Senators @ Canucks - Sept 25 - 7:00PM PST - SNET - PRE-SEASON

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Senators @ Canucks - Sept 25 - 7:00PM PST - SNET - PRE-SEASON

Post by SKYO »

Hardly anyone remembers the pre-season anyways as it ain't the regular season with full rosters, but it's more to gel and create chemistry, shake off the rust plus more importantly to see WHO wants to play in the pros' full time - and now we know it's Gaudette with honourable mention to Rafferty and MacEwen.

Virtanen must have had a Roxy night yesterday, seemed not too into it today.

Really notice when the big dawgs Edler + Myers on defense ain't playing, defense looks so lackluster with no pillars of stability.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:59 pm Gaudette needs to add one more goal tomorrow and there will be no way they can send him down.
Nice to see Baertschi looking so good again.
Nice to see the Hockey Gaud with another strong outing. He's showing some nice finish, which he didn't have last season and that fancy stick move/pass to Baercheese was a beaut. Something I thought I would only see in Petey. Last season, I said Jake was way ahead of Gaudette. Now it's looking like the opposite, the Hockey Gaud looks way more rdy and chomping at the bit to start in the NHL.
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:22 pm Gaudette has some struggles defensively for 3rd line centre duty but man this kid is gonna be tough to send down
Maybe they slot him to the wing and spend some time learning from good vets like Sutts & Beags Dawg.
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:44 pm Motte is like the new Ryan Johnson. All impressive skating and that’s it.
I like Motte as well. He's kind of like a modern day Matt Cooke, but doesn't have the same edge/grit. Last season, it was easy to see why the Nucks went with him over Samwise.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:26 pm Nice to see the Hockey Gaud with another strong outing. He's showing some nice finish, which he didn't have last season and that fancy stick move/pass to Baercheese was a beaut. Something I thought I would only see in Petey. Last season, I said Jake was way ahead of Gaudette. Now it's looking like the opposite, the Hockey Gaud looks way more rdy and chomping at the bit to start in the NHL.
That's for sure. Gaudette is taking this opportunity, (at bat), and knocking it out of the park. Earning it the hard way, the right way.
I think he's won the spot. Doesn't make the best financial or roster situation sense but from day 1 it was said spots were there for those who earn them.
That chemistry between Baertschi and Gaudette was notable. A third line maybe? But the other 1 of 3 cannot be;
Eriksson
Sutter (maybe Sutter) meh
Virtanen
Goldobin
Well, we'll see. Gaudette was / is, much faster this year. In a dismal third period, he was skating his ass off covering for defense men who
were dropping the proverbial ball. Ya, Quinn had a wake-up call this night but that's OK, in fact, it had to happen. You could see the look on his
face on the bench. A learning experience, put it in the bank, (learn it), and go forward.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post game, Adam Gaudette / Post game, Travis Green;

.............https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... c-69141803
"evolution"