GDT: 03/08/20; Blue Jackets vs Canucks>7:00PM>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 03/08/20; Blue Jackets vs Canucks>7:00PM>SNETP

Post by Mickey107 »

EVEN: Elias Pettersson (27) Wrist Shot,- assists: -none- 08:19- 3rd --- https://streamable.com/bbg76#

Some reasons to Keep Jake around -- https://streamable.com/q8wgz#

Duck! --- https://streamable.com/7h72s

Post game--Pettersson, Horvat, Green... - https://www.nhl.com/canucks

It's not over yet but efforts have to be better. Tighten up the movements. Too much back-tracking to set up plays, like the Sedin era
when it was getting old. That's what it reminded me of.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Torts had passion and fire...something lacking in Van
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:28 pm Torts had passion and fire...something lacking in Van
10-4 man.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I just hate seeing Louie out there to start the game. It just sends a “we’re scared of your offence message, so we are going to play defense.” Instead of forcing the issue and saying this is our house, and you best be scared of what we are bringing, to either score with Petey’s line or throw weight around with Gaudette’s line. A checking line that isn’t that physical isn’t the way to start a period.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:08 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:36 pm I can't read this but trusted sources tell me that Loui Eriksson may need to keep playing well beyond this year.

https://www.expressen.se/gt/sport/nhl-s ... ljonsmall/

*okay, the translation tells me our fears are realized here. It's bad news for Loui and Canucks fans :(
You People who spread doom and gloom! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep in mind each Swedish krona is worth 11 cents American (the currency in which Loui is paid).

And keep in mind Loui has made close to $60M USD in the course of his NHL career.

Also, did you catch the part where they re-granted the liquor licence (turning profits again).

Yeahno, Loui Eriksson is one of the richest men in Sweden and he will return there a hero this summer.

Let's start spending his cap-hit right now baby! :rockin:
Exactly. This is the important part.

The group of restaurants Loui bought were churning out a healthy profit until the previous owner was arrested for having had sex with minors and as a consequence lost his licence to serve alcohol.

In Sweden your tax returns are a public document, but only after they have bern duly processed, so there is a time lapse. Expressen has now gotten hold of the results for the year 2017, a year in which the restaurant group was operating without a liquor licence for three quarters of the year! No wonder things were looking grim! I’m pretty sure that after they regained the right to serve wine and beer they’ve been able to bounce right back.

In fact, I think Loui could buy the restaurants at a discount precisely because of the legal troubles the previous owner got himself into. Apart from the liquor license, some people may have stopped going there because the owner was a creep and a pedo. Once the chain has distanced itself from the previous management and gotten the wine bottles back on the tables, there should be no worries.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Micky wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:27 pm
EVEN: Elias Pettersson (27) Wrist Shot,- assists: -none- 08:19- 3rd --- https://streamable.com/bbg76#
That’s an exciting goal though. I am amazed by the way Petey always remains focused on scoring even when tripped and falling... you can see the ref signaling a penalty as the BJ takes away Petey’s feet, but instead of bracing himself for impact, as a normal person would, Petey just keeps playing the puck despite being off balance... impressive.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:46 pm
Gomers such as myself should not be allowed access to the 8-) smilie....
There ya go, Mr. Sheriff Buford T. Justice. Or do you still prefer Ralph Kramden?
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^Oh my God, the gomer is a Blob wannabe! :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:57 pm Here's Green after all:

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1rmxPAEwyyQKN
After the 5 minute mark:

Only problem was “a couple of d-zone coverage issues and took the outside too much”

“Canucks deserved better…

will come back next game with the same fire in their belly to win"

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:12 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:01 pm I think Green and Bauer have lost the room. If I were Benning I’d make a move today. There is no hope of the playoffs the way this is going.
I'd have to agree with you. I actually don't think he ever had it. The talk about new ways to coach, it's a new league, new culture, no more man-up and walk in and rip a guy a new one for not doing his job.....instead coddle them and hand-hold. Nah. That shit works for some rookies who are first coming into the league and you don't want to traumatize them and hinder development, but beyond that it makes for exactly what we see out there.....soft play, lazy efforts, not finishing checks, trying to be too cute rather than just pulling the trigger, pffft.....

I mean, we have a captain who endorsed the firing of Don Cherry because he said something that people decided to misinterpret and get offended by.
I must confess that Mr Horvat has not brought the kind of leadership I had envisioned.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:29 pm This was a terrible showing from the Canucks. They came out flat, they never seemed to even care until the 3rd period when Columbus came out flying on tired legs and woke them up a bit. But too little too late.

Instead we have "a new way" of coaching, where the door is open and everyone talks and tells each other how they're feeling, and the players can let the coach know if he's hurt their feelings.

The entire team from the coaches down in Vancouver should be outright ashamed of their piss poor effort. The fans in Vancouver are no better. Fans who actually care would have booed this team off the ice, and rightfully so. They played like shit, and it wasn't a lack of chances, it wasn't a lack of skill, it was next to zero effort.
And this is the game that might make the team miss the playoffs if the NHL cancels the season till the playoffs, or just call the season entirely and give Boston the Cup by having the most points.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

SKYO wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:44 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:29 pm This was a terrible showing from the Canucks. They came out flat, they never seemed to even care until the 3rd period when Columbus came out flying on tired legs and woke them up a bit. But too little too late.

Instead we have "a new way" of coaching, where the door is open and everyone talks and tells each other how they're feeling, and the players can let the coach know if he's hurt their feelings.

The entire team from the coaches down in Vancouver should be outright ashamed of their piss poor effort. The fans in Vancouver are no better. Fans who actually care would have booed this team off the ice, and rightfully so. They played like shit, and it wasn't a lack of chances, it wasn't a lack of skill, it was next to zero effort.
And this is the game that might make the team miss the playoffs if the NHL cancels the season till the playoffs, or just call the season entirely and give Boston the Cup by having the most points.
Too bad there wasn't any corona virus in 2011. :cry: