GDT- Feb 29 Canucks in Torontoilet 4PM CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT- Feb 29 Canucks in Torontoilet 4PM CBC

Post by griz »

Wow. Travis G just said he thought they played a great game on 650.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:55 pm When the panic button pushers start rioting the streets this is when ole Chef gets all Clint Eastwood like and chills the fuck out and relaxes. No sweat on ole chefs brow, just a bumpy little road trip.
Nobody is doing any of these things. Good spin though. Just calling out a coach who can’t seem to compose a lineup or have the team ready.

You are more like Mordecai from High Plains Drifter than like The Man with No Name.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

griz wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:06 pm Wow. Travis G just said he thought they played a great game on 650.
He may as well. The puppets like Kuzma, I Mac, Murph, Shorty etc just sit on his lap and kiss his ass.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

EVEN: -Tyler Motte (4) Snap Shot,-assists: Brandon Sutter (9),-Jay Beagle (6)-05:28-1st --- https://streamable.com/s8m4j#

EVEN:- Tanner Pearson (19) Snap Shot,-assists: Bo Horvat (31),- Alexander Edler (25)- 11:01-1st --- https://streamable.com/xdyox#
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Demko: Oh-oh, is it the hook? Piss of Travis, don't do it, you, %$#*%*$#*) --- https://streamable.com/skhok#

Jake's post :( --- https://streamable.com/l55dk

Meyers; Oh! Sorry, must have hit a rut there --- https://streamable.com/h9qbx
"evolution"
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

rats19 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:34 pm 2 tomorrow and it’s a 500 road trip
True enough.

The Flames lost as well, so there's lots of time to right the ship. Petterson is 'off' - teams are getting under his , skin, so he's got to learn to rise above it, I think he will in time; hope Markstrom gets back in soon!
cc oldtimer
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

“I’ve got to be better too, I’m not playing my best hockey now.” - Pettersson
“It sucks losing, especially this time of year when points are so important. It’s nice to be right back at it tomorrow, so we’ll move on from this one quickly.” - Pearson
Post game--Green / Horvat...

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... /c-5315042
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

nuckster wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:32 pm
True enough.

The Flames lost as well, so there's lots of time to right the ship. Petterson is 'off' - teams are getting under his , skin, so he's got to learn to rise above it, I think he will in time; hope Markstrom gets back in soon!
Well frankly the kid legitimately gets abused out there and the Zebra's look the other way on a regular basis. That's gonna piss anyone off.

Fact is the kid is not very strong on his skates, and he reminds me a lot of young Henrik and Daniel the way he so often ends up on his ass.....but still manages to influence a game in some way. :P

Our problem is not Petey, it's an inconsistent defensive game that gives up way too many prime opportunities, and a head coach who needs to be fired for thinking that a lineup that has Eriksson and Roussel in and MacEwan out, is the best option going. Benn should also be getting a game or two over Stecher recently. Troy could have used a sit down.

We should also be seeing Domingue in Columbus, and if he wins he should get the next one too. Demko hasn't earned the net.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:23 pm
nuckster wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:32 pm
True enough.

Well frankly the kid legitimately gets abused out there and the Zebra's look the other way on a regular basis. That's gonna piss anyone off.

Fact is the kid is not very strong on his skates, and he reminds me a lot of young Henrik and Daniel the way he so often ends up on his ass.....but still manages to influence a game in some way. :P

Our problem is not Petey, it's an inconsistent defensive game that gives up way too many prime opportunities, and a head coach who needs to be fired for thinking that a lineup that has Eriksson and Roussel in and MacEwan out, is the best option going. Benn should also be getting a game or two over Stecher recently. Troy could have used a sit down.

We should also be seeing Domingue in Columbus, and if he wins he should get the next one too. Demko hasn't earned the net.
Settle down Swede Hater
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:35 pm Get a real coach in here if it’s too much for Travis. Gerard Gallant or Peter Laviolette. The kids need a leader behind the bench.
You've finally come around I see. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:55 pm When the panic button pushers start rioting the streets this is when ole Chef gets all Clint Eastwood like and chills the fuck out and relaxes. No sweat on ole chefs brow, just a bumpy little road trip.

Dude is the coolest cat on the internet...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:35 pm Get a real coach in here if it’s too much for Travis. Gerard Gallant or Peter Laviolette. The kids need a leader behind the bench.
Yes that one negative comment I made about him didn’t escape you. :lol: Yet the half dozen positive ones I made since I’m sure couldn’t be found.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:09 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Yes that one negative comment I made about him didn’t escape you. :lol: Yet the half dozen positive ones I made since I’m sure couldn’t be found.
Twas more than just negative my friend. 3 years ago today you said you'd "tune out from the Canucks" if they hired Gallant. :wow:

I wasn't knocking you here, I was congratulating you for learning to see things the Strange way. :cheers:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

We can't put any blame on the coach when we all know it's my fault the team went into this swoon.
What the fuck was I thinking trying to guarantee a win.
Now I've fallen and I can't get up - off the bandwagon that is.
The only hope I have left is the Canucks pulling me back on.
I won't be able to do it by myself. All I see is doom and destruction.
The playoffs are an illusion. They no longer exist.

So, if there is any firing to be done, fire me, don't fire the coach.
I hope you all appreciate this would be a very dramatic self-sacrifice if I actually worked for the team.
I'd be just like (spoilers) Tony Stark in Endgame.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

That's very noble of you CP, but not necessary. Get up, brush off the empty beer cans and pretzel fragments and carry on, Man! My suspicion is they are not done yet.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:29 pm
What the fuck was I thinking trying to guarantee a win.
Burn a barrel of maple leaves in a bin - that should pacify the gods. If they lose again, you might have to move up incrementally to a family member.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."