GDT: 03/06/20; Avalanche vs Canucks>7:00PM>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 03/06/20; Avalanche vs Canucks>7:00PM>SNETP

Post by SKYO »

I told ya'll guys to take it easy, the Canucks will rebound. :mrgreen:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Carl Yagro wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:40 pm Can I just say how pathetic 2000's Night was?
Ya; They could have used the black with red jerseys vs the Avs.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:44 pm Should Miller be the Captain of the team?
Yeah, I have said b4, if JT was drafted by us and played his whole career here, I'd give him the captaincy over BoHo.
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:31 pm Zach attack.
Nice to see our Kassassian project looking like it's starting to pay off. Big Mac Zack Attack Pack MacEwen is really looking like he's ready to be an everyday NHLer. He totally paid his dues, playing almost 2.5 years in the minors and we slow cooked him there. He looks like he has a very underrated shot, 2 nice ones tonite and I remember Miller set him up a little while back and he totally wired it.

Our 3rd line basically won it for us tonite and the trio of Rooster-Gauds-MacEwen was really good. Nice to see the Rooster finally come up with a big game after being invisible for most of the season. I noticed that the Rooster seems to be skating in quick sand most nites though. His skating reminded me of Burr's last days here where it was obvious Burr lost a step. Hopefully this is not the case with Rooster and maybe he just needed time to come back from that injury to get a jump in his legs again.
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:11 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:09 pm geez Sutter can't handle the puck at all. He can't shoot, he can't pass

is he nursing an injury or?
he doesn't replace Beagle that's for sure
Sometimes when I watch Sutter, he looks like he's taking it easy out there. Almost like he playing tentative and not going all out cuz he protecting himself from that injury. He had a decent year I guess when he was in the lineup, but I'd take Beags over him too. Beags doesn't have the offense as Sutter, but at least Beags is an elite faceoff man, hustles, plays with some grit and lays his body on the line to block shots. I always kind of liked Sutter and I like having lots of depth @ centre ice, but if he's playing conservatively and not giving 100% cuz he scared to get injured again, I'm not sure if that's the type of guy u want in the lineup if u want to win. Basically the same scenario as Bearcheese. If that's the case with Sutts, yeah, just trade him in the offseason.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:06 pm
Micky wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:50 pm I have to admit your a gnat.
"you're"... "giant"
Giant gnat? :eh:

That would be frightful. :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:47 pm Reid Boucher would look good in Eriksson's spot right about now.
But can he take advantage of an empty net the way Loui can? :eh:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

rats19 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:14 pm Erickson is pretty much useless :sly:
Just wait till they pull the goalie...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ericksson adds nothing offensively but don't be so blinded. We are stuck with him for now and he adds defensively and on the PK. As a vet he will be valuable in the playoffs when checking gets tighter and goal scoring goes down. Im not advocating that he be brought back next year but he has a value right now. Better he play some then sit out.

I think we are all in agreement that the needs to be gone next season. And I think he will be. If Benning can dump him in the offseason without having to give anything up or much of anything, then having him play this season is worth it.

We will see Jake back on the Bo line again this year but after their performance last night who doesn't love Rousell, MacKewon, Virtanen.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lol Erikssson plays 1 minute a game short handed. That isn’t a reason to have him on the team.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:56 pm lol Erikssson plays 1 minute a game short handed. That isn’t a reason to have him on the team.
No shit. Toffoli was good on the PK in LA, and MacEwen was supposedly good on the PK in Utica, and both have some skill and potential to score short handed goals. We haven’t seen either on the PK. Give 30 seconds to each of them per game and move out Louie’s contract.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:41 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:56 pm lol Erikssson plays 1 minute a game short handed. That isn’t a reason to have him on the team.
No shit. Toffoli was good on the PK in LA, and MacEwen was supposedly good on the PK in Utica, and both have some skill and potential to score short handed goals. We haven’t seen either on the PK. Give 30 seconds to each of them per game and move out Louie’s contract.
Why move him now? Season is almost done and you can’t have too many bodies for the playoffs. I think we all agree he shouldn’t be back next year but he’s with us now so get over it.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doesn't Pearson have 9 EN Goals? I think Bo has the other 5.

All set up by Big Things Loui, don'tcha know?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!