GDT: Canucks versus Wild Gm3 11:30 pst SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks versus Wild Gm3 11:30 pst SNP

Post by Cornuck »

Lots to like in this game, but the flow was ruined with the huge number of penalties.

Marky with a rare shutout, and that last goal was a beauty.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:37 am Huge game. We need this one.

And Petey must be frustrated as hell he hasn’t scored yet.
Tonight he will. :thumbs:
Told you he would. :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Game five; * if necessary :lol:
"evolution"
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

That was intense. Watched most of it standing up, felt like I was in standing room at the Coliseum. Good times.

Great battle at the line by Boeser and him, Hughes, and Pettersson are playing great playoff hockey right out of the gate.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:16 pm That was intense. Watched most of it standing up, felt like I was in standing room at the Coliseum. Good times.

Great battle at the line by Boeser and him, Hughes, and Pettersson are playing great playoff hockey right out of the gate.
Agreed, at one point when there was a fight in the second period I was yelling punch him punch him, my wife thought I was fighting an intruder and she came down. :lol:

Damn that was a close game.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

They've been calling this one the most intense series and this game was even more so if anything.
el rey del mambo
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Myers is channeling his inner Chris Pronger, pricking out on everyone. Lots of penalties, but you win with that kind of Dman. Once the refs put their whistles away, which we all know will happen soon, he won’t get called for any of those penalties. Keep it up big guy!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:23 pm Myers is channeling his inner Chris Pronger, pricking out on everyone. Lots of penalties, but you win with that kind of Dman. Once the refs put their whistles away, which we all know will happen soon, he won’t get called for any of those penalties. Keep it up big guy!
Agreed. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:23 pm Myers is channeling his inner Chris Pronger, pricking out on everyone. Lots of penalties, but you win with that kind of Dman. Once the refs put their whistles away, which we all know will happen soon, he won’t get called for any of those penalties. Keep it up big guy!
Yeah eventually that starts wearing down the opposition in a series with all those bashes.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Post by Raging Fury »

Playoff intensity is in the air. Oh how nice it is to see our team come this far after years of suffering.

Good to see our boys fight through tight checking to win. This experience will be invaluable for them going forward and for years to come.

Our top guys are making their presence felt. Petey and Brock 1G1A each, Huggy 3A. Marky was good and didn't have to be spectacular for the SO, good sign.

The real heroes today are the PKers. That's you, Motte / Sutter / Beagle / Edler / Tanev / Fantenberg. They did the thankless work and set the top guys up for the win.

Myers.... smh :cry:

Just 1 more!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:16 pm That was intense. Watched most of it standing up, felt like I was in standing room at the Coliseum. Good times.

Doc said the fans are on there feet... lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

6 penalties, next 2 or 3 will eventually cost us, but agreed wholeheartedly you win with that type of nastiness from a Dman. For so many playoffs past I watch other guys do that to us and long to see someone do that in our uni. Mitchell and Bieksa were probably the last but loving the relentless edge Myers is showing, just need to control it a bit and we're good.

"Calder Trident" (love it!), trio in on 2 big goals.
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

One of the best games I've seen him play here. Seeing him punch Kunin in the head and cranking him in the crease was beautiful.

Sutter nailing Fiala was beautiful too. They run Pettersson and that's what they get in return.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:03 pm Boeser bringing it this series. Who wants to trade him now?
For the right deal, I still would. I give full credit to Brockstar for the 2 goals this series. He's at the right place @ the right time in the dirty areas with quick reaction, but those goals are a bit of the garbage variety and not the ones he used to score when he looked like a top sniper in the league, firing a shot from almost anywhere and hitting the top shelf. Move him while his value is high. :P
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:35 pm the French stealth bomber :D
Nice hustle by the Rooster to outrace that D-man (Hunt?). Man, that guy looked like Dana Murzyn. Maybe the Rooster finally woke up after taking a puck on the nogin from Jake's shot. *LOL*
ESQ wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:42 pm Stecher for Fiala, I'll take that trade any day!
Fiala showing signs of frustration? Taking a dumb penalty on Marky, chirping with Stech in the box, shaking his head in there. If we can continue to play him tight and limit his chances and score first, so that the Wild can't set up their trapping game on us, we can finish this on Friday.
Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:12 pm SHUTOUT!!!!
Marky Mark baby! Nice to see Marky get one and looking sharp again. The longer we can keep this going, the longer we can keep Wild second guessing themselves.

One play I had to mention, it was a play that didn't really matter as we were up 2-0, but JT set BoHo up with an open net, but Bo shoots it right into the goalie's glove. :bang: C'mon Bo, u r the captain and u gotta bury those.