GDT G2/R2 Aug 25 Vancouver~Vegas 6:45PM Snet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT G2/R2 Aug 25 Vancouver~Vegas 6:45PM Snet

Post by Raging Fury »

Miller did not factor in on the scoring much, but he did many underappreciated things. Remember his drive to the net that drew the penalty on Patches? Or a big block shot that hobbled him for a bit?

By all rights he is one of the best players on this team and he was willing to do anything to help the team win. Travis did a wonderful job getting everyone to buy in.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mëds wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:38 am Time to flip shit on its head.

7-1 Canucks.

Loui with the own goal EN on a delayed penalty.

Vegas won’t know what hit ‘em.
Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Post by Raging Fury »

Mëds wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:50 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:38 am Time to flip shit on its head.

7-1 Canucks.

Loui with the own goal EN on a delayed penalty.

Vegas won’t know what hit ‘em.
Keep it up good sir.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post game interviews; First segment--Tyler Toffoli and Elias Pettwersson / Second segment --Bo Horvat and Jacob Markstrom.

.....................................https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/post- ... /c-5409392
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

...............................................Post game interview: -- Travis Green

.....................................https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/post- ... /c-5409396
"We had a great response, everybody was blocking shots and doing whatever it takes to win. Our line-up was great tonight, top to bottom. I’m just trying to do my part and I’ve been fortunate to put the puck in the net. We knew we had to be better. We showed we can play with them. Marky stood on his head as well. We knew how it felt when they were winning, laughing and having a good time on the bench. We keep that in the back of our head... It was a lot quieter and we're going to try and keep it that way." - Horvat
"There wasn’t a lot of positive things from Game 1, and we knew we had to play good tonight. And we did, we played good. It’s good to show that we can bounce back from a bad Game 1. Marky was good in net, all four lines played good and we played a full 60 minutes." - Pettersson
"We can be honest with them. We do it all the time. We didn't play very well last game. Had a good meeting last night. Call it motivation, call it whatever you want. We had to play better today, had to have a response. I was confident we'd get a response from our group. We were better with the puck and played a more direct game tonight. That's a good hockey team, we did a better job of making them defend. We needed to win tonight, if you go down two against that team it would have been tough. Our team has been strong on faceoffs all year. You want to start with the puck, if you can be strong in the faceoff circle that's important. We have a lot of guys that take pride in it. Petey's goal was big at the end of the period. Almost equally was Bo's goal. I think with a young group, it's nice to get both those goals. Rather have a two goal lead than a one goal lead. Wasn't our strongest 2nd period. Really liked our 1st and 3rd." - Green
---------------------------------------
"I don't think he had any influence on the game tonight. *laughs* Thought that line had a really strong game. Toff's just so smart, does things with the puck and puts himself in a good spot. Came to play tonight." - Green on Toffoli
---------------------------------------
"He wants to win badly...He's a smart guy, he understands the playoffs are physical. He's embraced it, hasn't backed away since the first game against Minnesota. I'm not surprised by it and expect him to get better." - Green on Pettersson
"evolution"
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:11 pm 11

Maki!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 am

Maki!!!
Only!!!
"evolution"
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Nothing really more to add other than more gush for Petey. Particularly late in the 2nd period when VGK were willing themselves back into the game with immense pressure. The unbelievably heady Petey knew he wasn't going to flip the momentum with a physical shift or by blocking shots or back-checking, but rather with his greatest tool, his skill. It wasn't just the dagger and ultimate GWG that was so impressive, it was combined with the play before that when he rushed the puck with the type of determination that screamed, "I am taking this game over!" You could just feel it coming and so he did moments later. This sequence stands out for me as a signature moment for him, hopefully there's more to come.

...incredibly the following are honourable mentions(??): Marky, Toffoli and the Captain. Bo with 2 huge goals on top of 80% on the dot (WTF??). All first stars on any other night.
Last edited by Nuckertuzzi on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Micky wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:24 am
Nuckertuzzi wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 am

Maki!!!
Only!!!
:!:

...wonder who's next ;)
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Canucks face-off percentage-62% / 40 blocked shots to 15 for Vegas.
https://www.espn.com/nhl/matchup/_/gameId/401239948
Hell of an effort. Heart and soul game. Equal rest, better game. Match ON............
"evolution"
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I wonder how much a love can grow and i've already said "love this team".

What a fucking punch in their laughing faces.
I guess they'll take the Canucks for real now, the next games will be hard, very very hard or even harder. :D
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I want Taffoli back. I want Tanev back, I want Markstrom back.

Any chance we can convince Loui to become allergic to his uniform? He's pretty much already allergic to the puck. TBH, I think Ferland will go on LTIR, Canucks org needs to do an intervention with him and, for his health, convince him go on LTIR.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:44 pm This Drance fellow always asks Travis to reveal his game plan post game.

What a prick.
Drance is a knob. He thinks “little squirt” is a good burn for fuck sakes. Does Vancouver have the market cornered on neckbeard media? Like seriously it’s a nerd festival.

Thomas Drance
JD Burke
Matt Sekeres
Jason Brough
Randip Janda
Scott Rintoul
Blake Price
Andrew Walker
Don Taylor

Reilly Smith is a POS. Someone needs to tune that kid in.

Petey was dialed in obviously. Opportunistic game but the ice sure was tilted in the second period. Would be nice to have Myers back though, to give either Benn or Fantenburg a rest
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Agree, we will need Myers back to solidify our top 4. Hopefully he is ready for game 3.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

theman wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:40 am Agree, we will need Myers back to solidify our top 4. Hopefully he is ready for game 3.
With that bad shoulder he needs to wait til he can finish checks to be effective. He was playing a pretty solid physical game until that hit so him coming back to stick check isnt going to be better than Benn or Stetcher at 100%.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Miller driving to the net-- https://twitter.com/TheStanchion/status ... 5806773249 This is taking the play to them. :rockin:
"evolution"