GDT: Canucks @ oiler - 7pm- SN-P -Oct 2

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ oiler - 7pm- SN-P -Oct 2

Post by Mickey107 »

Good posts from both DonCherry4pm and Hank.

There is one tough spot right now. Jake has sucked right from the get-go, this year.
He deserved to be sent down for "another" adjustment. He's so cheap, we would lose him.
Not many want to gift him away on waivers. Many want to see old and getting older jake finally get-it.
We need what Jake brings, when he's in the mood. We need it so desperately, he sticks.
When he returns Roussel can bring a different type of toughness but not quite what Jake can do; When he feels like it.
Jake is gonna give Green grey, (more grey) hair. If they did the skills comp. right now Virtanen would probably still
be the fastest skater.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:12 am
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:07 am I mentioned Goldobin more as reference to an any player with offence, yes he has defensive flaws but then so do some of the bottom 6. I will retract the name Goldy and substitute anyone with some offensive flair on the team. a 3rd line of Gaudette/Bear/??? would be better than what we see currently.
How is Baertchi getting pushed around and off pucks all over the ice be better tho reef?
Is Baertchi easy to get off the puck? I do not remember probably because the guy cannot stay healthy long enough. If he is gun shy ok I get that, if he is one hit away from eating with a plastic spoon for the rest of his life then the Canucks should have a medical reason to put him on LTIR and get his cap off so they can find someone who can meet what is needed.

It is funny, 1 game and we are like this, can you imagine what will happen after a couple more loses. :shock:
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:47 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:12 am
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:07 am I mentioned Goldobin more as reference to an any player with offence, yes he has defensive flaws but then so do some of the bottom 6. I will retract the name Goldy and substitute anyone with some offensive flair on the team. a 3rd line of Gaudette/Bear/??? would be better than what we see currently.
How is Baertchi getting pushed around and off pucks all over the ice be better tho reef?
Is Baertchi easy to get off the puck? I do not remember probably because the guy cannot stay healthy long enough. If he is gun shy ok I get that, if he is one hit away from eating with a plastic spoon for the rest of his life then the Canucks should have a medical reason to put him on LTIR and get his cap off so they can find someone who can meet what is needed.

It is funny, 1 game and we are like this, can you imagine what will happen after a couple more loses. :shock:
When Baer joined the team I recall he was horrible along the boards. Almost always fell to the ice, never came out with the puck. After a good talk with Benning he showed a lot of improvement. Recent posts have referred to him being apprehensive in his game, so perhaps he has not regained the improvement he had and is back to his former self. He's medically cleared to play, obviously, so he can't be put on LTIR.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

micky107 wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:01 pm Good posts from both DonCherry4pm and Hank.

There is one tough spot right now. Jake has sucked right from the get-go, this year.
He deserved to be sent down for "another" adjustment. He's so cheap, we would lose him.
Not many want to gift him away on waivers. Many want to see old and getting older jake finally get-it.
We need what Jake brings, when he's in the mood. We need it so desperately, he sticks.
When he returns Roussel can bring a different type of toughness but not quite what Jake can do; When he feels like it.
Jake is gonna give Green grey, (more grey) hair. If they did the skills comp. right now Virtanen would probably still
be the fastest skater.
Mick, I think to get the most out of Jake he needs to line up with players that at least have a hint of creativity. He ain't getting that with Sutter or Beagle. I'd like to see him with Gaudette for a while, say 10-20 games, see if they can gel. The have combined on some nice goals before.