GDT: Van vs TOR Feb 6, 4:00PM (CBC/SNET)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Van vs TOR Feb 6, 4:00PM (CBC/SNET)

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:27 am So. Can we now all agree that Chatfield stinks? Back to Juolevi, Greener, you idiot
Exactly. Perfect season to get Juolevi up to NHL speed. The talent and abilities are there. Just need reps.
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:27 am
Miller really needs to get his head out his ass, the team misses him. Is JT really this affected by the players we lost? Players he was upset over the Canucks not resigning. I hate to say it but get over it JT, time to put your big boy pants on, the Bruins don’t seem to be sulking over the loss of Krug and Chara
Would have thought he was way too professional to let player personal changes affect his talent level. Though there must be some repeating theme / problem in the dressing room at the moment. Wonder what it really is?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:33 am Hard to blame Virtanen for last night - just sayin’.
JT has been trash this season. Such a change from last year.
This season looks lost the way things have worked out.
It should be time to experiment with rookies and remove the placeholders, get some assets for the pending UFAs.
Maybe try JT at centre on the second line with a focus on defence.

Petey Horvat Boeser
Motte Miller Hoglander

If Miller can be the 2C, they could move Petey back to the middle after the season and consider trading Horvat for a stud RD like Jones once Podkolzin arrives. It might take an unexpected block buster to turn this ship. The top six are getting cratered right now.
Jones is a UFA in 2022. Highly doubtful he’d re up in a Canadian city.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dangler wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:21 pm Wow! the boards going full diaper mode!!
Mëds wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:26 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:41 pm Dangler is right. Benning and Green have done a wicked job. The players too 8-)
Yeah. It’s easy to start calling guys out for being diaper tossers right now. But one must not forget that there are more than a few of us here who have constantly questioned Green other than for a handful of playoff games last year. Others have been pretty hard on Elmer for his cap management and trading of draft picks.

It’s not a diaper-fest when it’s what has been said all along.
Hmmm...

Mëds wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:34 am they would be foolish to let Benning go without a 2 year extension.

The Eriksson contract is a blemish on his record, as is Sutter’s. Remove those pair of deals and Benning’s first couple of seasons have much better optics as your only looking at some things like blowing a 2nd rounder on Vey.
Mëds wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:08 pm Every GM makes boneheaded signings, especially in free agency. Those signings become even worse when the team isn't competitive because you generally have to pay more to get players to come to a losing franchise. I would much prefer to have a GM like Benning who might be too friendly in contract negotiations but can draft well in every round, over a guy who might not draft well but can develop depth forwards and get players $500K cheaper.
Mëds wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:06 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:47 pm Would you agree that the most important thing for this organization moving forward from the Gillis fiasco post 2011 is Drafting and Developing? With that in mind how well of a job do you think Jimbro Benning has done in that department?
I’d give him a B-minus so far.
Mëds wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:59 am Benning's cap management is miles ahead of Gillis and Gilman's.
...........................................................................................
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:47 am Elmer has done a lot of good things since the calendar moved into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:20 pm Hargraves has thrown bouquets at Elmer many times since 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:23 pm Jim Benning has been pretty darn good since the calendar rolled into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:48 pm I have little problem with most of the management decisions since we rolled into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 pm Since (2017 )the management group pulled their heads out and has pulled off a series of good moves, I have done a 120. Thr team is fun, it’s exciting.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:12 am (Benning) deserves credit for the job he’s done since the calendar rolled over into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 am How many times do I have to say the guy has done a good job the last 2 1/2 years?
............................................................................................

"It’s not a diaper-fest when it’s what has been said all along. " :lol: :lol: :lol:

UMMMM.

Diaper. Fest. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:scowl:
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:57 pm Go Leaves go!
Yeah, I think the time may have finally come to restrict Diaperman Doyle to the Leaves thread with Tuna.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

Roasted diapers!
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:19 pm
dangler wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:21 pm Wow! the boards going full diaper mode!!
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:41 pm Dangler is right. Benning and Green have done a wicked job. The players too 8-)
Yeah. It’s easy to start calling guys out for being diaper tossers right now. But one must not forget that there are more than a few of us here who have constantly questioned Green other than for a handful of playoff games last year. Others have been pretty hard on Elmer for his cap management and trading of draft picks.

Hmmm...

Mëds wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:34 am they would be foolish to let Benning go without a 2 year extension.

