GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9367
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by rats19 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:09 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:07 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:59 pm
I thought the ref blew the whistle before the puck went in.

Ref made a mistake by blowing the whistle too early... but technically that goal shouldn't count imo.
The rule says something about continuous motion of the puck not being affected by whistling the play dead. Before the play was whistled dead the puck was rolling unimpeded towards the goal line. It had already come lose from Markstrom. It was the right call.
Cheech’s bitch was that if marky didn’t hear the whistle he might have made a last gasp effort... so I guess never quit...
Getting old is not for the young...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22003
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:07 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:59 pm
I thought the ref blew the whistle before the puck went in.

Ref made a mistake by blowing the whistle too early... but technically that goal shouldn't count imo.
The rule says something about continuous motion of the puck not being affected by whistling the play dead. Before the play was whistled dead the puck was rolling unimpeded towards the goal line. It had already come lose from Markstrom. It was the right call.
I dunnooooo....

I've seen them call no goal because they meant but failed to blow the whistle

... but I've never seen this.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22003
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:13 pm

rats19 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:09 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:07 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:59 pm
I thought the ref blew the whistle before the puck went in.

Ref made a mistake by blowing the whistle too early... but technically that goal shouldn't count imo.
The rule says something about continuous motion of the puck not being affected by whistling the play dead. Before the play was whistled dead the puck was rolling unimpeded towards the goal line. It had already come lose from Markstrom. It was the right call.
Cheech’s bitch was that if marky didn’t hear the whistle he might have made a last gasp effort... so I guess never quit...
Cheech is right as far as I'm concerned, when the whistle is blown, the play is dead.

Isn't THAT what the whistle means? :look:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9367
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by rats19 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:13 pm
rats19 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:09 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:07 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:59 pm
I thought the ref blew the whistle before the puck went in.

Ref made a mistake by blowing the whistle too early... but technically that goal shouldn't count imo.
The rule says something about continuous motion of the puck not being affected by whistling the play dead. Before the play was whistled dead the puck was rolling unimpeded towards the goal line. It had already come lose from Markstrom. It was the right call.
Cheech’s bitch was that if marky didn’t hear the whistle he might have made a last gasp effort... so I guess never quit...
Cheech is right as far as I'm concerned, when the whistle is blown, the play is dead.

Isn't THAT what the whistle means? :look:
A little known seldom used wrinkle to that rule..... Toronto gets a lot of those :wink:
Getting old is not for the young...

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3864
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Hank » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 pm

So Smith targets Hughes again and highsticks him in the head. Gudbranson nobody responds even with a bad word.

Will the media make a stink about it?
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22003
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:24 pm

Hank wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 pm
So Smith targets Hughes again and highsticks him in the head. Gudbranson nobody responds even with a bad word.

Will the media make a stink about it?
Yeah, the media will push hard to force the team to acquire a heavyweight.

Then they'll run that heavyweight out of town.

Rinse and repeat.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22003
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:24 pm

rats19 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:16 pm
A little known seldom used wrinkle to that rule..... Toronto gets a lot of those :wink:
Have I ever mentioned I hate Toronto?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm
Contact:

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Tiger » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:38 pm

1st period ref's favor the Nucks
2Nd period they fuk us
Blind man not involved
Best line Bo and company
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 pm

Hughes has a lot of work to do defensively
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8203
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Cornuck » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:53 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 pm
Hughes has a lot of work to do defensively
But thankfully we have Markstrom. ;)
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1742
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm
Contact:

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Tiger » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:53 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:51 pm
Hughes has a lot of work to do defensively
But thankfully we have Markstrom. ;)
First star for sure.
Damn he is goods :) :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:12 pm

That one should not count
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 15131
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:13 pm

Now that’s unreal.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9367
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by rats19 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:14 pm

Fing joke...

The hate for Vancouver is strong
Getting old is not for the young...

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8203
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: GDT: 04/04/19>Canucks vs Predators>5pm>SNETP

Post by Cornuck » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:15 pm

All this, just to see the magical, future overtime.
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

Post Reply