GDT: Canucks @ Jets – Jan 30,2021 – 7:00 – SN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Jets – Jan 30,2021 – 7:00 – SN

Post by Mickey107 »

Good pass by Chatfield to Pettersson --- https://streamable.com/awkuly

Hoglander (from the second tier Swedish league), roughing it up against the big Peg boys --- https://streamable.com/rmhsv9 ..amazing

A little of Hoglander intermission chat; --- https://streamable.com/ftqvso

Horvat body deke --- https://streamable.com/13ejs3

Appropriate respect for Demko --- https://streamable.com/5ezu7u
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Very impressive effort, didn't expect that. Looks like they may have something yet in Chatfield, he's earned his spot in the lineup, and playing the right side too. Handy utility player to have around. Good for MacEwen too.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Really though, there are no bad episodes of Cannon. Every episode has merit, with most featuring the majority of:

a brawl, a gunfight, a car chase, a foot chase with the fatman running down a skinny punk, a gourmet meal scene, and fun being made of Bill Conrad's weight in some way. It's a winning formula that remains unmatched in the annals of American television detective action series.
el rey del mambo
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:25 pm
ESQ wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:15 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:32 pm I'm not surprised.
Meg, you got mad when I didn't tell you last time I saw your avatar on tv, so here you go - I've got a channel called kvosdt3, aka MeTV, they are playing Cannon at 3am every night this week. I've got the 2-part pilot set to record, Friday and Saturday :mex:
Right on ESQ. The two-parter is a classic episode. I also have discovered the 3 AM airings on KVOS. I have recorded some twenty or so episodes so far along with a fair number Mannix and a few Peter Gunn, Dragnet, Highway Patrol, The Untouchables etc.

That station is a goldmine :D
Can never forget that Mannix theme. Streets of San Fran was good too. I like it when they play the comedies like WKRP but they need Taxi and The Odd Couple back on. lol
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

What about Manimal? That show was trippin balls hard. Their heads would morph and shit
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:41 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:25 pm
ESQ wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:15 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:32 pm I'm not surprised.
Meg, you got mad when I didn't tell you last time I saw your avatar on tv, so here you go - I've got a channel called kvosdt3, aka MeTV, they are playing Cannon at 3am every night this week. I've got the 2-part pilot set to record, Friday and Saturday :mex:
Right on ESQ. The two-parter is a classic episode. I also have discovered the 3 AM airings on KVOS. I have recorded some twenty or so episodes so far along with a fair number Mannix and a few Peter Gunn, Dragnet, Highway Patrol, The Untouchables etc.

That station is a goldmine :D
Can never forget that Mannix theme. Streets of San Fran was good too. I like it when they play the comedies like WKRP but they need Taxi and The Odd Couple back on. lol
The detective series of the classic era had great theme music alright. The great Argentine composer Lalo Shifrin was the man behind a number of these iconic themes including these thre

el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:48 pm What about Manimal? That show was trippin balls hard. Their heads would morph and shit
Damn man I missed that one. My tv window sort of closed in the late seventies sadly.

Narrated by William Conrad too I see. Damn :o
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

8-)
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Nice game, great to see our guys tightening up defensively, allowing only 1 game each in the last 4. Demko is looking like the Demigod Demko again, rewarding us for believing in him by letting Marky walk.

Wow, Boeser is the league leader in goals, looking like the Brockstar again from his first couple years here. He's playing with that confidence again and we're seeing signs of that killer shot that seemed to be missing for awhile. Interestingly, we're also the team leader in Goals For (39), but we did play the most games out of everyone and the 3 games vs Ottawa probably inflated our output a bit. It's still nice to say though. :P

http://www.nhl.com/stats/teams?reportTy ... ageSize=50

I liked Kelly Hrudy's comparison of Chatfield with a young Bieksa, both RS guys, similar size. Chatty will prob never have the O that Juice had, but he plays with similar grit and Chatty looks like he can become a better defensive shutdown guy. :D
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:06 pm 8-)
Another classic theme from the great Lalo Shifrin.

*This series was worth watching just to track the attempted rehabilitation of the Huggy Bear pimp character as political correctness took hold across the land. :D
Last edited by Megaterio Llamas on Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

We are tied for second place in the Northern division,(with the Habs).. with 40 goal scored, seven clear of next most with 33.
Now two straight vs the Habs Monday and Tuesday.

Boeser leading the league with 8 goals
Hughes leading all defense men with 11 points.

post games;

Boeser / Demko

Hoglander / MacEwen

Green
"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Best game of the season
Everybody looked good
Chatfield Macewan & of course Hoglander......future looks bright if they can bring that effort every night
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:26 pm Was that Hogs I saw in Bo's spot on the 22nd unit?
That’s overkill. I think we should stick with just two units.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Demko is getting there, which is great!
He had me worried the first few games, but the last three he has been solid.
If he can keep this up, letting Markström go was probably the right thing to do.

Höglander is a pleasant surprise! He has always had a lot of guts and attitude and doesn’t mind going into traffic, plus he always does unexpected things, but I thought it was too early for him to make this leap. Apparantly not.

But Micky, he’s not from the Swedish 2nd tier league. He has played two full seasons, plus the beginning of this one in the SHL, but in 114 games he has only amounted to a total of 44 points (21G 23A), and usually ppg production drops like 50% the first season in the NHL. That being said he won the Goal of the Year award twice! :lol:
He has always been a highlight reels kind of guy. 8-)

This is the one from last season:
Last edited by Per on Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:48 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:42 pm Sam Bennett requests a trade. Virtanen for Bennett?
Why not? Both guys make about the same. Neither is living up to expectations.
Not Calgary, if Jake gets traded make it somewhere far away.
Canuck-luck will have Jake lighting it up in Calgary as he finally figures it out.