GDT: R2/G6 Sep 3 Vancouver - Vegas 6:45 Snet - Take it to game 7!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: R2/G6 Sep 3 Vancouver - Vegas 6:45 Snet - Take it to game 7!

Post by Mickey107 »

The triumphant return to the dressing room.. Jake looks fine and that there moment at the end with Demko and Markstom is awesome.

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1301740663411679238
"evolution"
Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Post by Raging Fury »

BingoTough wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:52 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:44 pm

VAN--0-1-- EVEN:-- Jake Virtanen (2) Wrap-around, --assists: Tyler Motte (1)-- 02:50-- 1st---https://streamable.com/qs2oux
It's a YA / Ah shit! sort of thing ---https://streamable.com/ur7q2v

VAN-- 0-2-- EVEN: J.T. Miller (6) Snap Shot--, assists: Quinn Hughes (14)-- 01:03-- 3rd-- https://streamable.com/c3e27q

VAN-- 0-3 --EVEN: Quinn Hughes (2) Slap Shot, assists:-- J.T. Miller (12)-- Christopher Tanev (6)-- 08:16-- 3rd --https://streamable.com/1zjw0n

VAN-- 0-4 --EVEN: Bo Horvat (10) Wrist Shot, assists:-- Tanner Pearson (4), --Brandon Sutter (5)-- 15:22-- 3rd--https://streamable.com/fem3bh
On that note, the SportsNet / NHL.com quality of the game replays are crap. THey've intentionally downscaled it from HD to SD. They look terrible, anyone know why they do that?
It's a youtube thing. Likely what happened was they uploaded the SD version first for speed, then upload the HD version later.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:15 am
I'm pumped. I know we can do this!
4-2 Canucks. (Well, if the refs decide to count the empty netter, that is...)

Let's rock'n'roll! :rockin:
Well, I got Vancouver’s goals right, including Horvat’s empty netter...
... but I couldn’t very well predict a shutout for Demko now could I...? :wink:

:drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:10 pm 9

Tanti!!!

..... I said in the last GDT we weren't going to steal 2 games in a row, well, now it looks like we're gonna need to steal 3. I guess this is the only formula against this team, wonder if we'll ever see us outplay them in a 60 min game. Tomorrow would be a nice time to do it but I don't know man, I fear one break going VGK's way will lead to an onslaught. Just hope Demko has something left because he needs to stay in their heads. That combined with nerves and fatigue(?) and maybe, just maybe.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

We were due to get a goal from our bottom 6, great to see it was Shotgun Jake! It was an ugly one, but good hustle there by our forwards and we get a greasy one. Turned out to be all that was needed and the game winner. :D

Man, Petey the screening machine! Who would have guessed our skinniest forward would do such a great job as the net front presence screening the goalie.

Nice to see Demko come in and stand on his head for 2 straight games. He's due to come back down to earth a bit, just hope it's not next game. It'd be nice to not have to play game #7 in back to back days, as it might be taxing on Demko. We saw what happened to Marky. Just hope Demko can get some good sleep tonite. :lol:

On the bright side, when a team comes off a win, it's good to play right away as they can generally sustain it next game and the win record is high. Go Nucks Go! Let's finish this baby!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Green was hinting at Marky being available during the post game
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Red herring.

Right? :look:

(Please TG, don't overthink this)
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:22 pm
Man, Petey the screening machine! Who would have guessed our skinniest forward would do such a great job as the net front presence screening the goalie.
What a waste of a pick! Can’t get on the score sheet when we need it the most.
You don’t want to use a fifth overall pick to acquire a Tomas Holmström type of player, amirite? :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Man.....you watch the post game reactions of Markstrom last night and tonight and it's like yeah.....you just want there to be a way that they can both stay another couple years. He's a great team guy.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post Game with Quinn Hughes and Jake Virtanen / then / JT Miller and Thatcher Demko

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/post- ... /c-5412407
----------------------------
Post Game with Travis Green

