GDT: Canucks versus Wild Gm4 7:45 pst SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks versus Wild Gm4 7:45 pst SNP

Post by nuckster »

Feels so very good to be wrong. I thought the Wild was going to take it. Not sure, but the deep seated satisfaction associated with tonight's win, is as good as.... ..yeah, it's 'that' good!
cc oldtimer
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

the victorious troops return from glorious battle-- https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1291980258258776065

Incidentally, the most popular prediction around the hockey world was Vancouver in four...

Super excitement in the Canuck's dressing room -- https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1291980732244492296

The Moment--- https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/12 ... 9790411777 the canuck's bench and the press box!!!
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:14 pm Quinn Bobby Orr Hughes
If he doesn’t win Calder, maybe he can get Conn Smythe? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:36 pm
2Fingers wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:34 pm
Cornuck wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:32 pm
rats19 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:31 pm Bad goal that one
Yep... no excuse
Green should of pulled him for 2 shifts. He has sucked balls big time
should've :wink:
Yep... no excuse
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hargraves just stumbled home from the Arms.. Twas a great win., :drink:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:57 pm Hargraves just stumbled home from the Arms.. Twas a great win., :drink:
I drank at my neighbours, quick walk home.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Was there a game tonight?

The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Fucking Benning. We have no first round pick this year!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1291980732244492296

This was similar to us and rats tonight.....
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:11 am Fucking Benning. We have no first round pick this year!
No better year then get a cup.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"It's an awesome feeling and I'm happy for all the boys. It just shows how hard we worked all year, we were down, but we made some big time plays by some big time guys." - Tanev
----------------
“It's good to win, it's fun to win. I was shooting for Millsy's stick and he missed it. I don't know if that fooled the goalie or not but it went in.” - Tanev on the OT goal
---------------
“He's impressive. He's going to be the best defenseman in the league -if he's not there next year he'll be there soon. We're happy he's on our team.“ - Tanev on Hughes
----------------
“We talked after the second period. Myers spoke up after the second period and he said this is playoff hockey, we're down a goal and have to battle back in the third.“ - Tanev on getting the win
“A lot went through my mind. Pearson made a heck of a pass. Stalock had my number the whole series so it was nice to see it finally go in.” - Horvat on the tying goal...
-----------------
“Marky doesn't give himself enough credit. He's been a brick wall all season and we wouldn't be where we are right now without him. I couldn't be more proud of our guys. Our young guys stepping up in their first series. From goaltending all the way up we found a way to win.” - Horvat
-----------------
“He's been great for us. He's been there and won before, he stepped up again tonight. He won faceoffs and killed penalties all night, same with Beagle. They were great.“ - Horvat on Sutter’s game
“We're happy to finish this in 4 instead of going to 5 with Minnesota having some momentum. We've got a long ways to go still, we'll enjoy this win but then it's time to go back to work.” - Markstrom
“I think it's nice that he scored. He doesn't get a lot of credit for that part of his game. He's been in Vancouver for some tough times and he's a big part of where we want to go.“ - Green on Tanev’s goal
----------------
“He had a good camp so he was our best option. He played heavier than we thought and made good passes. I'm happy for him, he's been through a lot. His first game ending like this is extra special for him.“ - Green on Juolevi
----------------
“This is a group that learns quickly. Coaching this group is enjoyable, they listen, they buy in as a group - that's what you want from a team. Right before OT we talked about our game and what we do well - that's exactly how we scored.“ - Green
----------------
“He's had such a good season, he didn't have his best night. We laughed about it after the game. I actually told him post-game it's about time the team put him on their back.” - Green on Markstrom
----------------
“I'm happy for him. He's always been a guy that always does what's best for the team. He had a hell of a series. I thought tonight was by far his best game, we shortened the bench when we were down and he played a lot. He had a great all around game.” - Green on Sutter
“I don't think you can put a price on it. he does a lot of things in the d-zone that I can't do. Chris is the heart and soul of the team, it's nice to see him get the goal. He's helped me a lot both on and off the ice.“ - Hughes on Tanev's impact in his development
-----------------
“I think it means everything. I take a lot of pride in that. I think we got a really solid d-core and a lot of guys who can play those minutes. I think I played a bit more because we were trailing.“ - Hughes on what more ice time means to him
StatsCentre@StatsCentre
Tying up Gm4 at 4 late in the 3rd period of tonight's 5-4 win in overtime, Bo Horvat's 1G-2A performance makes him the 1st Canucks
player to record at least 3 points in a series clinching game since Pavel Bure in Gm7 of VAN's 1994 Western Conf. Quarter-Final defeat of the Flames
10:54 PM · Aug 7, 2020
------------------------------------
Giving the Canucks a 5-4 overtime win to cap their QR vs MIN in 4 gms, Chris Tanev ties for the 2nd fastest OT winner in playoff history (0:11). He also ties for the fastest to clinch a series, as the NYI's J.P. Parise also did so in Gm3 of his team's 1975 Prel. Round win vs NYR
11:08 PM · Aug 7, 2020

just over 28 minutes >>>> https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/post- ... /c-5398110
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Thats an interesting stat on Bo. Talk about the captain stepping up and being clutch in a series clinching game. And what can you say Hughes that hasn't already been said. Too bad I missed the game.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Even though it’s nerve racking for a fan, I like the way they won this game.
Being behind, 1-0, 3-1 and 4-3 and each time coming back to tie the score and then win in overtime - this builds

They will remember this in futire games when they fall behind.

Never quit. Never

It’s not over till the fat lady sings.

:rockin:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:11 am Fucking Benning. We have no first round pick this year!
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The pick will end up being 16th 17th overall. Whoever they end up picking there will be no match for JT Miller. Might even never play a game in the NHL, not unheard of when you look at the historical percentages of NHL draft picks panning out. The Miller trade could virtually go down as one of the top 5 trades in Canuck history.

Speaking of trades how good were the:

Motte for Vanek
Pearson for Gudbranson

Trades?

Mustn’t forget about Leivo for Carcone
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau