GDT: Canucks @ Coil - Nov 30 - 7:00 - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Coil - Nov 30 - 7:00 - CBC

Post by Mickey107 »

“It’s big. Last game we weren’t happy with the result, this was our best 60 minute effort, and for it to be at the end of the road trip is good. Everyone chipped in and that’s what needs to happen for us to be successful.” - Markstrom
"He hasn't complained once this year. Hasn't played anywhere but the 4th line. He wanted the opportunity. Sometimes you have to reassess and give them credit, that line played well tonight." - Green on Eriksson
"You need it. I think when we're playing our best we get production throughout our lineup. I think that was obvious through the first 15 games. It was nice to get back to it the last two games and also combine it with a good defensive game tonight." - Green on depth scoring
Sportsnet stats; https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/2155247

So, like I've watched thru the game as best I could and the only think I see is an awkward looking mishap Edler had at about the 8:45 mark
of the second. :?: He aint playing tomorrow so, F**K, and Yikes.

Why Eriksson cannot play the way he did to-nite on a more consistent basis will probably never be known. Kismet.

The score flatters the Oilers. They sucked. Vancouver got grade A scoring chances and were able to penetrate the Oiler's defensive zone at will.
Could have been 9-3.

Many Canucks had good games. Guess they can smell home. With the right mindset they could have, should have gone 5 for 6 on this trip.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:27 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:23 pm Guess he’s pretty bent about losing that 5th round draft pick :lol:
I just hate people taking drugs, especially the ones with bright futures.
Back in the day, Kevin Bieksa did everything he could to help Zack. Worked for a while but it wasn't enough. There was a ton of Booze
involved too. I remember Kevin trying to get him thru that Jake Milford golf tourney one year when he could barely stand.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah it wasn’t just booze Mickey.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:49 am
"He hasn't complained once this year. Hasn't played anywhere but the 4th line. He wanted the opportunity. Sometimes you have to reassess and give them credit, that line played well tonight." - Green on Eriksson
Why Eriksson cannot play the way he did to-nite on a more consistent basis will probably never be known. Kismet.
Well, part of it is right there in the quote; they’ve played him on the fourth line.

Eriksson was in my opinion never someone who creates a lot by himself, his strength was always garbage goals or tipping in someone’s great pass. When playing with good line mates he can rake up points, but he doesn’t create a whole lot himself.

If he can play like this, keeping him on Horvat’s line may be a good option. Horvat is a smart player but has not had the right players to play with. Loui is not grade A, but he can tip in a good pass or score on the rebound if allowed to play a more offensive role. Like tonight.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Even more impressive than the win over St Louis.

Lil Trojan was overwhelmed, overpowered and needs to be overlooked.

Mike Smith sucks.

Fast physical hockey, a very fun game to watch and one that was much closer than the scoreboard.

Do it again
Last edited by Topper on Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“Lose these two games to the Coilers and it’s time to probably focus on the draft” - Doyles Boil

“And the Red Wings select Filip Zadina” - Holland
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:36 am

Mike Smith sucks.
It’s always the difference maker. The Oilers will only go so far with that putrid goaltending. Canucks in all likelihood have the gsmes best tandem which will bring us great success!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Per wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:11 am
Well, part of it is right there in the quote; they’ve played him on the fourth line.

Eriksson was in my opinion never someone who creates a lot by himself, his strength was always garbage goals or tipping in someone’s great pass. When playing with good line mates he can rake up points, but he doesn’t create a whole lot himself.

If he can play like this, keeping him on Horvat’s line may be a good option. Horvat is a smart player but has not had the right players to play with. Loui is not grade A, but he can tip in a good pass or score on the rebound if allowed to play a more offensive role. Like tonight.

It’s hard to disagree with that. If you are going to keep him you need to play him to his strengths. He did have some chemistry starting to happen last year with Bo. If I’m Green I’m riding that combination until the wounded start to return then reassess.

He has been a huge disappointment since he arrived but as Benning likes to say he is defensively sound. If he, Pearson and Bo play like that, a shutdown role with the added offence, then ya ride them until it breaks.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:23 am “Lose these two games to the Coilers and it’s time to probably focus on the draft” - Doyles Boil

So you think the Canucks could pick up 67 points in the last 54 games? I want some of what you’re smoking. I know math isn’t your thing.... English for that matter either, but I digress. If they lost both games they would be at 28 points in 28 games.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hank wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:59 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:40 pm
Jovocop wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:27 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:23 pm Guess he’s pretty bent about losing that 5th round draft pick :lol:
I just hate people taking drugs, especially the ones with bright futures.
Dafuuuq?
But Jovo is ambivalent about you taking drugs...

;) :lol:
Hey!

:scowl:

Fuckers
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:11 am

He’s had one... maybe two decent games all season. It wasn’t any better last year or the year before. If the team is close to fully healthy he should never see the ice. Last night he actually broke a sweat and put in a bit of effort. Knowing Green that will buy him another dozen games.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:48 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:23 am “Lose these two games to the Coilers and it’s time to probably focus on the draft” - Doyles Boil

So you think the Canucks could pick up 67 points in the last 54 games? I want some of what you’re smoking. I know math isn’t your thing.... English for that matter either, but I digress. If they lost both games they would be at 28 points in 28 games.
Are you tanking For a high pick? On December 1st? Of the regular season?

On January 3rd 2019>> St. Louis was 15-18-4 (34 points) with a minus-21 goal differential and dead last in the league.

I'm just funning, Doyle. I'm a very, very slight bit concerned about hovering too long at .500.as well...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:48 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:48 am

Are you tanking For a high pick? On December 1st? Of the regular season?

On January 3rd 2019>> St. Louis was 15-18-4 (34 points) with a minus-21 goal differential and dead last in the league.

I'm just funning, Doyle. I'm a very, very slight bit concerned about hovering too long at .500.as well...
St Louis had a much better team than Vancouver does. Win today and they are 14-10-4 with five of six at home. I think it might be something like 12 of 15 at home now, without more than a two or three hour flight.