GDT: 25/10/19: Capitals vs Canucks>7pm>SN1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 25/10/19: Capitals vs Canucks>7pm>SN1

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:55 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:48 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:28 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:14 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:18 pm Canucks are solid in every area of the game. Brilliant rebuild
:lol:
Whats funny is hes right. I love this team and how theyre built. How he did it while sounding so dumb is beyond me
I hate the team, they’re a ways away from being rebuilt yet. Still lacking a couple more good players
Fyp
Keep pounding the royal red. Eventually you might make sense
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, that's that! What a side show. If Green is gonna be a successful head coach to lead a team to the playoff, he's gonna have to learn
that it's OK to pull your goalie when he's sucking. (and by the way, I could see Marky was off as early as the first). You have another capable
netminder at your disposal. Plenty of blame to throw around but I'd start there.
Brock sucks on shoot-outs now.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Leivo and Pearson get 16 min of ice time while Virtanen and Ferland get 9 min. Makes total sense Travis. :scowl:
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Maybe there were some missed calls but the Canucks gotta stop trying to sell them so much. Doesn't help.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:01 pm Leivo and Pearson get 16 min of ice time while Virtanen and Ferland get nine min. Makes total sense Travis. :scowl:
so the Sutter line played over 13 minutes of even strength time, the rest made up on the PP and PK.

What were the matchups coach Baubles?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:06 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:01 pm Leivo and Pearson get 16 min of ice time while Virtanen and Ferland get nine min. Makes total sense Travis. :scowl:
so the Sutter line played over 13 minutes of even strength time, the rest made up on the PP and PK.

What were the matchups coach Baubles?
You had two guys skating miles and holding their own defensively and you choose to play them nine minutes. It’s retarded. Wouldn’t expect you to know the difference after a day at the beer parlour and a long shift at the coal mine
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:41 pm Was that another too many men in OT? The Caps really got away with a lot of penalties, assists to the refs. :evil:
Your right about the too many men, (twice-obvious).
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Jovocop wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:13 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:13 pm Green outcoached
Markstrom is back on earth. 5 goals on 20 shots.
12 shots total in the 2nd and 3rd. Considering the last one in the 2nd was a goal, that means 4 goals on 7 shots.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

PERIOD 1

05:33 Vancouver PPG - Brock Boeser (3) ASST: Quinn Hughes (6), Bo Horvat (2) 1-1 https://streamable.com/co9pm#

07:29 Vancouver SHG - Tim Schaller (2) ASST: Jay Beagle (1) 1-2 https://streamable.com/qq9cz#

PERIOD 2

05:59 Vancouver Elias Pettersson (3) ASST: J.T. Miller (7), Brock Boeser (6) 1-3 https://streamable.com/epmpk#

13:59 Vancouver Tim Schaller (3) 1-4 https://streamable.com/2ze8q#

14:54 Vancouver Jake Virtanen (2) ASST: Bo Horvat (3), Micheal Ferland (2) 1-5 https://streamable.com/s4f4l#

......................................................................... :evil: then :evil:

.......................................................... Image
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

post-game Green;

https://www.facebook.com/Canucks/videos ... 613592440/

this is the long one / for those that watched this game, might want to listen to this one...
There is a couple of notable things he talks about that I strenuously disagree with...?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Markstrom should be mad. At himself, his team (abit), and his coach for not .......................out.

https://twitter.com/dooley_matt_/status ... -crying%2F
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Well...fuck. That sucks

The team thought they had the sucker in the bag. Markstrom went all Luongo beach-ball mania

The End
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sutter with more ice time than Horvat. Leivo and Pearson who looked like they were skating in mud got 13 min ES time and 3 min each on the PP. Virtanen and Ferland had great jump and got 9 min each.

Stecher looked the shits and caused the 2nd goal with that dumb pinch and then he screens his fucking goalie. Hughes needs to be a lot firmer in his own end than that. He got abused down low throughout the game. He’s young and small, it will happen. Still does more good than bad most nights and the same can be said for Tyler Myers. He had the one bad blunder on the goal against but so did Tanev. At the end of the day Myers still does more good than bad out there. He and Hughes and even Benn makes the D better. It’s still not a great group but certainly a fair bit better than trotting Pouliot, Gudbranson and Del Zotto out there.

Hopefully Travis and the players are learning here together. They need to stay sharp for 60 min, not 40. The coach needs to play less matchups and let the guys play when they are skating well. Trying to linematch every single fucking shift is asinine.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

I only watched the last period - listened to part of the first two periods on the radio as driving.

A few things that popped out: Washington has sick secondary firepower; ovie wasn't really on his game at all; canucks seemed to think they had it in the bag when they got to 5 but have to credit Washington for putting foot on the gas; green couldnt take a timeout at the right time if it was a life/death situation - he seems to value them so dearly that he wont use it until it is already too late - waiting until it was tied is just bad coaching in my mind when you could see the wheels falling off on the 4th washington goal. They were lucky to get a point out of this one.

Marky not nearly as sharp as we have been used to. I think either pulling him on the 4th goal or taking a timeout would have been the right call. Neither happened obviously.

Sick goal by Petey in the shootout.

Maybe time to pick an alternate to Boeser in the shootout.

As has been stated, hopefully they all take this as a learning experience on what not to do in future games.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Good assessments of the game, Doyle and DC4PM.

To be fair, it does happen to the best of them. The boys did just come back from 2 and 3 goal deficits in the 3rd period on their recent road trip.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Every goalie needs to be pulled once in a while. It's good for them. :oops: Builds character. Seriously, I don't think the Mark would've been
busting sticks on the bench if he'd got the hook after 3...
On Green's comments on Hughe's fuck-ups and that there gonna have to go over some things, well those thing start with you, coach.
Your the one that threw the heavy "save the game for us" minutes on him! He gets in trouble, Bo has to challenge a guy on his behalf.
My point is there are a couple of other options when your loading up either on offense or "save the game", defense.
Myers and Edler are capable too. They know what to do.
In retrospect, Jovo was right about a couple of too many men no calls, (that would have helped), but other than that, I gotta say that
coach Green is still learning the game at the NHL level. He was miffed in his post game. His deployment was the biggest part of our
not winning. IMO. :)
"evolution"