GDT: Canucks versus Blues GM1 7:30pst. SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks versus Blues GM1 7:30pst. SNP

Post by rats19 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:37 pm It can go 15 more times!!!
That would be caaaraaazzzy :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

“I know what he’s going through. It’s not easy...I got emotional as well thinking about it. I gave him a big hug after the game.” - Markstrom on Stecher's goal and celebration
“We’re all on the same page, and I think that’s so important...the chemistry continues to grow.” - Hughes on the PP
"Feel great for him. Anytime someone goes through something like that you feel for them. Probably has had some hard days. To see that happen to him was special for sure and I know his teammates were happy for him." - Green on Stecher
------------------------------------------------
"That's a good team over there. They're heavy, skilled. We were in a good spot going into the 3rd and talked about just playing our game. Being resilient, determined. It was a big win, big period for sure." - Green
-----------------------------------------------
"Thought they were good tonight. I feel they're pretty good most nights. They work at it, watch a lot of video. Millsy been a big part of that this year, getting them together. There's a lot of skill in that group... Big part of the win tonight for sure." - Green on the PP
-----------------------------------------------
"When Bo's on top of his game he does a bit of everything. When he's really going his skating is phenomenal, it's powerful. He feels good up and down the ice. He's feeling confident and strong and you're gonna have good nights." - Green on Horvat
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

POST GAME:-----Elias Pettersspn / Troy Stecher / Bo Horvat
THEN.............Quinn Hughes / Jacob Markstrom
THEN.............Travis Green

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/post- ... /c-5401231

20:40 minutes long
Horvat sounds totally energized, Hughes sounds mature well beyond his years
Markstrom very positive
Travis Green is pleased, doesn't say what but confirms Miller had a problem but then was OK to play, wouldn't elaborate.

please keep in mind these poor guys can only answer what is thrown at them by the press group that's been chosen for this.
Carol Schram's voice sounds like a grade 5 teacher I had, yikes!!!
"evolution"
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:11 pm 15
When you post 0 my life will be complete.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I love this team! :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Raging Fury wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:19 pm Brock I felt was a bit off but he did the little things that helped all over the ice.

Sums up his season. A little off, bobbled the puck in the slot preventing yet another opportunity to put that 2017 release back on display. Yet 2 big assists, one hard work power move to the net and one of the elite playmaking variety. He's just fine, thank you.

I know Jake's behind on conditioning but at least try to make some kind of noise with something, like he did at times against Minny. He may as well not have even put on the gear tonight. I really want to see a thundering hit but just doesn't look like he can get there. Shame, could really use his size and speed in this series. Guaranteed scratch next game had we not won, still possible in favour of Gaudette?

At no other point in the season have I wished to see a healthy Ferland in the lineup more than I do right now in this series. Double shame.

Real nice to be the team that exploits shaky goaltending in the playoffs and not the other way around for a change.
Last edited by Nuckertuzzi on Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

rats19 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:19 pm Did you see the wink by Horvat to Schwartz that was awesome
Shades of Pat Roy? :D

Juice gotta keep wearing those BoHo socks, make Bo the next J.Toews! :P
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

damonberryman wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:57 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:56 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:51 pm I am a pathological liar and a hater of Bo, its hard to like him now
Chef. WTF you talking about? Got no beef with most of your posts but this one.....are you trolling? No offence given.
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Stole home ice advantage for the series.

Green out coached Berube with match ups even without the last change.

Those cross checks to the ribs and hacks to the ankles will benefit the Blues by game 3. Remember that games 3, 4 and 5 are on consecutive nights. Was likely a long night and will be a busy day on the trainers table.

Three power play goals against, may force the Blues to rethink some of the chippy playoff hockey style, but I doubt it.

Canucks running two top lines was a very tough match for the Blues. The creativity of the Pettersson line contrasted with and opened opportunity for the north-south power of the Horvat line.

Hard to imagine Roussel only played 7 minutes.

The baubles whipping boy vets are holding their own and playing steady. Sutter, Beagle, even Loui.

Blues D ice time is far more even across their six with the Canucks leaning heavy on their top four. Not so with forwards as the 3 Blues were in the 6 minute range. Only part of that can be accounted for by late 3rd period shortened benches.

In most instances, Bo takes that play to the crease instead of shooting.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

damonberryman wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:57 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:56 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:51 pm I am a pathological liar and a hater of Bo, its hard to like him now
Chef. WTF you talking about? Got no beef with most of your posts but this one.....are you trolling? No offence given.
:lol: I doctored his post. He gets mad when he gets exposed for constantly lying.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Micky wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:36 pm VAN--EVEN: --Troy Stecher (1) Snap Shot,-- assists: Brock Boeser (2),-- Tanner Pearson (2)-- 05:36--3rd ---https://streamable.com/ev2cyf

VAN--EVEN: Bo Horvat (0) Snap Shot,-- assists: Tanner Pearson (3)-- 08:01--3rd ---https://streamable.com/h7wls5 --doesn't get better!
The Stecher goal was bad on Binnington, thought he definitely should have that one. Noticed that Stech & BoHo went blocker side on him, maybe a weakness in Binnington. Wonder if that was a scouting report or some intel that the Nucks got wind of.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Craig Berube / why the Blues play like they do ---
https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdi ... hp?pid=370.. :shock: Um, one dimensional ?

I think this may be the most "enforcer" career stats I've ever seen.

"I'm surprised St. Louis stuck with the intimidation attempts the entire game. They could have been penalized even more.
If they dumb it down, we'll have fast skating games. I think the Canucks can play that way too, but not through the entire line-up.
Doubt they can either..

The officials will rotate so different four next game. I think it not likely that will change the way this series is called. Canucks played
the game just right last night. A touch of embellishment but not too bad at all. Stay with that.

The quick strikes by our team was a thing of beauty."
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:39 am
Micky wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:36 pm VAN--EVEN: --Troy Stecher (1) Snap Shot,-- assists: Brock Boeser (2),-- Tanner Pearson (2)-- 05:36--3rd ---https://streamable.com/ev2cyf

VAN--EVEN: Bo Horvat (0) Snap Shot,-- assists: Tanner Pearson (3)-- 08:01--3rd ---https://streamable.com/h7wls5 --doesn't get better!
The Stecher goal was bad on Binnington, thought he definitely should have that one. Noticed that Stech & BoHo went blocker side on him, maybe a weakness in Binnington. Wonder if that was a scouting report or some intel that the Nucks got wind of.
Bo went blocker side on both goals. Could be something there.

But he looked just unfocused all game.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:55 am Craig Berube / why the Blues play like they do ---
https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdi ... hp?pid=370.. :shock: Um, one dimensional ?

I think this may be the most "enforcer" career stats I've ever seen.

"I'm surprised St. Louis stuck with the intimidation attempts the entire game. They could have been penalized even more.
If they dumb it down, we'll have fast skating games. I think the Canucks can play that way too, but not through the entire line-up.
Doubt they can either..

The officials will rotate so different four next game. I think it not likely that will change the way this series is called. Canucks played
the game just right last night. A touch of embellishment but not too bad at all. Stay with that.

The quick strikes by our team was a thing of beauty."
A switched on Binnington and that game goes to OT. In which case I like our chances less and less.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:45 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:39 am

Bo went blocker side on both goals. Could be something there.

But he looked just unfocused all game.
Hes an arrogant little shit who deserves to suck. Imagine winning the cup then whining and whinging about not getting enough recognition for the calder
If you need air...call it in