Feb 11. Canucks vs Lames, Season on the line, 7 PM (SnetP - I think)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Feb 11. Canucks vs Lames, Season on the line, 7 PM (SnetP - I think)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:02 pm
Meds wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:00 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:56 pm I guess we can admit now that the demko or marky debate was a little foolish. Buddy is playing like patrick roy fuck
And even with him we still would have the same record we do now.....well maybe not tonight's. Not that this was on Demko at all, but Markstrom was very good for the Phlegms.
I say Marky stole this one, we could've been up a couple in the first.
They had a half dozen money chances. It couldve easily been 3-0 with anyone other than the swedish roy
If you need air...call it in
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

VAN- 1-1- EVEN:- Brock Boeser (10) Tip-In,- assists: Elias Pettersson (7) -06:31 -2nd ---https://streamable.com/hqr0cd
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucic on Bailey --- https://streamable.com/nnnyc2 ... :evil: bullshit. Drove his head in to the plexiglass.

Hoglander drawing a penalty and NOT giving up on the play --- https://streamable.com/mh3cit

Markstrom save on Gaudette --- https://streamable.com/owuys8 .....Gaudette has to do better than that!

Team-- Shots-- Hits-- Power Play-- Face offs
CGY---- -26 -----21 --------0/3 ---------57.1%
VAN---- -34 -----12------- -0/4 ---------42.9% ....bad on face-offs almost every game.

Green post-game; ..4:55, minutes.

Schmidt and Pettersson post-game..8:48, minutes.

Demko post-game..3:18, minutes.
Last edited by Micky on Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Unfortunately we have to wait for the year of the dog.
Or the fox, maybe the cat.
Fuck, even the chokers didn't lost 6 in a row.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:28 pm
Lucic on Bailey --- https://streamable.com/nnnyc2 ... :evil: bullshit. Drove his head in to the plexiglass.
Damn, too bad. Bailey was looking pretty good the past couple game, skates hard and throws his weight around. Hopefully for him, it's not serious. Guess Jake is back in.
Team-- Shots-- Hits-- Power Play-- Face offs
CGY---- -26 -----21 --------0/3 ---------57.1%
VAN---- -34 -----12------- -0/4 ---------42.9% ....bad on face-offs almost every game.
The faceoff stat really surprises, we were one of the best last year. I think BoHo, Miller and Beags were all top 10 players in the dot last year. Sutter has been healthy this year and he was pretty good b4 too. I remember the Vegas coach saying in the playoffs that we were one of the best faceoff teams and pretty much conceded we would beat them at that dept. Does losing Malhotra really hurt us that bad there? Without the faceoff coach, all the sudden our centres forgot how to win draws and instantly have become below average. Marky without his goaltending coach seems to be just fine. WTF is going on?
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:48 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:43 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 pm You only watched the last half of the last period bro...
Any proof to this accusation?
YUP!

Right here:
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:18 pm It’s like a trainwreck. You can’t take your eyes off it.

You built this Elmer!

Take a bow!
Note the time of the post (your first in this GDT) and the obliviousness contained therein.

OMG BUSTED!!!
Lol who gives a shit when I posted or not? It’s got fuck all to do with watching the game. Your obsession with shit like this is pretty fucking creepy. Get a life amigo., :?
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Well, think I am done with GDTs now.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:37 am
Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:48 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:43 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:40 pm You only watched the last half of the last period bro...
Any proof to this accusation?
YUP!

Right here:
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:18 pm It’s like a trainwreck. You can’t take your eyes off it.

You built this Elmer!

Take a bow!
Note the time of the post (your first in this GDT) and the obliviousness contained therein.

OMG BUSTED!!!
Lol who gives a shit when I posted or not? It’s got fuck all to do with watching the game. Your obsession with shit like this is pretty fucking creepy. Get a life amigo., :?
Doyle were you "remote viewing" the game again?
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Do you always post regularly when you are watching the game?

I’m hit or miss. Sometimes if I’m bored or blazed I’ll post and terrorize the Chef or whoever else. Sometimes I don’t post at all, when the game is on. Doc107 trying to pinpoint everyone’s tendencies is a bit disturbing to say the least.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:03 pm Pretty rough loss. They boys played their guts out and really did deserve better.

If I'm going to be honest, it looks like this year will be a rebuilding year. There are too many holes and no easy way to fix it til its over.

You know what...as a lifelong canucks sufferer I'm ok with cooking the kids one more year. They'll be able to offload quite a bit of dead wood and will also be drafting another decent prospect, likely a higher end defenseman. Add in the Pod and next year should be far better for us long sufferers
They played a good game. If one is looking at the "process," this one is one to build off of. Play like that each night and you will win more than you lose and by a decent amount.

The Flames, to their credit, did a nice job clogging things up in the 3rd. They got outplayed for long stretches, got a couple of fortunate ricochets and then a big goal capitalizing on a bad change, and then played an excellent "we-have-the-lead" final 15 minutes.

I really don't think that you can evaluate whether it was correct to let Markstrom go based on how he plays for a dozen games at the start of a contract whose concern was length and a belief that Demko has what it takes to be a number one. Its looking like a decision that makes the Canucks worse for this season, but even those who support the decision assumed it might very well look like that. I give Markstom this, though. His presence calmed the Canucks down....
Hono_rary Canadian
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:52 am Do you always post regularly when you are watching the game?

I’m hit or miss. Sometimes if I’m bored or blazed I’ll post and terrorize the Chef or whoever else. Sometimes I don’t post at all, when the game is on. Doc107 trying to pinpoint everyone’s tendencies is a bit disturbing to say the least.
LOL i hear ya. When they're in the dumpster like this year i spend more time reading the board than when they're actually playing well.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I wonder if we should be concerned with how ordinary Schmidt has looked. Is this just an adjustment period or is this who he is going to be for Van?

The past 2 years that guy was a fuckin allstar scott neidermeyer norris calibre foundational jesus of the desert ...as soon as he donns the stinky whale hes morphed into an extremely average defender.

Whats the deal?
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:58 am I wonder if we should be concerned with how ordinary Schmidt has looked. Is this just an adjustment period or is this who he is going to be for Van?

The past 2 years that guy was a fuckin allstar scott neidermeyer norris calibre foundational jesus of the desert ...as soon as he donns the stinky whale hes morphed into an extremely average defender.

Whats the deal?
It's very noticeable, isn't it?. Either he's having a tough time the Canuck's system or like many, finding the isolated lives they have to lead through

the pandemic protocols is even harder on an effervescent individual like himself. Whatever; he's consistently making poor on ice decisions.

Give him more time I guess.
"evolution"
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:58 am I wonder if we should be concerned with how ordinary Schmidt has looked. Is this just an adjustment period or is this who he is going to be for Van?

Whats the deal?
He will be fine. But he was never in the Scott Niedermayer category before he got here.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

theman wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:32 am Well, think I am done with GDTs now.
We might need you towards the end of the season, if ya know what I mean theman.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:13 pm

Whats the deal?
He will be fine. But he was never in the Scott Niedermayer category before he got here.
What? You mean we didn't steal a Norris-calibre D for a 3rd round pick?