GDT: 02/25/20; Canucks vs Canadiens>4:00PM>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 02/25/20; Canucks vs Canadiens>4:00PM>SNETP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'm just going to wait for Doc or Doylie to come in here and beat Micky with a stick...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Those fucking hab homos probably played their best game of the year today against us. They know theyre out of it and were hitting late, cross checking all over the ice, getting away with tons of shit for no apparent reason.

Whats the deal with the NHL? The canucks are one of the most entertaining teams in the league....they fill rinks and have casual fans dialed right in for the games. Why would they let a shitty team like these frog smurfs get away with this crap on one of their golden geese?
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:57 pm Those fucking hab homos probably played their best game of the year today against us. They know theyre out of it and were hitting late, cross checking all over the ice, getting away with tons of shit for no apparent reason.

Whats the deal with the NHL? The canucks are one of the most entertaining teams in the league....they fill rinks and have casual fans dialed right in for the games. Why would they let a shitty team like these frog smurfs get away with this crap on one of their golden geese?
Cuz they original 6
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 pm I'm just going to wait for Doc or Doylie to come in here and beat Micky with a stick...
Lol at Gomer. I’ll let Doc have this one :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

PPG:- Bo Horvat (20) Wrist Shot,- assists: J.T. Miller (39),- Quinn Hughes (42)-15:57-1st --- https://streamable.com/hraeg#

EVEN:- Alexander Edler (5) -Wrist Shot, assists: Jake Virtanen (17)-15:36-2nd --- https://streamable.com/y7zpk#

PPG:- Jake Virtanen (18) Wrist Shot,- assists: Tyler Myers (14),- Adam Gaudette (19)- 05:53-3rd --- https://streamable.com/fektd# - heavy shot!

EVEN:- Tyler Toffoli (21) Wrist Shot,- assists: Bo Horvat (30), -Alexander Edler (23)-01:35-OT --- https://streamable.com/7w73f# - Great OT!

-Domi cross check on Hughes --- https://streamable.com/dpp3i#

Motte gets the Butt end --- https://streamable.com/tt31h#

Oops-hahahaha --- https://streamable.com/x49fe#
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:34 pm The league is quite the joke when it comes to certain star players.

Petey takes a ton of shit and abuse away from the play.....granted he falls down a bunch, so refs will overlook shit and let it go more often, but just wow.

Anyways. There's our single point. 2 more to go on this roadtrip for me to be right. :P

And that was beautiful.
SixNine hates Swedes, first Edler, now Petey
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:35 pm Exciting 3rd! They could have had three picture perfect goals. Got the one they mattered. Huge!
It’s Yuge. Not Huge
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:02 pm Carey Price is still a top 5 goalie. He just plays on a shitty team and his contract is too long. But the man can still play. Does anyone remember at the other CC there was a neckbeard poster named crotch bandit that claimed to be very tight with Carey Price. Apparently they always went fishing together. I wasn’t buying it and let him know a few times. :lol: Curious if anyone remembers that toad....

This game is a must win. Not an OTL... a win.
I don’t know about that, I’m near ready to toss Price on the list of overpaid hasbeens from BC
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:06 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:16 pm I'm just going to wait for Doc or Doylie to come in here and beat Micky with a stick...
Lol at Gomer. I’ll let Doc have this one :lol:
The sex change and the 90 year old fake gunslinger trying to start something? :lol: :lol:
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:34 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:34 pm The league is quite the joke when it comes to certain star players.

Petey takes a ton of shit and abuse away from the play.....granted he falls down a bunch, so refs will overlook shit and let it go more often, but just wow.

Anyways. There's our single point. 2 more to go on this roadtrip for me to be right. :P

And that was beautiful.
SixNine hates Swedes, first Edler, now Petey
:eh:

Your spandex unitard getting a bit tight around the neck or something Chef? I said he gets abused and the refs let it go, which is bush league BS. Where's the hate there?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:39 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:02 pm Carey Price is still a top 5 goalie. He just plays on a shitty team and his contract is too long. But the man can still play. Does anyone remember at the other CC there was a neckbeard poster named crotch bandit that claimed to be very tight with Carey Price. Apparently they always went fishing together. I wasn’t buying it and let him know a few times. :lol: Curious if anyone remembers that toad....

I don’t know about that, I missed the game as usual passed out cold and hammered out of my skull
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I remember that sock! :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:01 pm
I remember that sock! :)
Who was the puppeteer? I figured that was a poster on his own
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:39 pm

I don’t know about that, I’m near ready to toss Price on the list of overpaid hasbeens from BC
There's not question he's overpaid.

No goalie is worth more than 10% of a team's cap.

Look at all of the Stanley Cup winners of the past 10 years. The highest paid goaltenders were Holtby and Quick, both of whom have cap hits of less than $6.2M.

Look at some of the losers. Most of them had more money committed to the crease.

Montreal, Florida, and New York, all have more than 10% of their total cap committed to their starting goaltender.....Florida only just this year, but how much playoff damage have those teams done recently, and how much are they likely to do this year?

I'd say that anything more than roughly 7% of a team's total cap committed to the crease is a recipe for disaster unless you have a revolving door of top tier skaters coming out of your farm system on ELC's.