GDT: 02/08/20: Calgary vs Vancouver>7:00PM>SNETP/HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 02/08/20: Calgary vs Vancouver>7:00PM>SNETP/HNIC

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fuck I could have watched Anne of Green Gables on VHS tonight instead of that shit.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hank wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:26 pm
rats19 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:19 pm I will say I’ve not jumped on the travis green bandwagon...
Green and Brown's inflexibility and inability to adjust is so frustrating.

I feel like a few less starts for Marky would have been good for everyone.

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:23 pm So will Pillsbury come back with the same lineup on Monday?
I hope Sedin Week means they dress for the next 3 games.
Yeah Marky getting overworked.

Petey is getting murdered out there and not a single Canuck gave a fuck.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:28 pm Fuck I could have watched Anne of Green Gables on VHS tonight instead of that shit.
Well if you're drinking Gibson's at least you'll think Megan Follows is hot.....
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:30 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:28 pm Fuck I could have watched Anne of Green Gables on VHS tonight instead of that shit.
Well if you're drinking Gibson's at least you'll think Megan Follows is hot.....
I said I could have Mëds.... I’m not watching Anne Shirley now. I gotta check the library. Might need to watch some violence tonight. God knows the Canucks don’t provide any. I can imagine Travis Bickle in a Canucks uniform I guess.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Lots of beer and some rye and nope she doesn’t look good but then neither did the Canucks.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:34 pm
I said I could have Mëds.... I’m not watching Anne Shirley now. I gotta check the library. Might need to watch some violence tonight. God knows the Canucks don’t provide any. I can imagine Travis Bickle in a Canucks uniform I guess.
That crappy Jones vs Reyes UFC card looks better than this game.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I can understand that my team will lose, but I HATE to see them outworked.

Fuck. this.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:38 pm I can understand that my team will lose, but I HATE to see them outworked.

Fuck. this.
Lately it hasn't been so much that they've been physically outworked, it's mentally outworked. There's no thought or anticipation in their game. They look like a strictly coached junior team up against pros. Other teams know how to line up against us, they know where we're sending the puck next, they know who will and won't shoot, and they know full well that so long as they stay in their positions our guys will just stand around looking up and down the boards waiting for them to move.

You wanna defend against the Canucks? Just stand in a lane like a pylon because Green's boys are too stupid to try and skate around an orange cone.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Completely unprepared and out worked. Really bad after the middle of the second period.

Officiating isn't going to give Pettersson anything anymore. There were a couple that should have been called but I guess

he's embellishing too much. :evil: Gives it back though. None the less the Flame's game plan worked to a tee and Travis

had no idea how to compensate or counter act it. He didn't use his bench well in the first half of the game and his best players

ran out of gas, you could really see it in Hughes. Rittich had a great second period in net for the Flames and the Canucks kept trying

to beat him with shots he could easily see. The flames were generally harder on the puck and were simply a faster, better skating team.

To put it bluntly; I saw one team playing like they thought they were the better team. I saw the other team fighting for their playoff lives

and looking like a playoff team.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Man, tuff lost, but Calgary was the better team tonite.
damonberryman wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:20 pm You see how no one on Canucks goes near Lucic.
Yeah, Looch had a big game. He invited Rooster to a fight, but Rooster quickly declined. Can't blame our guy I guess, but Tkachuky was willing to go with Miller early in the game to get some momentum for them and it worked.
Strangelove wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:17 pm .
Hopefully Benn is chomping at the bit to lay on some of those thunderous hits he's known for.

Hopefully he lays one on that weaselly son of Keith. :drink:
Benn blocked a couple shots from Tkchuky, then Tkachuky gave him a cheap shot. I noticed Benn took a number and got Tkachuky back later. :D
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:29 pm I’d take Semenko’s corpse over Schaller
Yeah, Schaller and Eriksson aren't doing much for me right now. I wouldn't mind scratching them and trying J.Bailey and/or Big Mac Zack MacEwen to change things up a bit. Eriksson with the BoHo-Pearce line has gone quiet and had some struggles lately.
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:29 pm Horvat in his last 4 games has 1 assist on an empty net goal. He’s gone ice cold
BoHo had a nice effort tonite and he made some nice dangles trying to beat guys 1-1, but unfortunately Pavel Bure he is not. Bo, use your mates man!
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:40 pm Adam Gaud it.
Nice goal by the Hockey Gaud, getting the puck off his skate and burying it. He has been quite cold lately, hopefully this will get him going. We need him and others to step up down the stretch if Brockstar is out.
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:37 pm Boeser should just quit. How the fuck did he all of a sudden forget how to score?
I would say Brockstar hasn't had that offensive flair for most of the season; I think he benefited from playing with Petey-Miller for most of the season. Brock's shot just doesn't seem to have the same velocity and accuracy like in his rookie year, maybe his wrist is still hindering him. I think Brock is mainly a close range shooter right now. Hughes doesn't even bother to pass it to him on the PP and shoots it himself.
Mëds wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:57 pm I miss the days when we had a shooter like Naslund who could come off the half-boards with the puck and get the shot through more often than not.
Nasi looks good in After Hours. Nice to see him in town for Sedin week. Hopefully Legends week will be the tonic to get us back on a win streak again.
Micky wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:51 pm I thought Green would have gave this game to Demko. Well he's the one that gets paid, not me...
I thought Greener was going to play Demko in Minny and give Marky this one, but yeah, what do we know? 3 straight losses for Marky, u would think he needs a break and give Demer the next one. Another big game vs Nashville coming up though, they have been playing better and moving up the standings.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

00:34; 1st: EVEN: Tanner Pearson (16) Wrist Shot,- assists: Quinn Hughes (33),- Bo Horvat (28) --- https://streamable.com/zszb3#

18:13; 1st: EVEN: Adam Gaudette (9) Wrist Shot, assists: none --- https://streamable.com/52wy4#

all the rest of the goals :oops:

Miller / Matt scuffle --- https://streamable.com/vrr29# ---not bad

Slew-foot on Pettersson --- https://streamable.com/5yg3o#

Dube sandwich --- https://streamable.com/3fjke#

They don't call holding do they? --- https://streamable.com/bqimt#

Boeser injury / not good.. -- https://streamable.com/0cv2c
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post game> Gaudette--Pearson--Travis Green

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... /c-5233433

Sure sounds to me Green got warned about something he said on a previous PG.--just guessing.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks played a chicken shit game with the exception of Miller and Hughes. Mr. Horvat you’re wearing the C stop being a lifeless passenger ffs.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Raging Fury
MVP
MVP

Post by Raging Fury »

Gah it stick to my craw that we lose to those fuckers. So annoyed.

Nothing we can do but to regroup. Get well Brock!