The Eriksson contract is a blemish on his record, as is Sutter’s. Remove those pair of deals and Benning’s first couple of seasons have much better optics as your only looking at some things like blowing a 2nd rounder on Vey.
Mëds wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:08 pm Every GM makes boneheaded signings, especially in free agency. Those signings become even worse when the team isn't competitive because you generally have to pay more to get players to come to a losing franchise. I would much prefer to have a GM like Benning who might be too friendly in contract negotiations but can draft well in every round, over a guy who might not draft well but can develop depth forwards and get players $500K cheaper.
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:47 pm Would you agree that the most important thing for this organization moving forward from the Gillis fiasco post 2011 is Drafting and Developing? With that in mind how well of a job do you think Jimbro Benning has done in that department?
Mëds wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:59 am Benning's cap management is miles ahead of Gillis and Gilman's.
...........................................................................................
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:47 am Elmer has done a lot of good things since the calendar moved into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:20 pm Hargraves has thrown bouquets at Elmer many times since 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:23 pm Jim Benning has been pretty darn good since the calendar rolled into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:48 pm I have little problem with most of the management decisions since we rolled into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:10 pm Since (2017 )the management group pulled their heads out and has pulled off a series of good moves, I have done a 120. Thr team is fun, it’s exciting.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:12 am (Benning) deserves credit for the job he’s done since the calendar rolled over into 2017.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 am How many times do I have to say the guy has done a good job the last 2 1/2 years?
............................................................................................

"It’s not a diaper-fest when it’s what has been said all along. " :lol: :lol: :lol:

UMMMM.

Thanks for making my point for me Doc. All along Doyle and others (myself included) have been back and forth on the work Benning has done here. We haven't been wearing the rose coloured goggles and gobbling Aquacock claiming every contract can be moved like you have.

All along we have questioned some of his signings. At other times we've seen the good stuff he's done. I still give Benning a B-minus overall. I can't think of GM who has a draft record like his, and there's no denying what he's done in that department, especially considering what was here when he arrived. There's also definitely something to be said for the way he has handled contract negotiations, re-negotiations, and off-season moves, it hasn't been stellar. Is he to blame for the flat cap? No. But even without Covid's effect on things he had painted himself into a corner with a few of these contracts.

Maybe it's time for you to get back on the allopurinol and colchicine to dump the pain so you can think a bit more clearly and comprehend what is being said.

But kudos on your forum history searching skills.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:52 pm

I posted it now because that's how sure I am that Loui will score a goal tonight!
:shock:

You jinxed him! :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:01 pm Now just to show I'm not the Negative Nelly some have accused me of being, here are 3 big positives for the Canucks:

3) Their uniforms looked way better on TV than the Leaves'

2) Eriksson was credited with 2 shots and 1 hit, and was only a -2, so they're close to getting him going.

1) They play the Senators six more times this season
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :rockin:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:10 pm

Hmmm...

UMMMM.

Thanks for making my point for me Doc. All along Doyle and others (myself included) have been back and forth on the work Benning has done here. We haven't been wearing the rose coloured goggles and gobbling Aquacock claiming every contract can be moved like you have.

All along we have questioned some of his signings. At other times we've seen the good stuff he's done. I still give Benning a B-minus overall. I can't think of GM who has a draft record like his, and there's no denying what he's done in that department, especially considering what was here when he arrived. There's also definitely something to be said for the way he has handled contract negotiations, re-negotiations, and off-season moves, it hasn't been stellar. Is he to blame for the flat cap? No. But even without Covid's effect on things he had painted himself into a corner with a few of these contracts.

Maybe it's time for you to get back on the allopurinol and colchicine to dump the pain so you can think a bit more clearly and comprehend what is being said.

But kudos on your forum history searching skills.
Lmfao

Maybe because his feet are so red and swollen that’s why he resorts to the red text. Lay off the red meat and Fireball old timer.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:26 pm It’s not a diaper-fest when it’s what has been said all along.
*proof that it's not what has been said all along*
Thanks for making my point for me Doc. All along Doyle and myself have been back and forth on the work Benning has done here.
So which is it? :sly:

Lame weaksauce Mëds, why can't you be a man for once and own up to your pants-pooping ways...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:22 am Lmfao

Maybe because his feet are so red and swollen that’s why he resorts to the red text. Lay off the red meat and Fireball old timer.
I've given up trying to make a man out of you.

Face facts bro, you're no man, you're a Leaves fan!

You've sang Jimmy's praises for over 4 years straight

... but now you're back to filling your shorts after 3 weeks of the team struggling. :scowl:

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:57 pm Go Leaves go!
:scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:07 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:26 pm It’s not a diaper-fest when it’s what has been said all along.
*proof that it's not what has been said all along*
Thanks for making my point for me Doc. All along Doyle and myself have been back and forth on the work Benning has done here.
So which is it? :sly:

Lame weaksauce Mëds, why can't you be a man for once and own up to your pants-pooping ways...
Soon as you admit to your closet of socks and constant moving of the goal posts.....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.