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/post- ... /c-5412408
"That’s hockey. It’s the best sport in the world for that reason, there’s a lot of ups and downs. Backs against the wall, our guys are stepping up, but the job isn’t done yet.” - Demko
“Thatcher has been our MVP both nights. He’s standing on his head and you can see the confidence he has. He’s calm and collected and getting the job done. He’s making it easy for us to win games.” - Virtanen on Demko
"Everyone dreams of Game 7, to give ourselves a chance we're proud but we're not satisfied. We're all really excited for tomorrow." - Hughes
"I thought we defended well. Demmer made a lot of saves. I thought our D helped out with rebounds, boxing out. Big win for our group. Thought the game felt different tonight. I think we've done a good job keeping them to the outside. I also thought we skated better tonight and had more pressure. We tend to overpass a bit, I thought earlier in the game we should've shot more - we did that in the third. I have a strong belief and feeling for our group. When we've asked them to respond with efforts, they've always given us one. When you got a group that wants to win badly it's easy to have belief in them and we'll be ready to go tomorrow." - Green
---------------------
"I'm confident in whoever plays tomorrow, whether it's Marky or Demko." - Green on starting goaltender for Game 7
--------------------
"There's been no talk about that in our team. There's been a lot of talk away from the team. It's good for Jake to get a goal and good for the team - it's just about finding a win." - Green on the bottom-six struggles
Hughes sort of hints to feeling better now then earlier in the series, ah hem...
Vietanen says; Just winded, I'm good! as per Doc...
Miller is intense--Very!
Thatcher is totally chill, feels great...
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Per wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:45 pm What a waste of a pick! Can’t get on the score sheet when we need it the most.
You don’t want to use a fifth overall pick to acquire a Tomas Holmström type of player, amirite? :drink:
Petey using that Swedish blood to channel his inner Holmstrom. :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya back to back for game 7 sucks but it won't be just us that is tired. I thought we played a good game tonight. Yes we were badly out shot and yes Demko stood tall. But defensively we listed second chances and kept them to the outside. They are getting frustrated. We have taken their BS and held our own.

Game 7:

Would be nice if our PP came alive.
Would be nice if we could eliminate penalties.
Would be nice if we had our forecheck going.
Would be nice if we could score first again.

All we need is one game where we play our best for 60 minutes. One game where we are the better team.

Everyone wants to talk about how Markstrom and now Demko are stealing games. But yet we are scoring goals. Goalies don't do that. The team has not wasted great goaltending. Thats key. How many years has goaltending let us down when we have had great teams? It is nice that both guys are playing great. But the team in front of them has to score for us to win so let's credit our goal production. Our best players are being our best players.
The only HW the Canucks need
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:22 pm On the bright side, when a team comes off a win, it's good to play right away as they can generally sustain it next game and the win record is high.

Can't help but be brought back to the 94 Finals (yeah I'm old) when we clawed back from a 3-1 deficit then had to wait 2 full days to play Game 7. It was widely believed by both sides that extra day gave the Rangers a chance to reset and it made all the difference in the world. I remember my own feelings very well those days.. I had no doubt if we could play the nest day we'd have a Cup, then the day after that I still felt it, but the following day I felt doubt creeping in and by game day all the good feelings were gone.

This time around I'm not sure what to feel. I think if we had one decisive victory in this series (and don't mean on the scoreboard) I might like our chances. But these playoffs are just so bizarre. We rarely ever see back-to-backs and we never see goalies steal their first 2 playoff games in elimination situations then asked to do it again the next night. 90 shots already and he's gotta play 3 in 4. Imagine a long overtime. Just hope they play Lehner so he'd have a similar workload.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:39 pm Would be nice....

Would be nice if we can move the puck quicker and limit our turnovers.

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:39 pm Everyone wants to talk about how Markstrom and now Demko are stealing games. But yet we are scoring goals. Goalies don't do that. The team has not wasted great goaltending.

I was just thinking remember what so many people were saying before the start of these playoffs how Montreal had no business being in this thing yet had a good chance against Pittsburgh because they have a goalie who can win a series by himself? Well, that happened. It may be happening for us now and maybe we have our C. Price who could be our series decider. And you're right, we have way more to offer than what Montreal does beyond their star goalie.

Our best players being our best players (consistently!) and goaltending not letting us down in the playoffs is something I'm just not used to.
Last edited by Nuckertuzzi on Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

1994: Down 3-1 against the Flamers in the 1st round... Courtnall, Linden, (The Save) Brown -> Bure.

2020: Down 3-1 against the Golden Cucks in the 2nd round... Demko, Demko, Demko (Bo with the EN)

There's precedent. Just sayin'... :mex:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!