GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Chef Boi RD » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:20 pm

Sutter - Air Thief? Am I doing this right?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:20 pm
Sutter - Air Thief? Am I doing this right?
No


Lois is the Air Thief


Sutter is just an overpaid Birdbones fella
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Chef Boi RD » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 pm

2 years left on a $4.3 million modified NTC for a 30 year old two way centre in Sutter is a for real boat anchor. Am I doing this right?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 pm
2 years left on a $4.3 million modified NTC for a 30 year old two way centre in Sutter is a for real boat anchor. Am I doing this right?
I thought he was a great two way player like Bergeron and Toews.

That’s what someone said.

Am I doing this right?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Chef Boi RD » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 pm

Boucher will never be an NHL player due to the minor detail of being absolutely horrific defensively.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15619
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Chef Boi RD » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:31 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 pm
2 years left on a $4.3 million modified NTC for a 30 year old two way centre in Sutter is a for real boat anchor. Am I doing this right?
I thought he was a great two way player like Bergeron and Toews.

That’s what someone said.

Am I doing this right?
$4.3 million for Sutter - Boat Anchor
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:34 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:31 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 pm
2 years left on a $4.3 million modified NTC for a 30 year old two way centre in Sutter is a for real boat anchor. Am I doing this right?
I thought he was a great two way player like Bergeron and Toews.

That’s what someone said.

Am I doing this right?
$4.3 million for Sutter - Boat Anchor
You’re close. It’s not a boat anchor like Lois but it’s definitely a shitty contract


Have you watched any of the game or just shouted at the TV about Gillis?
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:35 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 pm
Boucher will never be an NHL player due to the minor detail of being absolutely horrific defensively.
Well that and he can’t skate. Rikster thinks the guy is a stud
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4741
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Per » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:36 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Lois is the Air Thief
You’re close. It’s not a boat anchor like Lois but it’s definitely a shitty contract
Who is Lois?

Superman’s girlfriend? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Per wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:36 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Lois is the Air Thief
You’re close. It’s not a boat anchor like Lois but it’s definitely a shitty contract
Who is Lois?

Superman’s girlfriend? :|
Lois is Loui

Loui is the Air Thief
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 950
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:56 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Cherry Picker » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:42 pm

If Sutter plays like this in the regular season he’ll end up with 164 goals.
We are all Jim Benning.

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15966
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Cherry Picker wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:42 pm
If Sutter plays like this in the regular season he’ll end up with 164 goals.
This is what the Chef is counting on
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4741
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by Per » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:53 pm

So, I’m sorry to interrupt, but wasn’t there a game... ?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10966
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by SKYO » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Yup Myers can skate well for a big fella.

MacEwen had some crash and bang moments, seems perfect for a 4th line role call-up sometimes.

Ferland gonna be a beast out there, same with Virtanen, both big boys who like to hit and can get some goals.

Petey, oh Petey, you wonderful soul you of magic powers.

Biega always has that one Paul Coffey moment of going end to end like a mad man, than you don't notice him much.

Demko was pretty solid overall.

Gaudette was alright, same with Goldy/Pearson.

Chatfield needs to keep it simple, was looking for the big hit, but he plays a bit of an edge.

Hughes had some of the sparkle when he turned on the jets.

Sutter the wily ol' vet looks nice and healthy once again.

I think it's good having a ton of depth, weeds out the one's that are not prepared yet.

I can't wait to see the full lineup out there rolling 4 strong lines, having 3 solid pairings.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9548
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Edm - 7pm, SN1, NHLN-US - PRE-SEASON

Post by micky107 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:08 am

"evolution"

Post Reply