GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20196
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:47 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:30 am Why would Markstrom accept a contract without trade protection?

The Islanders goaltending is fine. It’s not great but it’s decent.

You aren’t getting Dobson for Demko. :lol:
You’re a beaut McCrotchety - try the other way around - the Isles ain’t getting Demko for Dobson
You’re a complete fucking moron if you think Lou would make that trade.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Rocky Dennis »

rats19 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:01 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:56 pm The keepers

Pettersson
Hughes
Miller
One of the goalies
Boeser
Myers
Tanev
Motte
Gaudette

The rest can all go

Too many lame lazy 2nd efforts from

Sutter
Pearson
Horvat
Beagle
Virtanen
Toffoli
Nah you don’t get rid of Horvat or Virtanen for that matter
It's definitely time to trim the vet fat. They have served their purpose and now there is too much dead weight outweighs any benefit they provide in the room or off the ice. Plus MIller is a vet they picked up that actually can lead by example on the ice as well. I'm not saying get rid of every one of them but it's time to cut bait with at least a couple.
I am hoping with totally unforeseen and unpredictable COVID impact on the cap and thus team's operating plans, that the league will offer one or two non-penalized buyouts per team. That would be a godsend. Useless Loui is candidate 1 with a bullet. Obviously. I wouldn't be able to get rid of him fast enough if I was GM. I didn't see much at all from Sutter after the Wild series and as has been stated by others, his stick is were offence goes to die. He also struggled mightily doing basic things like clearing a zone and finishing checks. He's actually a bit of a disgrace to the last name hockey-wise. Plus he's been a hurt-bag. I have been shown to be really wrong on my hopes and thoughts for him as a player when he was traded for.
Roussel is what he is. Sometimes he brings value other times not. He is however, consistent at taking dumb penalties.

I've not had much use for Jake for a long time. He has the wheels, a decent enough shot but he'll never "get it". He needs to be used as a chip to either clear cap or shore up areas of deficiency.
Horvat? Looks likes too much fentanyl found it's way into Dude's speedball.
User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:16 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:14 pm One thing is for certain - Benning needs to somehow upgrade on Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter, Pearson, Benn, Fattenberg and Roussel.

They stink
Fantenberg... really? You should watch the games half sober once in awhile. Wake the fuck up
Seconded. I was really impressed with Fantenberg, for what he is. I'd keep him around for bottom pairing or 7th without hesitation.
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20196
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Fantenberg makes league minimum and is fine as a 6/7 guy. Then again the same meth addled poster has been trying to run Bo Horvat out of town for the past few years, simply because he hates the GM that drafted him. Chef logic at its finest.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19172
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:31 am but the bigger one for me is speed of decision making and moving the puck. The puck can move faster than anyone can skate.
Exactly! The Knights are a like dog on a bone with their decision making and tenacity around the puck, they always won board battles and loose puck battles, getting the puck and moving it fast, they ain’t the fastest team on earth but they are hard on pucks, fast on pucks and move pucks fast, our guys, with the exception of Pettersson, Miller, Motte were dominated in this department. People need to get off the Chefs back regarding Horvat, I like Horvat but his effort in this department could be at times as lame as Sutter, Beagle, Pearson, Toffoli, Eriksson etc. It’s not a skating thing, the Knights just wanted the puck more than us and were ferocious in that department, that’s the speed we lack as Rocky says. We need to crank it up in that department. Still lots of work to do, most likely Bennings toughest days ahead like make or break type decisions to be made
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19172
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:54 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:16 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:14 pm One thing is for certain - Benning needs to somehow upgrade on Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter, Pearson, Benn, Fattenberg and Roussel.

They stink
Fantenberg... really? You should watch the games half sober once in awhile. Wake the fuck up
Seconded. I was really impressed with Fantenberg, for what he is. I'd keep him around for bottom pairing or 7th without hesitation.
Alright I like Fattenberg, but Benn and Stecher need to go
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19172
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:49 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:47 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:30 am Why would Markstrom accept a contract without trade protection?

The Islanders goaltending is fine. It’s not great but it’s decent.

You aren’t getting Dobson for Demko. :lol:
You’re a beaut McCrotchety - try the other way around - the Isles ain’t getting Demko for Dobson
You’re a complete fucking moron if you think Lou would make that trade.
Dude, Dobson isn’t even playing. He’s got Toews, Pulock, Pelech, Greene, Leddy, Mayfield all playing ahead. Demko was the talk of the NHL the last 3 games give your head a shake
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 314
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:03 am
Rocky Dennis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:54 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:16 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:14 pm One thing is for certain - Benning needs to somehow upgrade on Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter, Pearson, Benn, Fattenberg and Roussel.

