GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 4181
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Hank » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:40 pm

This team is just better with the vets. Less responsibilities on the young guys.

The energy that Beagle, Ferland and Roussel is bringing is rubbing off on the whole team.

I haven't seen this kind of relentless forechecking and transition since early in the season.
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by dangler » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Hank,you forgot to mention Leivos 5th goal :drink:
Loui is tougher to get rid of than ear hair

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10295
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Micky » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:47 pm

Sabers look horridly disorganized. Wonder if they're gonna get abused, yelled at, pummelled a talking to.
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 9441
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Hank wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:40 pm
This team is just better with the vets. Less responsibilities on the young guys.

The energy that Beagle, Ferland and Roussel is bringing is rubbing off on the whole team.

I haven't seen this kind of relentless forechecking and transition since early in the season.
Ferland and Roussel are massive upgrades over the outgoers.

How about Fatburger? Hes a steady as she goes kinda dman who finishes checks. I like him in that 3rd pairing alot
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1304
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by dangler » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:53 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:48 pm
How about Fatburger? Hes a steady as she goes kinda dman who finishes checks. I like him in that 3rd pairing alot
Looking good so far
Loui is tougher to get rid of than ear hair

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10295
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Micky » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Stecher is being rather bold. Let's not do that. Stay home.
"evolution"

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:56 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:34 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:31 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:15 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:10 pm
These are my favourite jerseys. I like the black.
Like your men?
:lol:
Who says I like men?
Carl Yagro
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 4181
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Hank » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:57 pm

dangler wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:47 pm
Hank,you forgot to mention Leivos 5th goal :drink:
I prefer to mention how many stick and board battles he loses that leads to turnovers and extended defending. I also don't mind mentioning how marginal he really is but is getting so many looks with good offensive players to pad the stats. The same as when Goldy gets way overrated playing with EP but in reality isn't an NHLer.

Teams that expect to contend don't rely on placeholders like Leivo.

Alrrrright, Dangles.... I'll give ol' Joshy some props ;)
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:57 pm

I’m picking Hughes over Dahlin, big time, in a redraft. The kid is dynamic with the puck.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 4181
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Hank » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:58 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:48 pm
How about Fatburger? Hes a steady as she goes kinda dman who finishes checks. I like him in that 3rd pairing alot
I actually don't think Oscar the Slouch is really an every day 3rd pairing guy. But given the hot garbage we've seen over the last 4 years, I like how steady he is.
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 10295
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Micky » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:56 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:34 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:31 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:15 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:10 pm
These are my favourite jerseys. I like the black.
Like your men?
:lol:
Who says I like men?
Carl Yagro
:lol: Well done..
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 9441
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:57 pm
I’m picking Hughes over Dahlin, big time, in a redraft. The kid is dynamic with the puck.
Its a toss up which tells me either or...theyre both around the same value. Hitting that at 7 is a stroke of...shall i say...genius? :wow:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:00 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:57 pm
I’m picking Hughes over Dahlin, big time, in a redraft. The kid is dynamic with the puck.
Its a toss up which tells me either or...theyre both around the same value. Hitting that at 7 is a stroke of...shall i say...genius? :wow:
And Pettersson at 5th

Sedin twins skill replaced immediately ! “Just that easy folks” - Shell Bussey

“And the Detroit Red Wings select, Filip Zadina” - Holland the Great!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15342
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Oh my Roussel!!!
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 16422
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Sabers 07 Dec 2019 @ 13:00 PST on SNP

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Roussel could go down as Bennings greatest UFA signing
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply