GDT: 02/27/20:> Canucks vs Senators>4:30PM>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 02/27/20:> Canucks vs Senators>4:30PM>SNETP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:07 pm What is with this team? Constantly getting embarrassed by bottom-feeders.

Miller was basically willing a win by himself tonight, but his teammates couldn't make basic plays to save their lives.

So bloody aggravating!
Listen Carl, I’m on board with taking the C from Bo and giving it Miller, you in?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:03 pmfuck.....
.....the Rangers? :look:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:06 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:04 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:02 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:01 pm If Virtanen had half a brain he’d be a superstar
Lol, yep all his fault, you never change.
Shaddap Wacky Teriyaki
Sober up drunk
I think he’s only sober one day a week
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:04 pm
griz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:02 pm Was the officiating as bad as it sounded like on 650 radio?
They might have missed one or two in the 3rd but there’s no way they should be a factor. Team needs to suck it up and be better.

Miller was irate on the 4-2 goal. And I don’t think it was about the officiating. Probably mad half of his mates mailed it in.
H
They were a factor in the 3rd period Blobby.

I agree that they shouldn't be a factor in a game between a team like Ottawa and Vancouver. However, we found our legs in the 2nd period, and for the last 10 minutes of the frame it was all Vancouver. I couldn't believe it took us until the final moments to score that first goal. We picked up where we left off in the third period. With the exception of that ridiculous bounce off the end wall, we owned that period. Pete was dumped multiple times. Prior to the one where they tried to tell us he was checked stick to stick Hughes was heading in to support on a rush and about to break away from his check making it an odd man chance and he was grabbed and held. Then after the Pete dump at the side of the net Pete was grabbed and hooked and lost his stick because of it. No call. There were plenty more.

We weren't at our best, but the boys deserved a better fate tonight.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:09 pm Listen Carl, I’m on board with taking the C from Bo and giving it Miller, you in?
Throw all the fucking letters into the garbage.

I hope JT talks even more than usual in the dressing room because some of his teammates and all of his coaches need to be blasted.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Are we sick and tired of Antoine Roussel yet?
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:17 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:09 pm Listen Carl, I’m on board with taking the C from Bo and giving it Miller, you in?
Throw all the fucking letters into the garbage.

I hope JT talks even more than usual in the dressing room because some of his teammates and all of his coaches need to be blasted.
Lol at the rinser singling out Bo. Earlier it was Gaudette. I have to wonder how much he consumes before and during the game. :scowl:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:19 pm Are we sick and tired of Antoine Roussel yet?
He has played poorly this year. He had a good year last year but I think he’s earned the benefit of the doubt and I’d like to see how he responds to a summer of being healthy and able to train properly.

Green must really hate McEwen though. He can give them
more than four or five guys that regularly get ice time. Green is a stubborn prick. Why not get the black aces some reps? So maybe they aren’t ice cold when you actually need them.... never seen a coach run a roster like this guy.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:24 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:19 pm Are we sick and tired of Antoine Roussel yet?
He has played poorly this year. He had a good year last year but I think he’s earned the benefit of the doubt and I’d like to see how he responds to a summer of being healthy and able to train properly.

more than four or five guys that regularly get ice time. Green is a stubborn prick. Why not get the black aces some reps? So maybe they aren’t ice cold when you actually need them.... never seen a coach run a roster like this guy.
He finally drove me over the bend with his decision to double shift with Petey and Tofolli late in the game down 3-2 with JT screaming at him to get off from the bench and then skating off to allow the late 4-2 back breaker. Provides ZERO toughness as well. Everyone in the league knows he's not willing to fight anymore and just laughs at his verbal taunting and he avoids physical contact like the plague. Gawd he's awful.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

By the way. What happened to the new guy Cal? Seems like the ban hammer dropped on his tenderfoot ass.

Too bad really. Makes me still the new guy here :D
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:03 pm Weak effort for most of the first two periods. Either their defensive system is broken or some of the players aren’t buying in. Way too big of gaps out there. D positioning was trash but you need your wingers coming back in the zone to help out.

Young team still finding its way but other than the first goal which was on Demko, they hung him out to dry and he made some great saves in the first two periods to keep them in. Sloppy effort all around.
This is where having a Barry Trotz come in would do wonders. A good defense eventually leads to a great offense.

With Green it's more just sustained pressure to attack with a heavy forecheck but you allow a lot of shots and have a weaker defensive zone.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:24 pm

Have to agree with you on this one, Blob.

Roussel just isn't the same this year coming back from major knee surgery. Last year he was dragging the team into the fight. This year he's holding the team back.

He's moving like he's on one leg.

Him and Hernia Birdbones need to be managed properly if you want them at their best for the post-season.

But Green really is a stubborn prick. He'll sit some guys out forever and fall in love with some guys and never let them off the ice. Guys like Fantasyberg shouldn't be in there for 10-15 straight games because they always look like the 6-7 Dman that they are when you overuse them.

Guys like Jake gets yanked all over the place but Roussel gets a guaranteed spot on the 2nd unit? C'mon, man. That's not fucking developing your youth.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Fantenburg,Myers,Bo,Roussell,lots of sloppy defensive play.
1st line looked good for the most part.
These are the games that will come back to haunt them if they don't make the playoffs.
20 games left,they need better focus
sloppy sloppy sloppy
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Bobby Ryan misses half the season to attend AA meetings. Then comes back to score a hat-trick against us.

Fuck this team makes you have a drinking problem.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:53 pm Bobby Ryan misses half the season to attend AA meetings. Then comes back to score a hat-trick against us.

Fuck this team makes you have a drinking problem.

In most cases Carl, but in Doyles case, drinking is the only reason he gets out of bed everyday
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau