GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: R2/G7 Sep 4 Vancouver - Vegas 6:00 Snet - Game Seven!

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:40 pm
Zamboni Driver wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:25 pm Benning got rid of the 2011-12 team, except for Horvat, Tanev, Edler.
So... we should've kept Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Hansen, etc..??
I would have liked to keep the Honey Badger a couple years longer, instead of... Loui Eriksson?
Nuckertuzzi wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:40 pm
Zamboni Driver wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:25 pm He's had about 6 years to rebuild, so what the heck is going on?

Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Miller, Demko is what's going on.

The overpaid bottom six is regrettable for sure and absolutely reason for criticism,
Yes I guess we're going to be dazzled by Loui for two more seasons. And an NTC...

Ferland with a NMC? What's up with that?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post game Travis Green / Bo Horvat and Thatcher Demko / Chris Tanev and Brandon Sutter.--couple of secs pause between segments.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/post- ... /c-5412689

"Obviously disappointing. That's a good hockey team and they beat us, deserved to win. Our goalie gave us a chance to win. Not much else to say. It hurts, and we've got a bunch of guys upset right now. When you come into a situation like this with 10 guys that haven't been in the playoffs there are some questions. I believed in our group and their want to win. Since the Minnesota series our confidence grew, to a point where we came back from 3-1 in this series.0-0, 6 minutes left in the series... we were close They did a really good job killing against us. Obviously we would have liked to have a PP goal. I don't think many people thought we'd be a goal away from going to the semi-finals. What our team has gone through... it'll help our group. It'll help next year, it'll help in 5 years. Gotta fall and get up, fall and get up, and learn how hard it is. It's hard to really think about that right now. Running pretty hot for a couple months. All you worry about is winning. When you lose it, nothing worse than losing. Thinking about the positives is hard right now, to be honest." - Green
-----------------------
"Almost to a man you can say how proud you are of this group. Any time you see a young player have success you're proud of them. Obviously you want to see them succeed, I've been with him for a while and I'm happy for Demko to raise his game to this level." - Green on Demko
----------------------
"They're a big, strong, fast team. I know we left it all out there. It's easy to say you're tired but we're not going to use than as an excuse - we had a chance to win the hockey game." - Green on fatigue
"Obviously sucks. Team battled hard for a long time, all year. Got some great goaltending... sucks to lose in a Game 7." - Tanev
"I think there's a lot to be proud of. The guys that were experiencing this for the first time, they showed a lot. To get a taste of being in the playoffs again, to see the energy the young guys brought to our team, it was awesome. Proud of the way we played." - Sutter
"I felt great the whole game. No fatigue. Wanted to keep doing my job. I had a lot in the tank. Felt fine." - Demko
"It's been a heck of a year. I couldn't be prouder of our guys the way they handled themselves on and off the ice. We took them to 7 games... Shouldn't hang our heads, should learn from it. We already said in the room we can't wait to get back next year." - Horvat
Green makes a reference to how this will help them now and five years from now. Will Trav have the job that long? :lol:
"evolution"
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Zamboni Driver wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:11 pm I would have liked to keep the Honey Badger a couple years longer, instead of... Loui Eriksson?

Honey Badger's career was already going downhill before we let him go. He would've made zero impact in the line up had we kept him, much like he had zero impact for the Sharks when they quickly found that out and had to find a way to phase him out immediately after the trade.

No excuses for Loui though, but that blunder does not cancel out rebuilding one of the nicest looking young cores in this league. You're more than nitpicking if Loui and the bad contracts is all you can focus on.

For 40+ years I've been begging, pleading for just one regime to build a team properly and that's systematically through the draft. Only to see management group after management group continually blow it with horse shit drafting that amounted to precious little other than when the Sedins and Kesler were drafted not that far apart or Bure & Linden. But those successes were way too few and far between. This past 5 years is exactly what I've been waiting for. While it hasn't been perfect, collecting a core with 4-6 key pieces all at the same age group has never really happened here before. It appears to be happening now, finally, so I could give a shit about a $6 blunder that should go away when this core matures.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:18 pm Reaves is the son of a guy who wasn’t good enough to play in the real football league. He played in the Canadian Beer League because he was too shitty. He would get laughed off most NFL teams.
When you say real football league, do you mean the Premier League or MLS?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Raging Fury wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:38 pm
Cornuck wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:36 pm
Raging Fury wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:34 pm We gave the vegans all they can handle. They boys can hold their heads up high.

It was a shame that Demko's performance was wasted. It would have been the stuff of legends if somehow the boys pulled though today.
STILL is the stuff of legends - it may not live on like "King Richard" or "Captain Kirk"- but that was a GREAT FUCKING PERFORMANCE.
Motion to enshrine Demko's nickname as Demigod?
I second that.

