GDT: 30/03/19; Stars vs Canucks>7pm>SNETP;360/HNIC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 30/03/19; Stars vs Canucks>7pm>SNETP;360/HNIC

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:45 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:42 pm Granlundicious
Hunter Stinkcarrot! Where is he? Island Nucklehad hated trading Shrunkcarrot.

Beauty asset management by Jimbro

Really liking Leivo, Pearson and Schenn!

Genius
Did you eat the lightbulb after you smoked meth out of it?
Island Nucklehead wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 pm
Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I absolutely LOVE this trade!!!!

Shinkaruk sucks. He gets bounced off the puck easy, can't win a puck battle to save his life, is terrible along the boards and extremely awful at getting pucks out. He's the king of blue line cheating, very soft and skinnier than Brad Ference. He takes too many Low percentage shots on goal, they say the puck dies in is stick. He won't amount to a hill of beans

Another brilliant trade by the bird dawg!
Agreed, genius move by a genius GM. :mex:
lol anything to get excited these days, eh boys?

Should be the definition of a "nothing" trade. Dude is already writing off Shinkaruk, what does that say about Granlund, who is older and whose development seems to have stagnated. They're also pretty much the same size. So yeah, you get a bit better two-way player in exchange for someone with a higher skilled ceiling. Shinkaruk is also under control longer, and isn't waiver eligible next year. He's also having a better season than guys like Mantha and Petan, so calling him a bust seems pretty early. At any rate, lots of placeholders for the waiver-wire come October.

Anyways, nothing much to get excited about here, in either direction.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Peason is what Gaunce isn't. Same draft year.

Shenn is a step backwards for the organization going younger and faster. I'm not opposed to a cheap one year deal, may loose him on waivers or he may be in Utica, but there are better option to look for.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:30 pm Peason is what Gaunce isn't. Same draft year.
Almost incredible to think that Pearson and Gaunce were the same draft year. It feels like Pearson has been a name regularly heard out of LA for ages, and Gaunce is a rarely mentioned player even among Canuck fans. Is Pearson what Gaunce isn't because the teams that drafted them in 2012 were headed in different directions? Regardless, we have both of them now, but I can't see us keeping Gaunce as anything more than an AHL player now.
Shenn is a step backwards for the organization going younger and faster. I'm not opposed to a cheap one year deal, may loose him on waivers or he may be in Utica, but there are better option to look for.
There aren't better options right now actually. An under 30 RS dman who is all heart and soul and can actually play a big mean game and would be serviceable for 15 minutes per game is not going to be found internally, nor in free agency for the price that Schenn could be had for. Currently making $800K, I could see him signing on here for under $1.5M, and from what we've seen so far the past month he would be worth having for a couple of years in a placeholder role.

No question that the game has gotten away from him in terms of speed over the past 4 seasons, but he is an upgrade on Gudbranson at a fraction the cost. He's just as physical, and he can actually make a pass. He might be a good starting partner for Hughes right now, as he didn't look out of place as Quinn's counterpart against Dallas. If his play remains steady and he'll come at no more than $1.5M, then you won't find a better option.

Oh and learn how to spell the word "lose".....what are you, a millennial?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:57 pm

Oh and learn how to spell the word "lose".....what are you, a millennial?
It can happen amirite? :thumbs: