GDT: Van vs TOR Feb 4 4:00PM Prrrrecisely! (SNeT)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Van vs TOR Feb 4 4:00PM Prrrrecisely! (SNeT)

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Mëds wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:50 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:36 pm Greener was philosophical after the game.

Quote: “The nhl is a tough league to win in. Give them credit that’s a good team over there”

“I thought it was actually one of the better games we’ve played so far”

“it’s hard to win in this league”

https://twitter.com/TRana87/status/1357 ... 98785?s=20
This is a joke, right Megs?
Yeah sort of Mëds.

They're Greener classics from games past ;)
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Bo Horvat post game;
Bo Horvat: I'm not going to sugarcoat it, we weren't good tonight.
We're frustrated. We want to win. That's what we're here to do. It's not fun losing. For us, to feel sorry for ourselves and just think it's going to come every single night, it's not. We need to work for it.
We have to find it within ourselves to win hockey games and do whatever it takes to win. It was one of those games where we just weren't good enough tonight in all areas of our game.
We have a great group of guys. We have a really tight knit group. Everyone gets along with each other, and we have the same goal. We just have to find a way to do it.
Thatcher Demko post game;
Thatcher Demko on why the team is struggling: I can't really put a finger on it. It's just something that we've gotta work through and figure out as a group. As teammates, we've got to come together.
JT Miller post game;
JT Miller: We're losing puck battles way too often. With that comes more time in your own end, and you're more tired, and you have more breakdowns, and it's harder to be on offense. We just need to work harder, and take a look in the mirror.
We've done a lot of talking. It's time to play, and play better.
We go into every game positive and ready to roll. I think we felt confident after the last game in Montreal. At this moment, I don't imagine it being too high, obviously. We just gave up seven goals. For myself, it kind of brings the worst out of me when you're trailing and you start playing a different game.
I thought I was playing left defense (covering for Hughes), and when (Matthews) went to the right, I just froze because I thought Benner was to my right. It was my fault.
Travis Green post game;
Travis Green: We haven't played well enough in those games. We haven't defended well enough. I'm not going to talk about last year. It's not the same team.
We looked like a very tired team tonight
Travis Green on whether this year's team is good enough to play the current system: I think we are. I think we've shown that we can at times. But we need to play better if we want to win hockey games in this division.
On the leaves; / They're a good team. They're fast. They're skilled. When you're a step off or a step behind, they can make you look like we did tonight.
Brendan Batchelor quotes.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:50 pm Chatfield hit on Kerfoot --- https://streamable.com/1qxuxq
The highlight of the game for me. I can't stand rich, spoiled guys who grew up here and don't give a shit about the hometown team. Tyson Barrie falls into that ilk too. Chatty makes him eat the glass. :P
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Tonight's 3 Star Selection:

The Third Star:
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:29 pm
I think Benning is toast and the Aquas will let the new guy decide on the coach. The bad contracts really fucked up Bennings chances of resigning key character players.

It’s really bizarre as to why he didn’t just resign Tanev. Schmidt is more expensive than Tanev and right now Schmidt sucks and Tanev is very missed.

Markstrom is too good to let walk, probably the best goalie in the NHL right now, you don’t let that walk.

It does look like Benning may have gotten lost in the pursuit of OEL. And by the sounds of what Tanev and Toffoli were saying, there was zero communication with Benning regarding new contracts so it seems to me that Benning made up his mind long ago not to sign those two and that is very telling to me that Benning made some poor directional decisions with the organization in the off season

Like I said he should’ve traded Virtanen and Demko for picks.
The Second Star:
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:16 pm
It’s a shame you are a mod my friend. You once used to actually discuss the team with an open mind, but clearly it’s far more important to troll the fu k out of the place. You are highly entertaining but your hockey takes are among the worst on the board. Eg the Stecher gif. You can’t even acknowledge the guy is a decent #5 d man who can play up the lineup in event of injuries/ poor play. Because Topper said so. The hive mind on this board is damn near as poisonous as hfboards. Anyone wags a finger at Elmer and Doc has his posse heavily armed ready to beat down that threat.

Sad ... this used to be a place for open minded discussion.

And he wonders why the place is dead :?
And the First Star:
Cornuck wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:31 pm
This team is "post-weed". Its on the mushrooms level now.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

I like that RG lol. Corn :D

The silver lining is that it may not be a slow death after all. Hopefully GG is near to completing the required quarantine.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Still hurtin' eh Cliffy? :D

*smacks Cliffy with rolled-up newspaper*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

On the bright side to us playing like shit, at least we gave up the JT Miller 1st rounder already, so I think we have most of our picks this year and we prob can hold off on paying Petey & Huggy the fat superstar contracts. :P

if we're going to stink up the joint, I'm glad we're doing it now. I don't feel as invested this season as last. I'm still glad that the NHL came back last summer in the bubble and we got our playoff run then. The only downside is we would have wasted Petey & Huggy's ELC years if we miss the playoffs this season.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:14 pm On the bright side to us playing like shit, at least we gave up the JT Miller 1st rounder already, so I think we have most of our picks this year and we prob can hold off on paying Petey & Huggy the fat superstar contracts. :P

if we're going to stink up the joint, I'm glad we're doing it now. I don't feel as invested this season as last. I'm still glad that the NHL came back last summer in the bubble and we got our playoff run then. The only downside is we would have wasted Petey & Huggy's ELC years if we miss the playoffs this season.
We have all of our picks for the next 3 drafts, except the 3rd rounder in 2022.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:48 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:47 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:46 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:44 pm Ontario whores are the 2nd worst kind
And the worst kind?
Never been to the Rez, have ya?
Slaying aunties with SKYO would blow your mind
Werd, come hang with Uncle SKYO, these urban rez's got some fine aunties. :wink: 8-) .

---

Green/Baumer/Brown watch.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:32 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:48 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:47 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:46 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:44 pm Ontario whores are the 2nd worst kind
And the worst kind?
Never been to the Rez, have ya?
Slaying aunties with SKYO would blow your mind
Werd, come hang with Uncle SKYO, these urban rez's got some fine aunties. :wink: 8-) .

---

Elmer Green/Baumer/Brown watch.

Ffh
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

theman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:28 pm We have all of our picks for the next 3 drafts, except the 3rd rounder in 2022.
Sweet, sounds good dood. I held off on using the T word in my post as it's still early, but I was tempted. There's still time to turn things around, but it's running out fast.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:33 pm If we sign Markstrom 6x6we not only have him on the books past his expiry date we probably lose Demko. I'd love Tanev back but the term was suspect. The only one I really wanted back was TT and I wanted us to dump Virtanen. But in two years I would be clamouring for TT to be gone.

The drop off was inevitable but I didn't think they would look this bad. I mean they look bad.Not even close to looking not bad. They look like they have tuned out coaching. I have always supported Green but I think he has lost the team.
I didn’t like the term on Tanev or Jacob. But signing Jacob doesn’t mean they lose Demko. After his show in the post season he would have returned a late first or a good prospect.

Maybe they sign Marky to a five year deal at 7 per. He’s got 4 or 5 good years left. He has low miles for a 30 year old.

Tanev will give the Flames two good seasons and probably another solid one. Maybe in his last year he fades. He’s a guy who plays with his head so I think he’ll always be a useful player if he’s healthy. Perhaps he would have signed a three year deal here but rumour is Canucks only offered a two year deal.

Toffoli waited around for days for an offer. Maybe he takes shorter term. The big problem I have is that Benning had a one track mind trying to deal for OEL. He’s even come out and said “we ran out of time”

He apparently hardly communicated with any of the UFA. They’ve all come out and said this. I can see why some of the guys on the team might be a bit pissed.

Like WTF man. You ran out of time. Do your job and multi task. Instead he dyed his hair, shoved his finger in his ass and chugged a Mickey.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:33 pm If we sign Markstrom 6x6 we not only have him on the books past his expiry date we probably lose Demko. I'd love Tanev back but the term was suspect. The only one I really wanted back was TT and I wanted us to dump Virtanen. But in two years I would be clamouring for TT to be gone.

The drop off was inevitable but I didn't think they would look this bad. I mean they look bad. Not even close to looking not bad. They look like they have tuned out coaching. I have always supported Green but I think he has lost the team.
Yeah the short-term effect would be immediate as they are long-time NHL veterans, but LONG-term this was the right move for the franchise. $10.5M AAV for both Marky/Tanev is a lot of dough for a lot of years.

Team doesn't click with Green's system currently, they lost all confidence.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:11 pm Where are the Senators when we need them???
you mean... Spezza...? :mex:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

For my defense, didn't read the gdt, but watched this mess.
Spezza wtf. The whole defensive system, not just defenders, forwards too is falling around like a political discussion by Per.
Even me could had stopped the pussy in the 1st, and getting straight to 50. Pussy goal guarded by a pussy. JT in this case.
. They really need a workers attitude, no schmanzy panzy, put fear in them, even by talk, so they don,t dare to risk a shot.
They're like swiss cheese, put Bärtschi in goal and let Demko play RD, at least he can try to prevent the goals he's catching.
I'm done.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'