck out of the fucking net. The scoring will come.

I think the goaltending is reasonable, but the personnel on D and to a lesser extent up front will make reducing the GA a tough task. Need a lot of buy in. Didn’t see it last year as Markstrom and the offence covered a lot of warts until the Vegas series which is the most lopsided seven game series since the 2011 final and likely worse.
And then Demko covered the warts. However, plenty of analysts during that series were impressed with the way Vancouver limited the grade A, and second shot opportunities of Vegas, and St. Louis the series before. But that was because we had a full team buy-in on defense. We couldn't transition out of that though.

Some help is definitely required on the back end in terms of puck movement and transitions, and it's never more obvious than when we face a team that forechecks as aggressively and relentlessly as Las Vegas.