GDT: Canucks vs Blues>Game 5>7:30pm>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Blues>Game 5>7:30pm>SNETP

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:19 pm VAN--EVEN: Tyler Motte (2) Snap Shot,-- assists: none--18:17- 2nd---https://streamable.com/6ca3uh
Nice goal by Motter and awesome to see him come up with a big game. Watching the highlights there make me laugh. The 2 defenders there looks like absolute pylons (2 Dana Murzyns). Motte blows by them and he wasn't even going very fast. :lol:

Gutsy win for us and we steal this one. Nice to see our D-men step up with Edler out. Fatenberger and Benn looked solid to preserve the lead. I think we need Edler and/or Myers to be back in one of the next 2 games if we're going to win this though.

One play cracked me up when Demko grabbed Perron's stick. Nice to see Demko get himself into the game, even though he's not playing. :lol:
Micky wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:19 pm Motte taking the beating and playing the big man's game --- https://streamable.com/dnbupl What a guy!!!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:03 am

One play cracked me up when Demko grabbed Perron's stick. Nice to see Demko get himself into the game, even though he's not playing. :lol:
Micky wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:19 pm Motte taking the beating and playing the big man's game --- https://streamable.com/dnbupl What a guy!!!
Lol! Yeah, that was hilarious! :lol:

If you look at the clip, Perron has stolen Motte's stick. I assume Demko wanted to go tit for tat... "you take his stick, I take yours!" :wink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

"I got up feeling so down
I got off being sold out
I've kept the movie rolling
But the story's getting old now, oh yeah
I just looked in the mirror
And things aren't looking so good
I'm looking Missouri and feeling Minnesota, oh yeah
So now you know, who gets mystified
So now you know, who gets mystified
Show me the power child
I'd like to say
That I'm down on my knees today
Yeah, it gives me butterflies, gives me away
Till I'm up on my feet again"

What a blast, what a team. Love it.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

What Hughes showed last night was that he can play and defend a lead. That is huge to know that so he doesn't get short shifted late in games anymore. He took a lot of Edler's ice time to finish that game.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cookie La Rue wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:15 am
COOKIE! Welcome back! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:42 am What Hughes showed last night was that he can play and defend a lead. That is huge to know that so he doesn't get short shifted late in games anymore. He took a lot of Edler's ice time to finish that game.
:D

The kid is an incredible addition dontcha think?
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I was thinking last night.... will Hughes win a Norris before Petey wins a Hart?

Also - Eriksson.... why? Doesn't look good out there and the stats back that up.

Beagle - looking slow, but still getting the blocks, hits and about even in the circle. Can't speak for what he's doing or not doing in the dressing room, but I'm going to assumes it's on the positive side of the ledger.

Everyone else is pretty doing ok in their roles - some are exceeding, some are just getting by (Jake).

I think this team is growing their confidence and even Green seems to be making adjustments.

Could be a long summer of hockey. :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:09 pm Benn is frighteningly bad
He really isn’t. He had a decent game last night all things considered. Do the board a favour and have the wife take away the Texas Micky of Violent Sam before you pollute the place.

You’re better than this. :thumbs:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:43 am
Cookie La Rue wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:15 am
COOKIE! Welcome back! :D
Yah good to see you cookster
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:11 am I was thinking last night.... will Hughes win a Norris before Petey wins a Hart?

Also - Eriksson.... why? Doesn't look good out there and the stats back that up.

Beagle - looking slow, but still getting the blocks, hits and about even in the circle. Can't speak for what he's doing or not doing in the dressing room, but I'm going to assumes it's on the positive side of the ledger.

Everyone else is pretty doing ok in their roles - some are exceeding, some are just getting by (Jake).

I think this team is growing their confidence and even Green seems to be making adjustments.

Loui... during the win streak, he did the Little Things™. Games 3 and 4, I was asking myself, "Why?" He was completely useless in all aspects.

Jake... it's the playoffs, it serves no purpose to waste him on the bottom 6. It has nothing to do with deserving, Green needs to maximize a weapon. It's the playoffs, you can't be saving your ammo.

Beagle & Sutter... "veteran-ness"

Yes, I was quite impressed by TG's adjustments in Game 5. Even he was learning.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:42 am What Hughes showed last night was that he can play and defend a lead. That is huge to know that so he doesn't get short shifted late in games anymore. He took a lot of Edler's ice time to finish that game.

And notice HOW he defended the lead. By owning the puck in the offensive zone trying his ass off to score the dagger goal. Time is now to hand the team over to the kids and live and die with them, not the slow, overpaid, ineffective vets.

Btw, noticed you haven't posted a certain number yet (or did I miss it?). Or could it be due to the superstitious connotations of the number, which if that is the case, sure, let's skip this one. ;)
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:34 am
Cornuck wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:11 am I was thinking last night.... will Hughes win a Norris before Petey wins a Hart?

Loui... during the win streak, he did the Little Things™. Games 3 and 4, I was asking myself, "Why?" He was completely useless in all aspects.

Jake... it's the playoffs, it serves no purpose to waste him on the bottom 6. It has nothing to do with deserving, Green needs to maximize a weapon. It's the playoffs, you can't be saving your ammo.

Beagle & Sutter... "veteran-ness"

Yes, I was quite impressed by TG's adjustments in Game 5. Even he was learning.
Louis Eriksson was invisible. No help for Bo. Hasn't this show been seen ever since he arrived? Have a good game then vanish for five.
Just how bad is Gaudette if he can't get the trust of the coach at least enough to deactivate the 6 million dollar man?
Not gonna whine about Trav's adjustment "in game", last night but when LE is off, he doesn't come close to being able to play the gum boot
style needed for the 3rd or 4th line roles, so why bother?
"evolution"
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:34 am Jake... it's the playoffs, it serves no purpose to waste him on the bottom 6. It has nothing to do with deserving, Green needs to maximize a weapon. It's the playoffs, you can't be saving your ammo.

Has less to do with deserving than Jake's readiness, let's not put blame anywhere else than on Jake himself. Had he prepared for this tournament as seriously as the rest of the team and had been ready off the get-go, no doubt he would've been in the lineup from the start. Such a shame because I felt his game was really starting to round out the months leading up to the shut down. He was seeing the ice really well evolving into some playmaking abilities.

Like we see at the start of every year it seems to take 3 to 4 weeks for his conditioning and timing to catch up..we're at that point now so hope there's no more looking back.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: 13
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:11 pm :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: 13
Better late than never :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….