GDT: Canucks vs Leaves>02/08/21>4pm>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Leaves>02/08/21>4pm>SNETP

Post by Cornuck »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:42 pm Much improved 40 minute effort tonight. A building block performance.

We're beginning to turn the corner, you can sense it...
Fyp
2021 - Playoff Bound
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:42 pm Much improved effort tonight. A building block performance.

I BELIEVE!!!

(glances at Horsey)

Silly Leaves are hot at the wrong time of the year as usual.

We're saving ourselves for when the games really matter! :drink:

:look:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:51 pm Yeah the passing the puck around for the perfect look that never comes.

Dumb it down, get some traffic to the net and hammer the fucking puck.

Virtanen is as dumb as stick out there. Hughes is getting abused in his own end. Try him with Schmidt for an extended period. Edler can play with Benn while Myers holds Olaf’s hand.
Folks better be braced for an unpleasant surprise when they see how little Virtanen brings in return. Like, forget about Sam Bennett, no way in hell something that good comes back.

Drake Cagiulla is the sort of player we should expect if this trade does happen.
Last edited by Megaterio Llamas on Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:19 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:15 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:12 pm Lol the Leaves toy with Vancouver for two periods, then pour it on. Lmfao
:scowl:
Yeah, he's laughing at our team. :scowl: A true fan :roll:
Get a rope.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:59 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:51 pm Yeah the passing the puck around for the perfect look that never comes.

Virtanen is as dumb as stick out there. Hughes is getting abused in his own end. Try him with Schmidt for an extended period. Edler can play with Benn while Myers holds Olaf’s hand.
Folks better be braced for an unpleasant surprise when they see how little Virtanen brings in return. Like, forget about Sam Bennett, no way in hell something that good comes back.

Drake Cagiulla is the sort of player we should expect if this trade does happen.
I have faith in the plan! He is just trying to stay healthy so Benning can work his magic. He knows if he gets a slight niggle form fight or delivering a body check his value will go down. He is taking one for the team by playing this soft.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:57 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:42 pm Much improved effort tonight. A building block performance.

I BELIEVE!!!

(glances at Horsey)

Silly Leaves are hot at the wrong time of the year as usual.

We're saving ourselves for when the games really matter! :drink:

:look:
Hey, we're watching NHL games in a pandemic. It's almost a miracle...
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:59 pm Drake Cagiulla
:lol:

Don't! I don't wanna laugh right now...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:01 pm Hey, we're watching NHL games in a pandemic. It's almost a miracle...
I'm not entirely convinced they're NHL games, but you make a good point. :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

theman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:00 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:59 pm

I have faith in the plan! He is just trying to stay healthy so Benning can work his magic. He knows if he gets a slight niggle form fight or delivering a body check his value will go down. He is taking one for the team by playing this soft.
He's also angling for a soft landing in a low pressure/low profile situation where there's no fans, no media pressure and no expectation to win. Warm weather and a Davie Village-like club scene are bonuses...
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

... so, didn’t read since+about page 4

... riot?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:07 pm ... so, didn’t read since+about page 4

... riot?
Not this time MCP. The team played a decent game tonight.

But it's teetering on the brink. I fear I'll have to swing into action in the coming days if things don't improve...
el rey del mambo
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

And by "riot"... youre talking about tearing up a buffet, right?
2021 - Playoff Bound
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:11 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:07 pm ... so, didn’t read since+about page 4

... riot?
Not this time MCP. The team played a decent game tonight.

But it's teetering on the brink. I fear I'll have to swing into action in the coming days if things don't improve...
Our next 4 are against Calgary, those 4 I think will decide our season. anything less than 3 - 1, probably won't do. In fact our next 10 are: 4 against Calgary, 2 against Edmonton and 4 against Winnipeg.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:13 pm And by "riot"... youre talking about tearing up a buffet, right?
I don't need a Canucks losing streak to make that kind of mayhem Corn ;)
el rey del mambo
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Meds wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:46 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:38 pm
Ronning's Ghost wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:32 pm Some may think the better effort from the Canucks in the first two periods represents an improvement, but I suspect the Leaves were doing a modern riff on the 80s Oilers tonight. If that's true, it's actually far, far worse.

Well, the Oilers and Flames will have to play the Leaves and Habs, too, so that may even out. The next four games are actually more important to the Canucks' playoff chances.
It was an improvement in effort, but they couldn’t keep up when the Leaves hit the gas in the 3rd. This team is riddled with holes and has poor coaching and a management/ownership group that is asleep at the wheel. Looks like they may have punted the season already.
Maybe Management and Ownership simply don't give a shit and are happy to burn this season to the ground while Petey and Hughes have subpar performances. Makes bridge contracts cheaper, lands a lottery pick, dumps a contract in the expansion draft, and resets things for next year perhaps?

They can then use Green as their fall guy, and claim that they waited as long as they did because of Covid restrictions making it difficult to make an in-season coaching change. Blah blah blah.
This sounds plausible to me.