They stink
Fantenberg... really? You should watch the games half sober once in awhile. Wake the fuck up
Seconded. I was really impressed with Fantenberg, for what he is. I'd keep him around for bottom pairing or 7th without hesitation.
Alright I like Fattenberg, but Benn and Stecher need to go
No argument here. Guess it all depends on whether any of the D prospects that are knocking at the door are actually ready to step over the threshold because barring a trade, I don't think they have room to do anything else.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19172
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:07 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:03 am
Rocky Dennis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:54 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:16 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:14 pm One thing is for certain - Benning needs to somehow upgrade on Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter, Pearson, Benn, Fattenberg and Roussel.

They stink
Fantenberg... really? You should watch the games half sober once in awhile. Wake the fuck up
Seconded. I was really impressed with Fantenberg, for what he is. I'd keep him around for bottom pairing or 7th without hesitation.
Alright I like Fattenberg, but Benn and Stecher need to go
No argument here. Guess it all depends on whether any of the D prospects that are knocking at the door are actually ready to step over the threshold because barring a trade, I don't think they have room to do anything else.
They actually have some decent prospects in the system that they will eventually have to throw in because they are cheaper, entry level type contracts, and we will be fighting the cap hard when Hughes and Petey get there hauls. Rafferty, Juolevi, Rathbone, Tryamkin, Woo may benefit from this but Benning obviously has to keep adding to this

Personally I think our bottom 6 forward group is a bigger problem right now. I’m keeping Virtanen, Motte, Gaudette and maybe Leivo but Sutter, Beagle and Eriksson need to go. Roussel works hard but he is dumber than an OX and has stone hands. It’s not a good thing that Pearson is in the top 6. He is too slow, he needs to go. Disappointed in Toffol but not sure it’s the high ankle sprain but signing Tanev and Marky get priority over him

I was impressed with Boeser’s compete, skating and effort but he needs to work on being quicker with the puck, mainly his decision making with the puck needs to speed up, his shots are too telegraphed but Boeser is definitely a keeper along with Petey, Miller Horvat. They are our core forward group
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20196
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:07 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:03 am
Rocky Dennis wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:54 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:16 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:14 pm One thing is for certain - Benning needs to somehow upgrade on Eriksson, Beagle, Sutter, Pearson, Benn, Fattenberg and Roussel.

They stink
Fantenberg... really? You should watch the games half sober once in awhile. Wake the fuck up
Seconded. I was really impressed with Fantenberg, for what he is. I'd keep him around for bottom pairing or 7th without hesitation.
Alright I like Fattenberg, but Benn and Stecher need to go
No argument here. Guess it all depends on whether any of the D prospects that are knocking at the door are actually ready to step over the threshold because barring a trade, I don't think they have room to do anything else.
Stecher is fine if he’s on the bottom pairing making 1.5. Benn looks like he’s lost his wheels. They need two or three guys that project as top 4 guys. That’s a tall order. Myers, Edler and Tanev if he’s re-upped are all on the wrong side of 30. Olaf is developing at a snail’s pace. Rafferty is bald, has one eye and is pushing 30. Woo wasn’t even the best D man on his junior team. The bottom six got absolutely murdered by Vegas and to a lesser extent Horvat playing with the two leadfoots did as well.

I’d be looking at NYI or Carolina for young D men.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19172
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hague isn’t playing, bums like Whitecloud are playing ahead of him maybe we can trade a 3rd round puck for him?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20196
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:06 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:49 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:47 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:30 am Why would Markstrom accept a contract without trade protection?

The Islanders goaltending is fine. It’s not great but it’s decent.

You aren’t getting Dobson for Demko. :lol:
You’re a beaut McCrotchety - try the other way around - the Isles ain’t getting Demko for Dobson
You’re a complete fucking moron if you think Lou would make that trade.
Dude, Dobson isn’t even playing. He’s got Toews, Pulock, Pelech, Greene, Leddy, Mayfield all playing ahead. Demko was the talk of the NHL the last 3 games give your head a shake
Sigh.... I guess you aren’t familiar with the Islanders D or their coach. Check out the careers of Hamhuis, Weber, Suter, Ellis, Josi, etc.... at 19/20. Trotz always breaks young D men along ultra slowly. 3 games of stellar goaltending isn’t getting Dobson. Lay off the bumps your brain is getting pickled.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20196
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 am Hague isn’t playing, bums like Whitecloud are playing ahead of him maybe we can trade a 3rd round puck for him?
You really have no idea about player value, do you?
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19172
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You sign Markstrom then trade Demko for a similar good young player on an entry level type contract. Demko’s stock is huge right now. We sign Marky we will lose Demko to Seattle so trading him is a must. We should be able to get a good young player for him. No draft picks please, you don’t waste Demko on a non guaranteed asset.

Colorado May like the idea of Demko. Timmins Demko trade?
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 19172
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:23 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 am Hague isn’t playing, bums like Whitecloud are playing ahead of him maybe we can trade a 3rd round puck for him?
You really have no idea about player value, do you?
A 2nd round pick for Hague then, but that’s pushing it. Like Dobson he struggles to find a spot in the starting lineup. Losing their jobs to journeymen
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK
Post Reply