GDT R2/G4 [Mëds' See Wot Edition] August 30 - SNET @ 19:30PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT R2/G4 [Mëds' See Wot Edition] August 30 - SNET @ 19:30PST

Post by SKYO »

Canucks are scoring good, were tied for 4th with Dallas in Goals For, but I think they have allowed the most goals against now in the playoffs after Markstrom lets in another 5 goals in a game.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:13 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:13 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:11 pm Vegas is built for the playoffs, it's okay if we're not quite at their level yet...
Agreed

Benning has got some work to do
Rome was not built in a day.
Canucks have a great foundation, within the next 2 years most of the bad contracts are gone and they can fill the holes with better players.

the holes that need to be filled are not something you need to spend a lot of money on.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:11 pm Vegas is built for the playoffs, it's okay if we're not quite at their level yet...
Agreed

The NHL playoffs you still need big strong heavy players who can play, are hard working smart and skilled.

Keepers

Pettersson
Miller
Horvat
Toffoli
Boeser
Virtanen
Motte
MacEwan
Gaudette

Bye bye

Eriksson
Sutter
Beagle
Pearson
Roussel

I’d say MacEwen and Boeser are on the bubble, nothing showed they were big difference makers when the going got tough. They are still developing, but they need to show more, especially Brock if he is commanding the big bucks.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

D needs a lot of work and forward Group needs a lot of work but we are close, the foundation is there.

Podkolzin is going to a huge injection, he’s a strong big bodied energy player who is very skilled, seems built for the players. Tryamkin’s size and skating, wingspan, puck transition skills and grit will be a huge boost in building a playoff team. Hoglander is an energy player with skill and grit. Rathbone is an excellent skater and solidly built at 5’-11” close to 200 lbs, could be a Schmidt type. And there is still Juolevi, Woo, Lind, Lockwood, Rafferty, DiPietro. So the building blocks are there
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:50 pm Zero complaints about Pettersson and Hughes, they can play playoff hockey.
And horvat?
Him too.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN --1-1 --PPG: Elias Pettersson (6) Snap Shot, assists: --J.T. Miller (7),-- Quinn Hughes (11)--11:15--1st--https://streamable.com/xqnl1y

VAN-- 2-2-- EVEN: Bo Horvat (9) Wrist Shot,-- assists: J.T. Miller (8),-- Alexander Edler (7)-- 04:07--2nd---https://streamable.com/07veqm

VAN --2-3 --PPG: Tyler Toffoli (2) Snap Shot,-- assists: Quinn Hughes (12), --J.T. Miller (9) --11:26- 2nd ---https://streamable.com/n1jifw

Team --Shots --Hits --Power Play --Face offs
VGK-----33----- 39---- --1/2---- -----38.7%
VAN ----31 ------47------2/5-------- --61.3%
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reaves doing shit I don't even want to know what at Grren---https://streamable.com/wkbw5x

Glove save on Pettersson -- https://streamable.com/1d04nc

Canucks draw their own penalty --- https://streamable.com/nxo1q7

Vegas being hacks everywhere -- https://streamable.com/1tqd23 weenies...

McNabb hit on Boeser --https://streamable.com/plg54o

Fleury out of the park and Marky makes sure it's seen -- https://streamable.com/iynoxd

Miller with a ting a ling --- https://streamable.com/k0e367
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:20 pm Canucks are scoring good, were tied for 4th with Dallas in Goals For, but I think they have allowed the most goals against now in the playoffs after Markstrom lets in another 5 goals in a game.
The stats indicate that you are right. Marksrom had a ghastly game four.. Normally; they don't play post season games back to back. Still...
"evolution"
Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Post by Raging Fury »

Not much else to say, everyone agrees that this version of the Canucks is incomplete. Work needs to be done to improve next few years, but man, they have given the fan base so much hope for what's to come.

Down to the last life, it's a learning lesson. The growth shown by our big guns is encouraging. I expect them to fight to the end and no matter what we'll be there to support them.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:55 pm canucks don't seem to be have a response to Vegas' neutral zone
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

POST GAME:, presser--Marksrtrom / Miller / Pettersson.../...then Travis Green

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/post- ... /c-5410330

Markstrom not happy. no idea why he agreed to sit in for this. Gives on sarcastic response to one dumb remark.
Miller and Petey are good. Green tries to stay positive.
"There’s no quit in this team, we’ve been working all season for this and we’re not going to back down without a battle. It’s frustrating now, so we just have to focus on next game." - Pettersson
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Very disappointed in the result. Thought we came out a big sluggish... More than one or two guys. Even in the third, we had our looks. Jake has a one-timer right in the slot. They come down and get a bit of a lucky bounce... They found a way to come back and score three. I'm not looking to learn anything about our group, I know we'll come ready to go next game. They're a resilient group and they like to win. We competed hard tonight and I can tell you they'll be ready to go for next game. You don't start worrying about all three games, you just worry about the next game. That's all we'll talk about is winning the next game. They've been in different playoff series over the course of their life, they understand where we're at." - Green
----------------------------------
"I don't think it has anything to do with being in the bubble, if that's what you're leading to. We just have to build off what we did tonight and get back to work in Game 5." - Green on no Game 7's so far in the playoffs
-----------------------------------
"I think originally I thought it was a penalty for sure. You probably see my displeasure. When there's a goal scored you seem to be a little hotter about it. After I watched it again, I thought it could be a penalty but I also see their side." - Green on Reaves' hit on Hughes
-----------------------------------
"His game probably wasn't as sharp as he wants it to be. There isn't as much time to practice, he's skated for about a week now. He probably wants to have that one goal back but he's a good player and it's good to have him back." - Green on Myers
----------------------------------
"Outstanding. Both these young guys, they don't quit. They just keep getting better. Thought that was Quinn's best game of the series. They were a big part of putting us in that spot. I like how they responded." - Green on Pettersson and Hughes
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

griz wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:16 pm Who would have thought they would push Vegas at all. No less, having gotten past the Blues first. I remember Craig Button, months ago, suggested they could make a deep run and surprise everyone.
Absolutely!

Regardless of how this series ends, I'm impressed.

The future looks very bright!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:45 pm Cuthbert has said "Bo Boeser" and "Brett Boeser" tonight...
Brock's long lost triplets? :look:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:13 pm
Agreed

Rome was not built in a day.
Aaron? :|
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:41 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:55 pm canucks don't seem to be have a response to Vegas' neutral zone
big pic
?? Page 3, Per. Your a teacher, right? Not too many apples on your desk I suspect.
"evolution"