And I hope we can keep Marky Mark and the Demigod as a tandem for at least one more season.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:06 pmHe stinks
Right. Cause leading the league in playoff goals means nothing, amirite? :roll:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm pissed off we're out. No way in hell did I liked the game plan to lie back. defend and think the chances would come. Sure looked liked that.
Really thought we were destined to go farther. Oh Well. Shoulda, coulda, w/e. , Knights were/ are not a better team.
Looking forward to the rest of the playoffs, as long as the golden knunts don't win, I couldn't care less who does. :look:
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 pm As much as Demko was playing like a demigod for the past 3 games

I don't think you guys should dismiss what Marky has done in the past 2 years.

He's definitely a top 5 goalie in the league at least in the past 2 years
Agreed. Marx had a great season, made the allstar game and carried us past the Wild and the Blues.
I don’t think anyone thought we’d get that far.

Then the Demigod stepped up against Vegas when needed. Three amazing games by him.
But is he ready to do that for a full season?

I hope we can keep both for a while. Could be one of the best tandems in the league.
Stick with Marky as the starter next season, but give Demko at least 30 games.
Then go with whoever is hot for the playoffs and then reevaluate for the following season.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Per wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:17 am Then the Demigod stepped up against Vegas when needed. Three amazing games by him.

As we know with Marky it takes a long time for goalies to develop. Seems like we've been developing Demko for eternity, yet he's only just beginning at the tender age of 24. It's a damn shame we couldn't keep this thing going just so he can continue to build his confidence to ready himself for a bigger role. If 3 games is enough to tell us he's ready then what better 3 games can you ask for, but it is still only 3 games and that's a little too scary to base important decisions with your goaltending on.

I think the only thing those 3 games changes is the threshold for Marky's contract demands, but I agree we're not at the point where we can hand over the car keys to Demko just yet.

Thank god this happened though just to eliminate any thought of trading Demko in the offseason as some have suggested. Can you imagine if we did that and he turns into the next great tender for some other team? Nope, can't have him he's ours.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:07 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:53 pm
Cookie La Rue wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:44 pm My gameplan still active, play sharp back, until they're dropping off the hills stampede style.
Whaaaa-a-a-at? Fuck is it me or is this hard to grasp?
See, the stampede will always drop off the hills eventually if you play sharp on the back end...
:wow:
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:52 pm
For 40+ years I've been begging, pleading for just one regime to build a team properly and that's systematically through the draft. Only to see management group after management group continually blow it with horse shit drafting that amounted to precious little other than when the Sedins and Kesler were drafted not that far apart or Bure & Linden. But those successes were way too few and far between. This past 5 years is exactly what I've been waiting for. While it hasn't been perfect, collecting a core with 4-6 key pieces all at the same age group has never really happened here before. It appears to be happening now, finally, so I could give a shit about a $6 blunder that should go away when this core matures.
Fan-fuckin-tastic post Nuckertuzzi. You popped it right on the button. Well said my good man
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:31 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:18 pm Reaves is the son of a guy who wasn’t good enough to play in the real football league. He played in the Canadian Beer League because he was too shitty. He would get laughed off most NFL teams.
When you say real football league, do you mean the Premier League or MLS?
NFL. Reaves’ father played in the Canadian Beer League for Winnipeg
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:34 pm Damned proud of these kids.

I'm convinced Vegas blood dopes between periods or is straight up juicing. I've never seen a team play that hard and attack that relentlessly and have any gas in the tank to do the same in their own end.
Very possible. The way they were on us all over the ice was unreal
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:06 pm F uk. Drukn as fuc
:lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:59 am
Per wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:17 am Then the Demigod stepped up against Vegas when needed. Three amazing games by him.

As we know with Marky it takes a long time for goalies to develop. Seems like we've been developing Demko for eternity, yet he's only just beginning at the tender age of 24. It's a damn shame we couldn't keep this thing going just so he can continue to build his confidence to ready himself for a bigger role. If 3 games is enough to tell us he's ready then what better 3 games can you ask for, but it is still only 3 games and that's a little too scary to base important decisions with your goaltending on.

I think the only thing those 3 games changes is the threshold for Marky's contract demands, but I agree we're not at the point where we can hand over the car keys to Demko just yet.

Thank god this happened though just to eliminate any thought of trading Demko in the offseason as some have suggested. Can you imagine if we did that and he turns into the next great tender for some other team? Nope, can't have him he's ours.
I’m not ready to kick Jacob to the curb just yet but listening to the rumour mill it sounds he is going to want well over 6 million per and he will have no shortage of teams willing to give that to him. With the Canucks cap situation in its current mess, I have no idea how they’d be able to pay him.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”